The Liverpool FC Thread XIV Watch

This discussion is closed.
Lúcio
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by trapking)
Bolasie to Everton will be such a good move! Him and Delafeou on the wings will do damage....damn.

Crystal Palace will get relegated so will West Brom.
12 goals in 132 apps for Palace...

I know the market is inflated but when you have Bolasie costing almost the same amount as Kante, you know you've messed up.
samir12
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Good to see more clubs joining Liverpool in overpaying for players now :P
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by samir12)
Good to see more clubs joining Liverpool in overpaying for players now :P
I don't think we've done that badly this summer in overpaying compared to other clubs.
Renaissance-Man
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)

I know the market is inflated but when you have Bolasie costing almost the same amount as Kante, you know you've messed up.
Doesn't matter, you should know by now that prices in today's football market do not really indicate a players quality so that point is obselete. At Palace he had a **** team that couldn't provide decent passes to him...at Everton he will have much better service and do more damage. Wait and see
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)

Yes Bolasie is a striker

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
Yes Bolasie is a striker

Posted from TSR Mobile
Isn't he more of a winger?

Point still stands!!
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Doesn't matter, you should know by now that prices in today's football market do not really indicate a players quality so that point is obselete. At Palace he had a **** team that couldn't provide decent passes to him...at Everton he will have much better service and do more damage. Wait and see
Well yeah, actual transfer value isn't always representative, but it "generally" is.

Kante is fast becoming a world class midfielder - is Bolasie anything near a world class attacker?
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
Isn't he more of a winger?

Point still stands!!
That's my point, it's one thing to dismiss a player based off lack of scoring when they're a striker, but when they're a winger it doesn't make much sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
mr tim
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Burton away in league cup R2. We were going to be away due to special dispersion for Anfield expansion
Renaissance-Man
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
Well yeah, actual transfer value isn't always representative, but it "generally" is.

Kante is fast becoming a world class midfielder - is Bolasie anything near a world class attacker?
Kante has only had 1 good season and you're already calling him world class....smfh

:facepalm2:
A Mysterious Lord
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mr tim)
Burton away in league cup R2. We were going to be away due to special dispersion for Anfield expansion
I did wonder about that, I'm on ACS with my seat in the upper tier, we're only two weeks away and it's not finished yet.
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Kante has only had 1 good season and you're already calling him world class....smfh

:facepalm2:
I said "fast becoming" a world class player you fool!!!

Also for what it's worth, Kante didn't have a "good" season, he was Leicester's most important player during the season and then he went to Euro 2016 and did the same for France.
Gob Bluth
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There not a LFC H2H league for FF this season? If there is, send me the code please.
mr tim
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Gob Bluth)
There not a LFC H2H league for FF this season? If there is, send me the code please.
H2H: 6056-26699
Classic 6056-2605

Season starting Sat. H2H will close then.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Who's going to win the title this season? I look at all the squads and the summer transfers so far and I'm not particularly impressed by anyone?

Man City - yes it's great that Guardiola has been brought in but they haven't added any players this summer which immediately improve their first XI. Lot of money on the likes of Stones and Sane but not that much experience there. Not sure if they will be able to rely on Gundogan and even someone like Nolito looks back-up rather than first choice. Yes Pep is a great manager but he will take some time. This is still the same squad with similar weaknesses which finished 4th last season even if there was a good CL run there. Can't see them running away with the title even if they underperformed last year

Man Utd - Mourinho is a winner and knows the league well. He's gone out and bought a new spine in Ibra, Mkhitaryan, Pogba and Bailley but I'm not convinced that is a £160mil improvement on the spine. The squad finished 5th last season and I'm not sure the squad is enough like a Mourinho squad for him to have a quick start. Mourinho's sides usually peak in their 2nd season so maybe this season has come too soon?

Leicester - done well to hold onto the Vardy and Mahrez so far and it looks like they are replacing Kante with another decent player. All the stars lined up for the last season with the form of Vardy and Mahrez never falling and the defence stepping up later in the season. Can't ignore how few injuries they had last season and less games since no Europe + not that well in cup competitions. Having overperformed last season, I'm not convinced by their business that they can follow it with another success.

Arsenal - same old consistent Arsenal in finishing top 4 and above Spurs but never quite pushing for the title. Another summer of not seeming to go for the jugular. Xhaka should do well but they are still lacking a star striker who leads a charge to the title. Injuries always an issue for Wenger and I'm not convinced he has the ability to get a squad with weaknesses to overperform? Always does a decent job but surely next season is the last chance for Wenger to make a real title challenge?

Spurs - the squad looks good on paper and Poch is doing well. The real issue will be whether mentally they can follow up from last season which was probably their best chance in years to win the title but then also the physical side of such a long season + so many key youngsters having played in a major international tournament. Can the likes of Kane and Alli really push another 50+ game season consistently at a high level? I don't think they have seriously addressed that weakness.

Chelsea - strange one since their squad didn't change loads in the last two seasons but they swung from title winners to being really bad. Only Batshuayi and Kante who have come in - does that address all their issues? However with no Europe, a smaller squad might not be an issue. Should be up there too.

Liverpool - the transfer business looks good from the inside but from an outside perspective I can see how people aren't that impressed. Have we shaken off that mentality and can Klopp finally improve the defence? Not that much star quality in the side either.
Fish40
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
Who's going to win the title this season? I look at all the squads and the summer transfers so far and I'm not particularly impressed by anyone?

Man City - yes it's great that Guardiola has been brought in but they haven't added any players this summer which immediately improve their first XI. Lot of money on the likes of Stones and Sane but not that much experience there. Not sure if they will be able to rely on Gundogan and even someone like Nolito looks back-up rather than first choice. Yes Pep is a great manager but he will take some time. This is still the same squad with similar weaknesses which finished 4th last season even if there was a good CL run there. Can't see them running away with the title even if they underperformed last year

Man Utd - Mourinho is a winner and knows the league well. He's gone out and bought a new spine in Ibra, Mkhitaryan, Pogba and Bailley but I'm not convinced that is a £160mil improvement on the spine. The squad finished 5th last season and I'm not sure the squad is enough like a Mourinho squad for him to have a quick start. Mourinho's sides usually peak in their 2nd season so maybe this season has come too soon?

Leicester - done well to hold onto the Vardy and Mahrez so far and it looks like they are replacing Kante with another decent player. All the stars lined up for the last season with the form of Vardy and Mahrez never falling and the defence stepping up later in the season. Can't ignore how few injuries they had last season and less games since no Europe + not that well in cup competitions. Having overperformed last season, I'm not convinced by their business that they can follow it with another success.

Arsenal - same old consistent Arsenal in finishing top 4 and above Spurs but never quite pushing for the title. Another summer of not seeming to go for the jugular. Xhaka should do well but they are still lacking a star striker who leads a charge to the title. Injuries always an issue for Wenger and I'm not convinced he has the ability to get a squad with weaknesses to overperform? Always does a decent job but surely next season is the last chance for Wenger to make a real title challenge?

Spurs - the squad looks good on paper and Poch is doing well. The real issue will be whether mentally they can follow up from last season which was probably their best chance in years to win the title but then also the physical side of such a long season + so many key youngsters having played in a major international tournament. Can the likes of Kane and Alli really push another 50+ game season consistently at a high level? I don't think they have seriously addressed that weakness.

Liverpool - the transfer business looks good from the inside but from an outside perspective I can see how people aren't that impressed. Have we shaken off that mentality and can Klopp finally improve the defence? Not that much star quality in the side either.
So who's going to win it? None of these teams impress you? Your just criticising all of them. You left out Chelsea too. And man utds team look good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zerforax
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fish40)
So who's going to win it? None of these teams impress you? Your just criticising all of them. You left out Chelsea too. And man utds team look good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good point about Chelsea - just added that.

Not sure. I can't see anyone running away with the title or getting close to 90 points. I guess any of these guys could win if they can get a half decent run together? You look at last season with only 81 points for the winner and 71-70 for 2nd/3rd places.
bj27
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm pretty sure Chelsea have two more big signings to make. Ideally we will buy a CB and a striker/winger but we could possibly go one player in one player out so could make up to 3 signings.

I don't think the lack of europe will affect Chelsea in any way with regards to signings either. The player profile of our targets are generally players who play for lesser teams in europes grand scale(Napoli/Sporting/Leicester) or don't have europe whatsoever(Everton).

Also Mourinho's a ****ing ******** for not putting in a buyback clause for Lukaku.
cBay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Here is my probably biased prediction for the season:

1st Tottenham
2nd Man City
3rd Leicester
4th Liverpool
5th Arsenal
6th Man Utd
7th Chelsea
8th Don't care, relegate the rest.
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by cBay)
Here is my probably biased prediction for the season:

1st Tottenham
2nd Man City
3rd Leicester
4th Liverpool
5th Arsenal
6th Man Utd
7th Chelsea
8th Don't care, relegate the rest.
Seriously doubt Spurs will have another terrific season, especially with the CL too. Same for Leicester - they were amazingly fortunate without injury last season but it won't happen again.

Chelsea and United have new managers but I think they'll do better than that - Chelsea were a well drilled defensive side largely under Mourinho so Conte will have the players to recreate his Italian-style football. Plus Mourinho at United with the players at their disposal is highly unlikely to finish below top 3.

I reckon it'll be something like:

1) Man City
2) Man United

3) Chelsea

4) Arsenal
5) Liverpool
6) Spurs

7) Leicester

8) West Ham
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.

Watched Threads