Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    Just back from watching the Hobbit and all I can say is wow. What a film. I cried, I can't lie.
    Why is there so many films :confused:

The book ain't exactly long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    Just back from watching the Hobbit and all I can say is wow. What a film. I cried, I can't lie.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ehh, thought it would be better
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Why is there so many films :confused:

The book ain't exactly long.
    £££/€€€/$$$

Delete as appropriate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Best driving song on GTA is Richard Spaven 1759.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Ehh, thought it would be better
    IT WAS EMOTIONAL OKAY

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Best driving song on GTA is Richard Spaven 1759.
    Is GTA 5 worth getting? Looks good on PS4.

Not played 5, and don't remember the songs from 4, but did you ever play GTA3 on PS2? The songs on that were just next level. I remember "Lips 106", the songs were fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    Yes because it's sick, and no because you'll fail uni....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    GTA5 isnt even that addictive

shagging hookers then driving them to the top of Mount Chilliad and cutting them into 50 pieces isnt even that fun.

ReputationRep:
    Last call for IceJJFish aka fklw. Unblock me on kik or the meme gets posted on here and Leeds uni Facebook group. You have one hour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesR12)
    Last call for IceJJFish aka fklw. Unblock me on kik or the meme gets posted on here and Leeds uni Facebook group. You have one hour
    Rofl

Pls don't unblock

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    GTA5 isnt even that addictive

shagging hookers then driving them to the top of Mount Chilliad and cutting them into 50 pieces isnt even that fun.

I think you need counselling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I think you need counselling
    gotta get that money back brah

ReputationRep:
    LOL. Yes. GTA4 was **** but they took it back to what works. Los Santos. Just driving around the desert and in the proper western landscapes is a pleasure. The storyline is excellent and there are no real faults. I clocked it on PS3 but on PS4 I'd imagine it'd be even better. Trevor is a real skid mark on the pants of society but he's the best character. So much humour in it as well. Just buy it.

I'm hoping for either a Vice City revisit for 6 or something completely new altogether. London maybe.

Not played 5, and don't remember the songs from 4, but did you ever play GTA3 on PS2? The songs on that were just next level. I remember "Lips 106", the songs were fantastic!
    Yeah. Royce Da 5'9'' "I'm the King". Got it on my PS2 may give it another play over Christmas but I've got The Last of Us still in it's wrapper which i'm not playing yet cos I've got loads of work to do, don't wanna get addicted tbh.

ReputationRep:
    LOL. Yes. GTA4 was **** but they took it back to what works. Los Santos. Just driving around the desert and in the proper western landscapes is a pleasure. The storyline is excellent and there are no real faults. I clocked it on PS3 but on PS4 I'd imagine it'd be even better. Trevor is a real skid mark on the pants of society but he's the best character. So much humour in it as well. Just buy it.

I'm hoping for either a Vice City revisit for 6 or something completely new altogether. London maybe.

Yeah. Royce Da 5'9'' "I'm the King". Got it on my PS2 may give it another play over Christmas but I've got The Last of Us still in it's wrapper which i'm not playing yet cos I've got loads of work to do, don't wanna get addicted tbh.
    A harsh critique of GTA4. I kind of liked it, I liked the whole storyline with Michelle and I liked taking her on dates and things, but you are right in terms of it wasn't addictive like GTA3 and Vice City. There was never a desire to go back and keep playing it for me, same with San Andreas I got a bit bored of that. I think GTA3 and Vice City are the best two games.

Vice City is incredible isn't it, it's just got everything. Plus Scarface is one of my favourite films, but I didn't see it until after completing Vice City, you can see all the similarities. A new Vice City would be excellent wouldn't it.

I liked "Push it to the limit" and "joyride" from GTA3.

Did you ever play that game the Getaway on PS2, that was similar and set in London. I felt they were quite good, storyline wise etc, but the driving was never as smooth. Same with Saint's Row on Xbox, it never quite had the GTA magic for me. I'm wondering if Watch Dogs is worth a shot.

I think in May when I finish this degree I'll just buy a PS4, Fifa, GTA...not sure what else. Is the Last of Us good, what is it about? I'm not sure I enjoy those games, with COD I found the one player just so boring and dull, I didn't like the lack of freedom in it. I thought about that Wolfenstein game with the Nazi Robots, and also that new Farcry game looks good, but I've not played any of the older ones for either of those.

What else do you play Wilf? I'm really old school, I love Worms! The 2D one, I just love the tension playing it with mates. I really like Mario Kart 8 on WiiU as well!

By the way, that Birmingham City aren't a bad side are they, ha!

ReputationRep:
    Vice City is incredible isn't it, it's just got everything. Plus Scarface is one of my favourite films, but I didn't see it until after completing Vice City, you can see all the similarities. A new Vice City would be excellent wouldn't it.
    VC was unreal when it came out, I think it came out within 11 months of GTA3. Can't remember two games of such quality coming out that quickly.

Did you ever play that game the Getaway on PS2, that was similar and set in London. I felt they were quite good, storyline wise etc, but the driving was never as smooth. Same with Saint's Row on Xbox, it never quite had the GTA magic for me. I'm wondering if Watch Dogs is worth a shot.
    Na, one of the PSX GTA games was set in London but it was crap, that was back when you still played with the bird's eye view.

I played True Crime on the Gamecube but felt the same as you do wrt Saint's Row.

I think in May when I finish this degree I'll just buy a PS4, Fifa, GTA...not sure what else. Is the Last of Us good, what is it about? I'm not sure I enjoy those games, with COD I found the one player just so boring and dull, I didn't like the lack of freedom in it. I thought about that Wolfenstein game with the Nazi Robots, and also that new Farcry game looks good, but I've not played any of the older ones for either of those.
    TLOU is basically the game of this generation on PS3. Check reviews, it's the highest rated on nearly every site I've seen. It's not a COD type game btw.

What else do you play Wilf? I'm really old school, I love Worms! The 2D one, I just love the tension playing it with mates. I really like Mario Kart 8 on WiiU as well!
    Well my absolute favourite game is MGS. 3, 2, 1, 4 in that order but all of them are 9.5/10 games at least. MGS3 blew my head off when I played it (in 2012, didn't play games from 2004-2012 and I bought the HD Collection on PS3). Best game I've ever played for sure.

I think you can buy all the MGS games on PS3 now for £20. Bargain.

By the way, that Birmingham City aren't a bad side are they, ha!
    Fluke.

1-0 Baggies.

ReputationRep:
    didn't play games from 2004-2012
    interasting.

y not?

ReputationRep:
    VC was unreal when it came out, I think it came out within 11 months of GTA3. Can't remember two games of such quality coming out that quickly.
    Running home from school to play the new GTA, great memories.

Na, one of the PSX GTA games was set in London but it was crap, that was back when you still played with the bird's eye view.

I played True Crime on the Gamecube but felt the same as you do wrt Saint's Row.
    Yes you are correct sorry. That was GTA London, which was in between GTA1 and GTA2, I remember it being particularly annoying because you had to put the GTA1 disc in every time you wanted to play it. I always remember the black cabs, and it also had the song 'the Liquidator' (the song they play at Stamford Bridge before each game) on the game.

I think GTA3 is my favourite ever game, I just loved the Mafia and Sentinel cars and the mission when you had to eliminate Salvatore. Would say Zelda Ocarina of Time would be close also.

TLOU is basically the game of this generation on PS3. Check reviews, it's the highest rated on nearly every site I've seen. It's not a COD type game btw.
    Reading now...people on Amazon are saying its the game they've waited for for 15 years, might have to buy it.

Well my absolute favourite game is MGS. 3, 2, 1, 4 in that order but all of them are 9.5/10 games at least. MGS3 blew my head off when I played it (in 2012, didn't play games from 2004-2012 and I bought the HD Collection on PS3). Best game I've ever played for sure.

I think you can buy all the MGS games on PS3 now for £20. Bargain.
    Interesting. I never got Metal Gear Solid. I played a couple of them but they were never my sort of thing. Same with Splinter Cell. Were very popular in school though, everyone had I think MGS3.

You got uni work to do Wilf? How do you find the time. I've done one paragraph all day, I'm such a procrastinator man...

ReputationRep:
    The last of us is a great game story wise but if we're talking about gameplay I wouldn't call it the best. Naughty dog are an amazing publisher though, never step a foot wrong with their games (Crash Bandicoot, Uncharted series)

The best GTA of it's time was definately San Andreas. GTAIV was a good game. The game it's self was far from "****" but it didn't really fit in the GTA series I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    interasting.

y not?
    Well when I was younger my family couldn't really afford it, I've got a sister as well btw. Had no real interest through the PS3 era when I started working but bought a PS3 specifically to play MGS HD Collection & MGS4.

Interesting. I never got Metal Gear Solid. I played a couple of them but they were never my sort of thing. Same with Splinter Cell. Were very popular in school though, everyone had I think MGS3.
    Heathen!

It's like the smartest game ever. The way you have to actually check the back of the case in MGS1 for the codec frequency. Unreal game. Not even a game really more like a series of Bond films or something.

ReputationRep:
    Metal gear solid 2 was probably one of my favourites of the series. I didn't really spend enough time on 4 or snake eater though. I should go back and visit them along with peacewalker.

Also doesn't this get you pumped up

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.