Starts at 9pm
    Looks like fun:lol:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Be quiet old man, go listen to your mix tapes

It is sad
    I don't think there is a single poster remaining who was here when I started.

Oh, actually Birchington is still here - so there is one.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    Looks like fun:lol:
    Sure does!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    I stumbled into the Labour DLship very early too - have enjoyed it hugely. Hope I was a good DL - that said, hope I am a good Leader.
    It was good fun, I must say. I was only DL for a short while, though. It was unfortunate, but last year was one of those years that I am glad is in the past. Guess it happens. Perhaps once day I will stand again, as I am not planning on leaving again in the foreseeable future.

And, I do think that you're a good Leader - certainly look it from an outside perspective.

(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    We realised not many people are willing to write bills so we formed a production line to make sure our ideas become a reality. Once one bill has been written it is easier to write the next as you already have the template.
    It would be nice if more people were willing to write bills. I am sure that the Greens will get fed up of Aph and Kit bills and motions, and so might the House . I have several that I am tweaking before release. Hope practice makes perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittiara)
    It was good fun, I must say. I was only DL for a short while, though. It was unfortunate, but last year was one of those years that I am glad is in the past. Guess it happens. Perhaps once day I will stand again, as I am not planning on leaving again in the foreseeable future.

And, I do think that you're a good Leader - certainly look it from an outside perspective.

It would be nice if more people were willing to write bills. I am sure that the Greens will get fed up of Aph and Kit bills and motions, and so might the House . I have several that I am tweaking before release. Hope practice makes perfect.
    Not letting anything go:wink2:

Nahhh they love our stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    So lots of liberal speakers?

In not that big in the government:lol: I'm not even a secutary of state.
    Leader or foreign secretary is where its at. If you have a willing party leader (the left have never liked links) then you can be the Mhoc rep in the MUN which opens the possibility of treaties, plus you have a lot more freedom in making statements that don't need parliamentary approval via motions and bills.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Leader or foreign secretary is where its at. If you have a willing party leader (the left have never liked links) then you can be the Mhoc rep in the MUN which opens the possibility of treaties, plus you have a lot more freedom in making statements that don't need parliamentary approval via motions and bills.
    I have been looking at interfacing with the MUN and becoming foreign sec:yep:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    I just read the last few pages and it saddens me to see people not knowing who Dayne is. I am pretty sure he is the only person with more posts in the MHoC than me.
    Dayne was an institution here for a few years. I feel old now knowing people have no memory of him.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, surely that's the speediest ascension! I occasionally read posts from that era and its like a whole different dynamic - even though it wasn't all that long ago.
    Helps when the party is close to collapse. I joined during the Tory-libertarian government that was pretty active so had to wait a good 6 months before the party went into freefall. It was at that time that I made a name for myself (along with Jarred and tehFrance) but I got kudos points for being the one to strike down the leader.

I just read the last few pages and it saddens me to see people not knowing who Dayne is. I am pretty sure he is the only person with more posts in the MHoC than me.
    Great guy, another pragmatist of the left.

I imagine I've beat you by now.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Kittiara)

Cheers!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Birchington)
    Dayne was an institution here for a few years. I feel old now knowing people have no memory of him.
    I have no idea who the vast majority of the people here are to be honest. Things move on, but it is sad to think that there is a whole new generation now with no understanding of what preceded them. My fondest memories are probably from the time when me, Simon, Drogue and Adorno basically constitued 95% of the activity in the house. Still - if this place can be as vibrant as it once was then I am all for it.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    So lots of liberal speakers?
    We make the best Speakers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Helps when the party is close to collapse. I joined during the Tory-libertarian government that was pretty active so had to wait a good 6 months before the party went into freefall. It was at that time that I made a name for myself (along with Jarred and tehFrance) but I got kudos points for being the one to strike down the leader.

Great guy, another pragmatist of the left.

I imagine I've beat you by now.
    Possibly. You can check: go to your profile and then "find all posts" and it will be on the left.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :hand:

Metro was by far the best of all time IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Only because you are more politically neutral
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I have no idea who the vast majority of the people here are to be honest. Things move on, but it is sad to think that there is a whole new generation now with no understanding of what preceded them. My fondest memories are probably from the time when me, Simon, Drogue and Adorno basically constitued 95% of the activity in the house. Still - if this place can be as vibrant as it once was then I am all for it.
    Some greatly missed people there. The House has changed with a new generation but there are a lot of interesting newbies. Your contributions have laid strong foundations for whatever comes next.

Metro was by far the best of all time IMO.
    Agreed, Metro is the stand out Speaker of my time here. (Jarred being a close second)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Some greatly missed people there. The House has changed with a new generation but there are a lot of interesting newbies. Your contributions have laid strong foundations for whatever comes next.

Agreed, Metro is the stand out Speaker of my time here. (Jarred being a close second)
    I'm sure there are. I still remember when I first started posting here all those years ago. I'm glad this place still exists - I will genuinely be sad when TSR eventually finds some excuse to change it.

ReputationRep:
    That was slightly too dramatisized but still quite good.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    That was slightly too dramatisized but still quite good.
    Aye - quite kind on UKIP I thought.

ReputationRep:
    Aye - quite kind on UKIP I thought.
    But that 51% majority:lol:

Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.