The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
Clearly I'm not too important then that people build up a picture in their minds.
How so?

(Original post by PetrosAC)
Exams went well apart from Maths Glad I'm not the youngest though
Ah well Maths can be a bit of a bugger.
Haha, that might feel a tad awkward.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
I think virtual alcohol is allowed. Speaking of which...
virtual? nah, was real
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How so?
Well I only really have some picture as to what I think some people are like - generally the people I work more closely with in the MHoC.

I tell you what we did do on the Year 13 thread, and would be interesting to do here, was record our voices reading out some generic passage and share it so we can hear what each other sound like.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
virtual? nah, was real
lol
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well I only really have some picture as to what I think some people are like - generally the people I work more closely with in the MHoC.

I tell you what we did do on the Year 13 thread, and would be interesting to do here, was record our voices reading out some generic passage and share it so we can hear what each other sound like.
no
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Yeah I guess I've inadvertently formed an image of some people too. Just happens I guess.

Sounds interesting but I think I'd rather preserve the mystery.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I guess I've inadvertently formed an image of some people too. Just happens I guess.

no
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Fair enough.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Fair enough.
no
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
no
You ok?
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You ok?
no
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
no
XD
username456717
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I form visual images of people over personality images.

I'm nearly always wrong; however on some occasions I've been quite close.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
your off the hook.

not me.

and ive offered to by you beer? what and ireponsinle **** i am.
Hahaha xD I mean, I'm obviously 18.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anon_98
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I forget that people have different accents as everything is read in my own, therefore if I was to ever hear the voice of someone I hadn't spoken to irl but just on here...it'd be an absolute shock.

After hearing it, it'd also be difficult reading their messages bc my personal reading voice would get interrupted with their recorded message voice. It'd be awful...my reading voice would try and read and take control but it'd be overpowered by this voice I'd just listened to that was reading a "generic passage".- Two voices at once trying to be dominant. Just awful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anon_98)
I forget that people have different accents as everything is read in my own, therefore if I was to ever hear the voice of someone I hadn't spoken to irl but just on here...it'd be an absolute shock.

After hearing it, it'd also be difficult reading their messages bc my personal reading voice would get interrupted with their recorded message voice. It'd be awful...my reading voice would try and read and take control but it'd be overpowered by this voice I'd just listened to that was reading a "generic passage".- Two voices at once trying to be dominant. Just awful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think with some users we can have an idea what they sound like, at least a bit. For example, we know some are Scottish or Irish, so there will be some refinement there. I imagine there will also be some thought on how people sound, whether it be accent or pitch or whatever else from the way they write and what they say.
Anon_98
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
I think with some users we can have an idea what they sound like, at least a bit. For example, we know some are Scottish or Irish, so there will be some refinement there. I imagine there will also be some thought on how people sound, whether it be accent or pitch or whatever else from the way they write and what they say.
Hmmm..ahh right okay. Yes, I guess you're right about that.

Whhaaa - pitch? How is that identifiable?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anon_98)
Hmmm..ahh right okay. Yes, I guess you're right about that.

Whhaaa - pitch? How is that identifiable?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not with any accuracy, of course, but with some people I get almost certainly wrong preconceptions of pitch, normally because they make themselves seem young or particularly effeminate.
Anon_98
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not with any accuracy, of course, but with some people I get almost certainly wrong preconceptions of pitch, normally because they make themselves seem young or particularly effeminate.
Bahahahaha oh gawd, hmmm I see. :giggle:
Well thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Who's effeminate in your mind?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (144)
60.25%
No I haven't decided yet (54)
22.59%
Yes but I might change my mind (41)
17.15%

Watched Threads