Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    people with medicine interviews, please could you post your stats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skygliderjack)
    I'm sorry to hear that
    What subject were you applying for, at which college?
    engineering at st johns. I still hav imperial to hope for though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    Thanks

Yep, rejected from KCL and Oxford, waiting to hear back from UCL and Imperial (although I haven't got my hopes up for Imperial).

Me and another person in my year who also applied to KCL with 300, 285, 280, 285, 293 at AS got rejected, both because of UKCAT apparently.

Where else did you apply/have you heard anything back from anyone else? Best of luck to you too, with those GCSEs, you deserve some offers.

Yep, I loved Oriel, but, oh well...
    I'd say don't give up on Imperial just yet, you never know what could happen

Wow, your AS grades are pretty solid- why didn't you apply to Cambridge? They interview like 80% of applicants, whereas Oxford interviews less than 30%. You'd definitely have got an interview, they'd have liked your AS UMS

I've heard back from all of mine now- interviews from Birmingham (tomorrow), Nottingham and KCL, plus the rejection from Oxford XD Means I'll be completely done with interviews by Christmas XD

Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehollowcrown)
    I've stayed there twice before but honestly it won't make a difference at all! AHH ITS SO PRETTY I can't wait to go next weekI feel like im more excited than nervous atm which is probably not how I should be lol
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    I'm neither excited nor nervous Really quite indifferent right now. I don't expect an offer at all and my heart is set on another uni but it'll be nice to go down there, tackle some maths and physics problems, dine at the college and just look around and relax, tbh.
    i would love an offer but i'm the same as you, just want to enjoy the experience
    Going in thinking about enjoying interviews as an experience in themselves is a great idea - you'll really be able to enjoy yourself and you'll be more relaxed. You're right, Oxford is pretty! It's nice just to come up and stay here for a while, to be honest (that's what I said to myself last December!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    I'd say don't give up on Imperial just yet, you never know what could happen

Wow, your AS grades are pretty solid- why didn't you apply to Cambridge? They interview like 80% of applicants, whereas Oxford interviews less than 30%. You'd definitely have got an interview, they'd have liked your AS UMS

I've heard back from all of mine now- interviews from Birmingham (tomorrow), Nottingham and KCL, plus the rejection from Oxford XD Means I'll be completely done with interviews by Christmas XD

Thanks again
    Nope haha, unfortunately they weren't my AS UMS, they were my friend's (who applied to King's) and he did apply to Cam as well! Maybe I should've done, I got 300 (A2 subject), 285, 279, 282 and 180 (made a mess of FM!) - the latter was probably the reason I didn't apply to Cambridge. Also, I loved Oxford, particularly Oriel and Christ Church.

Congrats on all your interviews! Sensible choice of only doing 1 BMAT as well - I did 3 BMAT and now regret it sincerely!

Good luck on your interviews! I hate to tempt fate, but you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like im more excited than nervous atm which is probably not how I should be lol
    This is literally me, I feel like I won't be able to sleep for a week now

ReputationRep:
    History applicants/interview holders!

Join the Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/558836207601854/

Join the TSR History Oxford thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3737909

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveliina97)
    14th-15th, but I'm probably going to arrive the night before the best of luck to you in case we don't see each other then!
    If you're arriving the night before then I'll probably see you at some point (unless Hugh's has a ridiculous number of interviewees) which'll be cool Good luck to you too, it'd be really good if we both got in, although that'll depend on how amazing we are compared to everyone else
    (Original post by gkallikas)
    Yeah, I didn't get it unfortunately.
    Sorry to hear that mate, did they tell you why?
    Good luck with your other unis though

ReputationRep:
    do keble/oxford send you an email if they reject you or do you just ... not hear anything???

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview for medicine from the 13th-14th at St.Edmund's Hall. Anyone else from there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chsdg)
    do keble/oxford send you an email if they reject you or do you just ... not hear anything???
    You should get an email, although I've heard that some colleges will send out a letter for rejections instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not you)
    You should get an email, although I've heard that some colleges will send out a letter for rejections instead

ahh okay great thanks for telling me because i've applied to keble and apparently they posted the invites to my subject (archaeology & anthropology) today and i haven't heard anything in like??? any form??? but apparently a lot of people haven't so ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chsdg)
    I believe for some other subjects they sent acceptances via email and rejections via post (if not an international student). Seems very old fashioned and redundant, especially as some of those rejected didn't find out straight away due to posting delay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chsdg)
    Letter. Rejections are posted at the same time as offers, so no news means absolutely nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not you)
    Sorry to hear that mate, did they tell you why?
    Good luck with your other unis though
    Thanks not specifically, they just sent the generic rejection email, talking about the selection process and how competitive it is. But I still have other unis so I'll focus on those now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chsdg)
    ahh okay great thanks for telling me because i've applied to keble and apparently they posted the invites to my subject (archaeology & anthropology) today and i haven't heard anything in like??? any form??? but apparently a lot of people haven't so ...
    They only posted the letters today, so it will take until tomorrow or potentially Thursday for them to actually get to you, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gkallikas)
    Thanks not specifically, they just sent the generic rejection email, talking about the selection process and how competitive it is. But I still have other unis so I'll focus on those now!
    Oh god not the 'yeah sorry about that too many applicants too little spaces ok bye' letter, honestly I think those are pretty cruel in that they dress up the rejection as if they're really sorry about it when the interview selection process is literally done by a computer algorithm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawhopefu1)
    Letter. Rejections are posted at the same time as offers, so no news means absolutely nothing
    ahh okay thanks!!!

(Original post by cathyobrien98)
    They only posted the letters today, so it will take until tomorrow or potentially Thursday for them to actually get to you, good luck!
    gosh thats so scary - good luck to you as well! maybe we will see each other there haha!

(Original post by bulbawill)
    I believe for some other subjects they sent acceptances via email and rejections via post (if not an international student). Seems very old fashioned and redundant, especially as some of those rejected didn't find out straight away due to posting delay!
    yeah seems sort of old and also needlessly nerve wracking but whatever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chsdg)
    Hi there, i have applied to keble for CS and still havent had a reply.
    They have sent out the letters today for our subjects and so we should get a letter tomorrow or thursday for the answer.
    Just because they havent sent anything does not mean that they have rejected you!
    Both offers and Rejections are sent at the same time through the same means.
    Good Luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranayounis)
    Hey guys! Does anyone have an interview at Pembroke from 8-11 December?
    Me

I don't know how to prepare for this interview, does anyone have any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.