Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    sorry guys, been so busy, I'm still down for the draft if we still have a space?

I've also done a 20man league with my American football team mates (yeah I play it too!), and that is bloody tough to draft in.

Here is my team :

Attachment 321047

I feel I did well, considering it was a 20 man league and it got difficult after round 5/6 lol.

What do you guys think of my team?

My flex did my head in this week, I have decided to go with Hawkins from the Browns at Flex instead of Miller, purely because fins don't have a pure starter and he'll be swapping shift wise, and I feel Randle may not do as well as Hawkins. Reasoning for Hawkins is the Browns depth is low at WR and he is, atm, their main man for WR so I expect him to make some plays.

I even think the Browns could win there week 1 game for a change.
    We have 1 spot left and we are drafting next wednesday and starting from week 2, the link is either on the last page or the page before so join up pal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    Not bad given the massive league. I'd have wanted a deep sleeper WR rather than a 2nd TE but who knows, in a league that big all of my guys might have been gone!
    It was tough going. I left my Kicker and D right until my last picks so I could concentrate on my squad. Well my main thing was to ensure Bye weeks didn't clash and I got players who I felt would get game time. I feel Freeman could be a surprise this year, especially having watched him on hard knocks too.

I was also glad I got a decent enough back up QB lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    Is Bortles starting at QB? Cos he looked swag in the pre-season game vs tampa.
    Forgot to answer this. No, not week 1, still 'When he's ready'

0130 kickoffs take so long to arrive. What can you even do at midnight except wait quietly?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cant_think_of_name)
    Fiiine! I'll go with Eli throwing more INTs than Peyton throws TDs.
    MJD takes Comeback Player of the Year
    Tebow is on a roster by the end of the year (I vote the Bills)

Gerald McCoy takes DPOY and LeSean McCoy takes OPOY.. not that bold really but that would amuse me
    Let's go for...

Bengals achieve a first-round playoff bye, and are the only team out of the AFC North (wildcards are Chargers and a team from the AFC South).
    Lacy finishes with most rushing yards.
    Redskins finish with the worst record in the NFC again. And RGIII starts fewer than 12 games.
    The NFC East wins 25 or fewer games between them. And given there are 12 inter-division games...

ReputationRep:
    Ravens fan checking in.

ReputationRep:
    Earl Thomas' Y button is totally broken

ReputationRep:
    I'm really hungry but I don't want to move, hurry up Packers and get to half time

ReputationRep:
    I'm really hungry but I don't want to move, hurry up Packers and get to half time
    Hahaha, I'm properly starting to flag now, I've been awake for 20 hours and I'm well out of practice, I'm currently reaching for chocolate bars and Coca Cola, I think I now understand why so many Yanks are obese; football and snacks are just inseparable entities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    Hahaha, I'm properly starting to flag now, I've been awake for 20 hours and I'm well out of practice, I'm currently reaching for chocolate bars and Coca Cola, I think I now understand why so many Yanks are obese; football and snacks are just inseparable entities.
    I had a tactical nap this afternoon so I'm not doing too badly atm, now I've had some Coco Pops too now, but I am still getting tired... worth it though if the 'Hawks win.

ReputationRep:
    I had a tactical nap this afternoon so I'm not doing too badly atm, now I've had some Coco Pops too now, but I am still getting tired... worth it though if the 'Hawks win.
    I just want to see a good game, haven't been disappointed really. That read option fake TD pass was pretty awesome. Rodgers O-Line is pretty horrible looking though. Eddie Lacy can't move the ball with regularity on the back of them and Rodgers has got sat down far too many times against a team that doesn't really have an outstanding front 7. The Jets are next up and their guys are going to have a field day with this O-Line, the Jets might even be able to win if Geno can do the business. I'm also sure I saw better tackling in the Pro Bowl than I've seen from some of Green Bay's defensive unit.

I lied, this game hasn't been good it was good in the 1st half but since then Green Bay have been guff, they just keep ****ing up at vital times. Derek Coleman just scored a TD on them for Christ sakes, not a par on Coleman but he shouldn't be scoring uncontested passing touchdowns at any point ever, They gave up a first down on every jet sweep and then on the jet sweep fake they leave a hole that I, a **** driver who hasn't passed his test, could have drove a bus through without any effort.

Sharrod now looking injured?! My 115 pound self will be on this depth chart by week 3 if this rate of injury keeps up!

Do tell me if I'm just being grumpy though, this 22 hours awake malarkey might well do that to you

ReputationRep:
    GB got shown up a lot, especially with there run defense. Was it just me, or did NO GB defensive player actually want to tackle Lynch? I swear they were playing in fear of him last night!

Also, Sherrod was awful on the GB's O-Line, he was the reason Rodgers got sacked twice I believe.

ReputationRep:
    Lynch and Harvin take 33 points between them in fantasy. Took Lynch at #10. They said he was falling off.....

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was Lynch's down year! I now have no idea why, he's running hard as ever, I would like to see him against a team that can tackle though. Week 7 and 8 against the Rams and Panthers are probably going to be his sternest tests all season because the schedule looks like it's pitted them against more teams with good offense and pass defense units than scary run defense.

ReputationRep:
    Well.

That was fun.

Although staying up until 5am and having a filling the next day complete with two injections and a whole lot of agony... probably not the best foresight.

Britt struggled a bit on a few plays (although did better when Miller was brought in to help) but barring that, dang that O-Line was looking good. And I have never once said this as a Hawks fan... I feel all tingly.

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe I took Lacy over Lynch at #5 in my draft. At least I had Harvin...

ReputationRep:
    Seahawks dismantled the Packers. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    College football today... I have no knowledge, where's the good games at? All I know is that Penn State are going to dismantle Akron, the Crimson tide will roll over Florida Atlantic, Missouri will probably beat Toledo, with Oklahoma it's a case of how many rather than if against Tulsa. Where are the competitive fixtures, I watched one mediocre blowout this week, I have no desire to see another one.

I think I've just found my college team! Arkansas State Red Wolves play some of the most ridiculous football I've ever witnessed. They've played a fake extra point, a double pass and a surprise onside kick all in one game!

ReputationRep:
    Who to start in fantasy this weekend - Rivers, Ryan or McCown?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Who to start in fantasy this weekend - Rivers, Ryan or McCown?
    I've got Rivers, Ryan and Romo on one of my fantasy teams...and I'm starting Rivers. Chargers seem legit contenders for the AFC-West this year, and Rivers does well with the high effeciency, 5-10 yards. Even though he's facing the Cardinals, I'm expecting about 200 yards and two touchdowns for him in the game. I do have Ryan in for A-Rod this week, in my other team however. Ryan should put in a good performance (maybe about 300 yards and 2 td) although the saints have a strong defense. But...if Julio Jones and Roddy White are healthy, he should put up good stats. McCown on the other hand...it's too early to tell really with that Tampa offense.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone seen the Spartans @ Ducks college football snapchat story? It looked awesome. Remind me if my UK Law career doesn't work out to move to America and get in on some of that cheerleader action!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.