Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i thought we only get half the normal minimum SFE maintenance loan? + NHS means tested

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    Oh I see. I am less inclined to rage out over it as I only get the base amount anyway. I was under the impression that the non-means tested component went down too.
    It does go down
    I think about halved
    As for the review it was done to follow the increased fees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lantana)
    :jumphug:
    Thankyou i needed hugs!
    Im still puking my guts up though and im still trying to rank jobs at the same time - im up to number 20, im never going to get it all done at this rate. I might just get to 200 and give up
    Bugger - now it says service unavaliable - even though e-mail says it doesnt close until 23.59.59!!

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone get access to this article please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    No access here. Out of interest as an external intercalater do you get access to both your original university's and BLs online resources?

I assume you do, so not sure why I looked...

ReputationRep:
    No access here. Out of interest as an external intercalater do you get access to both your original university's and BLs online resources?

I assume you do, so not sure why I looked...
    I only have access via BL/QM. My old Uni revoked my access cos I'm not enrolled as a student there anymore - it would cost me £100 to get my access back. All I got to keep was my email, which is a pain cos I still get Uni emails but can't access any of the attachments which is where the actual info usually is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Starting to get an annoying number of spam texts despite being incredibly scrupulous about who I hand my number out to. Any suggestions as to what I can do other than report them to O2? Always from different numbers. I assume it is just mass spamming to randomly generated numbers which I can't really do anything about.

Edit: Oh and in other news - practiced taking histories from real patients today. Was pretty cool.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...artphones.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    I do! But I don't know how to share :-/

ReputationRep:
    If you get the base student loan normally, you will get only 2000 pounds a year from 5th year onwards (with NHS paying your fees).

It's bull**** and a massive struggle. My load payment at the start of this term was 300 pounds!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edcourageous)
    If you get the base student loan normally, you will get only 2000 pounds a year from 5th year onwards (with NHS paying your fees).

It's bull**** and a massive struggle. My load payment at the start of this term was 300 pounds!!!
    Is that from the NHS you mean?

Everyone is entitled to the non income-assesed loan from Student Finance (£3263 in london , Less elsewhere)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DexterM)
    I do! But I don't know how to share :-/
    You email it to the person asking for it. Get email via PM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)

Everyone is entitled to the non income-assesed loan from Student Finance (£3263 in london , Less elsewhere)
    Non-income assessed loan from SLC is a notch under 5k in London assuming you're living away from home.

ReputationRep:
    Non-income assessed loan from SLC is a notch under 5k in London assuming you're living away from home.
    I'm talking in 5th and 6th year... it's at a 50% rate.

Unless I'm wrong - someone feel free to correct me?

ReputationRep:

No student loans company. I don't get anything from the NHS maintenance wise.

ReputationRep:
    I'm talking in 5th and 6th year... it's at a 50% rate.

Unless I'm wrong - someone feel free to correct me?
    If it's a 50% rate then I would be getting ~2.45k. I get ~4900 at the moment and that's the non-means tested component as I didn't even bother to apply for the means tested part.

ReputationRep:
    Ok I'm confused now - is anyone else here in their 5th or 6th year and in receipt of an NHS bursary?

ReputationRep:
    Ok I'm confused now - is anyone else here in their 5th or 6th year and in receipt of an NHS bursary?
    Received it last year. I wasn't eligible for anything from the NHS bursary apart from my fees being paid but because I was getting that, SLC would only let me have 50% of the maintenance loan. Living off that much only worked because I lived with my bf and was able to reduce how much rent I paid for the last 2 years (year 4 because I was putting aside a set amount from it per month so I could keep paying the same in year 5)

ReputationRep:
    I'm a gem in my 3rd year so I've been dealing with the NHS bursary thing for a couple of years. Thankfully I'm eligible for the full NHS bursary, which is £4600 ish and my reduced rate maintenance loan comes to £2324. This works out better for me than in my first year.

But I have friends who aren't so lucky, who only get the £2324 loan, they have to rely on parents or jobs (or both) to help out. One person in my year struggled for months because her parents weren't able to help, so she got married to her boyfriend so that she would receive the full NHS bursary (she was planning on getting married anyway but her situation sped things up).

Hope that helps a bit.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    OSCE tomorrow... :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    OSCE tomorrow... :afraid:
    What are the possible stations? Good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.