Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Kondogbia has a £18m release clause I think, its something around there anyway

ReputationRep:
    The rumour mill will go into overdrive after Saturday's loss. And the sad thing is, some fans will genuinely fall for the hype - magnifying their frustrations. If the media keep reporting small rejected bids we keep seem to be placing, no wonder some of the more emotional and fickle fans will get agitated. Out of the blue, low bid, for a player that isn't our first priority and who we haven't even heard mentioned this summer - makes no sense.

ReputationRep:
    There have been a fair few transfers this year Arsenal could have made, without being world class at the moment that would have been good signings. Wanyama and Osvaldo are just two. Somethings wrong when Southampton are more ambitious in the transfer market than you.

Also feel that you need more players that care about the club too. Wilshere's the only one at times who seems to give a flying ****.

Take the 3rd goal v Villa for example. Walcott took the corner, ball comes back over towards his direction, but instead of trying to win possesion about 5 yards away from him he just watches and jogs over. Meanwhile Wilshere's screaming for him to get on with it. Then Villa play it forward and when there are no defenders there he sprints back to try and make a tackle. I know he didn't manage to make it but his determination needs to be admired, and should stand as an example of what a player at a club the calibre of Arsenal should be doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Kondogbia has a £18m release clause I think, its something around there anyway
    If so, why hasn't this been activated yet. Not just by us but by many other teams. Same thing with Fellaini.

This summer has been a really strange summer in term transfers and decisions clubs are making.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Because that's when his clause expired................
    Yeah, I said that. My question was, if his release clause expiring is supposed to push his price up, why have United reportedly come in with an lower bid?

In fact, we may never have even bid for Fellaini at all this summer, which is why his clause expired without anyone triggering it. Martinez had said Everton hadn't received any bids for Fellaini when he confirmed his release clause had expired.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    If so, why hasn't this been activated yet. Not just by us but by many other teams. Same thing with Fellaini.

This summer has been a really strange summer in term transfers and decisions clubs are making.
    Not a clue, just had a quick google and its 20m Euro's and various papers have quotes from the Sevilla president. Lots of things this window make very little sense, im absolutely sick of it and just want it to be over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    Yeah, I said that. My question was, if his release clause expiring is supposed to push his price up, why have United reportedly come in with an lower bid?
    Jewdem init

ReputationRep:
    Incompetence.

ReputationRep:
    Presumably cos back then Moyes thought he was gonna get Cesc, and didn't want both. So the real question is, why did he actually believe cesc would go to united???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Jewdem init
    OK

Incompetence.
    On our part maybe (if we were actually ever interested). With you though, at least you could say you were looking to add to your midfield in other ways via bids for Cesc and Thiago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    Presumably cos back then Moyes thought he was gonna get Cesc, and didn't want both. So the real question is, why did he actually believe cesc would go to united???
    Cos no-one be rejecting that smooth silky Scottish accent...

Spoiler:
    Show

Been giving Cesc sleepless nights..

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:

On our part maybe (if we were actually ever interested). With you though, at least you could say you were looking to add to your midfield in other ways via bids for Cesc and Thiago.
    The only possible word for submitting a bid that was immediately rejected then going back about two months later with an identical bid, and starting to negotiate with a club three weeks after a buyout clause expires is incompetent.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger's next bid will be an ultimatum of £10m and £1 for Cabaye. Once that's rejected, it will be the usual 'we worked for 24 hours but no one was available'. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    The only possible word for submitting a bid that was immediately rejected then going back about two months later with an identical bid, and starting to negotiate with a club three weeks after a buyout clause expires is incompetent.
    Or Moyes probably knows something we don't :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Or Moyes probably knows something we don't :beard:
    Seeing as these bids were not only rejected but prompted an angry statement from Everton, I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nwakaeme)
    fact of the matter is, when arsenal are in shambles everyone thinks they're the manager

arsenalfantv is a joke

fat steve the mechanic is entitled to an opinion but he comes across as an aggressive ****, its borderline frieghtening for other people living in London like myself

fat yob probably claiming dole and in the pup as I write this
    You seem to be judging him on his appearance rather than what he is saying. Why do you find him frightening? Do you ever leave the house?

ReputationRep:
    Gosh I hope the Paul Pogba rumour is true, he's just what we need a beast just in front of the defence, no doubt we would need to bid more than £20m though. It'd be decent to sign Cabaye too, but he's a bit of a poor man's Jack Wilshere, similar terrier figure in the middle of the park. Not really needed as we have plenty of attacking mid-fielders and we need to strengthen in more important positions, like a marquee striker, DM and a centre half.

ReputationRep:
    Pogba would be dreamland. Throw enough money at Juventus and there is a chance but does anyone really believe we're going to do that?

ReputationRep:
    £10m bid for Cabaye.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23758350

:rofl:

Hilarious this is. He is not what we need and neither is he good enough.

Besides Newcastle want £30m for Cabaye

This is what its come to clubs like Newcastle, ****ing Newcastle taking the piss out of us.

The club is rotten to the ****ing core

ReputationRep:
    http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...r-8774591.html

So we're already up to £47m for Williams, Michu and Cabaye......just 2 more weeks of panicking to go before the deals get closed out at around £60m in total

And all three of them are just squad players at best

ONE ARSENE WENGER........THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

Ask yourselves - £80m for two world class strikers.......£60m for three Joe Average no-marks. The Wenger school of economics

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.