Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an interview for history at queens?? Would be good to know someone 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Spartan)
    Hi there, i have applied to keble for CS and still havent had a reply.
    They have sent out the letters today for our subjects and so we should get a letter tomorrow or thursday for the answer.
    Just because they havent sent anything does not mean that they have rejected you!
    Both offers and Rejections are sent at the same time through the same means.
    Good Luck!!
    ahh okay good to know
    same to you!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah and one more thing: has anyone from keble got letters telling them they were shortlisted???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovecake123)
    people with medicine interviews, please could you post your stats
    Got an interview for medicine at Balliol and LMH

GCSEs: 11A*s 1A
    AS: AAAABB
    A2 predictions: A*A*AA
    BMAT: 6.5, 4.7, 3.5A

Absolutely ecstatic!!. I'm there 13th/14th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haziq17)
    I still haven't heard back from Lady Margaret for Maths, has anyone else?
    I'm waiting for exactly the same thing as you!

ReputationRep:
    And me...so maybe they haven't reply for mathematics applicants yet?
    (Original post by Kafffff)
    I'm waiting for exactly the same thing as you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBilboBaggins)
    Okay, so what are other people doing about dress? I know there's no 'code', but I just wondered if people were gonna be dressing casually throughout the day and then changing into interview clothes when their time comes, or whether you're not gonna bother with that and are just gonna go in the same clothes as you're wearing in general. Not a huge issue, just wondering.
    I'm planning to wear a suit (without a tie) and a jumper and then will probably change after interviews

ReputationRep:
    Interview at St. Peter's for Spanish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sallyyan22)
    And me...so maybe they haven't reply for mathematics applicants yet?
    I guess so, and check out the weblink http://www.lmh.ox.ac.uk/prospective-...n-Updates.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gkallikas)
    Yes it's truly a marvelous time for everyone concerned. I can't really expect them to handwrite me a letter through considering how they rejected over a thousand medicine applicants preinterview. Anyway, good luck! Hope you succeed! It's about a one in three chance for you now I think which is a step up!
    Yeah I know what you mean, but it just seems a bit cruel to do it like that :/
    Well whatever, thanks a lot man, and don't worry I'll try my best to get a place

ReputationRep:
    Anyone interviewing for Chinese or Japanese?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bulbawill)
    I believe for some other subjects they sent acceptances via email and rejections via post (if not an international student). Seems very old fashioned and redundant, especially as some of those rejected didn't find out straight away due to posting delay!
    Especially since it is considerably more expensive these days to send by post than by email. I wonder if they know ... ?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody who applied to biomedical science, what was the subject of the email? I applied with an open application and am anxiously waiting for the answer, which will probably be negative.

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't heard for Maths...

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview invitation today for medicine at Somerville and St Anne's

I'm super nervous and excited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pars12)
    Especially since it is considerably more expensive these days to send by post than by email. I wonder if they know ... ?
    I thik they pre purchase the envelopes or whatever they use at a discounted price. So, it is much cheaper than what you would buy. Your application fee prob pays for that quite well :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureOxford3)
    I thik they pre purchase the envelopes or whatever they use at a discounted price. So, it is much cheaper than what you would buy. Your application fee prob pays for that quite well :P
    There is a famous story of a company that bought three warehouses full of carbon paper at a ridiculously low price. Two or three years before the wordprocessor arrived.

You probably don't even know what carbon paper is.

lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureOxford3)
    The application fee is paid to UCAS not Oxford, but the colleges definitely have enough money to pay for postage if they want to!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyfff)
    I have interviews at St Peter's and LMH for engineering science but thought the PAT went really badly. Anyone else there 14th Dec for eng sci?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not for engineering science but am at st. peters for chemistry at the same time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pars12)
    There is a famous story of a company that bought three warehouses full of carbon paper at a ridiculously low price. Two or three years before the wordprocessor arrived.

You probably don't even know what carbon paper is.

lol
    Carbon paper is still used in banks around the world , the company can just sell them to the banks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.