Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    omg you actually got my tumblr reference!! You’re actually the best!!!! Haha oh god your imagination!! Haha!!

maybe i’m not so magical then :cry2:
    No u

Of course, I'm a hardcore 9gagger and tumblr user xD

My imagination transcends every dimension of creative insight known to man.

Yes, you are, since you're able to tolerate the Hodor :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Off to do a bit of cleaning. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just relaxing atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amellia123)
    Ikr! Tell me about it!
    Yeah, and awwww :hugs: The holidays went so quickly!

Omg really? Aww haha Ahh I see :ahee: Well I hope it is going well Ahh good!! Hahaha not quite 'tis a major golf comp for pros all over the world - you have to be invited to play!
    Haha yeah Thanks Same for you woahhh! :eek: I didn't get my invite... (:rofl:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah Thanks Same for you woahhh! :eek: I didn't get my invite... (:rofl:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    aw that's okay! Thank you!! :hugs: Yeah, its the top players! One of they guys playing used to be a member at a golf club I used to play at, he used to play with me when I was really little (and he went to my school)! Cant believe how far he has come! It so weird watching him on tv :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Fitzpatrick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hodor_van_Groot)
    You're the second person I know who appreciates they joy of ironing clothes :rofl:

Hahaha I had to start doing some of the housework when I was 11, because my mum had an accident at work which has caused limited range of motion in her arms.

That made laugh out loud :rofl:

We do indeed. Wait, your name isn't Vanessa, is it? :afraid:
    Hahaha :rofl:

Oh right. Awww that's a shame I hope she's alright now :yep: It's a great thing you had to do all that work ic you enjoyed it

Hahaha it's the truth though :lol:

Yup we do Hahaha that nearly made me laugh out loud! No, you're safe. My name isn't Vanessa...and I'm not looking for anything like that :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alishba-rosex)
    Just relaxing atm
    Ohh fair enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello Everyone!!

ReputationRep:
    aw that's okay! Thank you!! :hugs: Yeah, its the top players! One of they guys playing used to be a member at a golf club I used to play at, he used to play with me when I was really little (and he went to my school)! Cant believe how far he has come! It so weird watching him on tv :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Fitzpatrick
    Hahaha woahh! :eek: That is sooooo cool! :yep: I'm going to be supporting this Fitzpatrick guy!
    :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zara.a.)
    Hello Everyone!!
    Hi

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha woahh! :eek: That is sooooo cool! :yep: I'm going to be supporting this Fitzpatrick guy!
    :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha ikr!! His brother is in my sister year and he misses so much school to see Matt play :lol: Please do, he is brilliant!!

Though I also support this guy; he is in second place after 2 rounds so far at The Masters;
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rory_McIlroy
    I remember watching him play his first major on tv when he was still an amateur!

ReputationRep:
    Haha ikr!! His brother is in my sister year and he misses so much school to see Matt play :lol: Please do, he is brilliant!!

Though I also support this guy; he is in second place after 2 rounds so far at The Masters;
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rory_McIlroy
    I remember watching him play his first major on tv when he was still an amateur!
    Hahaha understandable though Haha no worries, I shall

Oooh yes, I'd forgotten about McIlroy! Yeah, I've heard of him before. Hmm pretty good going:yep: How many years ago would that be? What is it that they do so they're not an amateur anymore?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha understandable though Haha no worries, I shall

Oooh yes, I'd forgotten about McIlroy! Yeah, I've heard of him before. Hmm pretty good going:yep: How many years ago would that be? What is it that they do so they're not an amateur anymore?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha yeah :lol: and yay :jive: that must have been atleast 10 years ago (I think he was only 18) Well basically, there are two types of pro, the tour pros who you see on tv (theyre on the PGA tour) and teaching pros (the pros you have lessons from).
    To be a tour pro you have be so so good. Usually they are a "+5 handicap" before they decide to turn pro, they then have to go to Madrid (I think) to be awarded pro status. You also have to play in (and win) a suffienct number of PGA competitions per year (mainly to be invited onto other competitions).

To be a teaching pro, you usually have a degree (eg sport management) and then have to be either -5/-6 handicap. You can usually join as an apprentice to an already established teaching pro too

ReputationRep:
    No u

Of course, I'm a hardcore 9gagger and tumblr user xD

My imagination transcends every dimension of creative insight known to man.

Yes, you are, since you're able to tolerate the Hodor :rofl:
    Hahaha
    Tumblr too? Hi 5 dude!!!

Haha well it is the best imagination I must say!!

Why thank you good sir!! :hugs:
    And yes I can tolerate thee Hodor :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah :lol: and yay :jive: that must have been atleast 10 years ago (I think he was only 18) Well basically, there are two types of pro, the tour pros who you see on tv (theyre on the PGA tour) and teaching pros (the pros you have lessons from).
    To be a tour pro you have be so so good. Usually they are a "+5 handicap" before they decide to turn pro, they then have to go to Madrid (I think) to be awarded pro status. You also have to play in (and win) a suffienct number of PGA competitions per year (mainly to be invited onto other competitions).

To be a teaching pro, you usually have a degree (eg sport management) and then have to be either -5/-6 handicap. You can usually join as an apprentice to an already established teaching pro too
    Ooooh this is very interesting! Could you please tell me more about the handicaps? :excited:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh this is very interesting! Could you please tell me more about the handicaps? :excited:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahaha you think so? Haha phew everyone else who I discuss it with falls asleep :rofl: Okay well;

when you play on a golf course, there is a course 'par' which is the number of shots you are supposed to take around the course. Eg par 67 means that the total number of shot you should take around the course is 67 (or less if you are really good). the handicaps come in to make the gam fairer for all the players, as some are better than others. Your handicap is measured by how many hots you are over the par. Eg, my handicap is 12 so that means I usually play the course in the course par + 12 (so I go round 'to par'). my dad's handicap is 6, so he usually goes round par + 6. The lower the handicap the better the golfer (so some really good people of +5 have 5 shots ADDED at the end of the game!)

When you are a pro playing in the major competitions, there are no handicaps (we call this playing off scratch). So there is no score adjustment at the end of the round

Phew that took some explaining! Please ask if I have said something you are unsure of!

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha you think so? Haha phew everyone else who I discuss it with falls asleep :rofl: Okay well;

when you play on a golf course, there is a course 'par' which is the number of shots you are supposed to take around the course. Eg par 67 means that the total number of shot you should take around the course is 67 (or less if you are really good). the handicaps come in to make the gam fairer for all the players, as some are better than others. Your handicap is measured by how many hots you are over the par. Eg, my handicap is 12 so that means I usually play the course in the course par + 12 (so I go round 'to par'). my dad's handicap is 6, so he usually goes round par + 6. The lower the handicap the better the golfer (so some really good people of +5 have 5 shots ADDED at the end of the game!)

When you are a pro playing in the major competitions, there are no handicaps (we call this playing off scratch). So there is no score adjustment at the end of the round

Phew that took some explaining! Please ask if I have said something you are unsure of!
    Thanks. Ugh, gotta go to watch a film with my sister (she needs the moral support otherwise she can't watch it on her own )
    I'll give a proper reply after! :yep:

(Thanks though - I was afraid you'd think "Gosh Matrix! Why do you have to ask so many questions?")

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Kimmeh ples.
    why

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha :rofl:

Oh right. Awww that's a shame I hope she's alright now :yep: It's a great thing you had to do all that work ic you enjoyed it

Hahaha it's the truth though :lol:

Yup we do Hahaha that nearly made me laugh out loud! No, you're safe. My name isn't Vanessa...and I'm not looking for anything like that :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, yep, she's somewhat better now. Fit enough to survive without me when I move to the UK :yep: I did indeed. I found my true love actually, I'd be a housekeeper if I could :rofl:

Haha :lol: well, too bad. :C And ples, neither is Hodor, he just got excited because he thought he found his long-lost sistah ;_;

(Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    Hahaha
    Tumblr too? Hi 5 dude!!!

Haha well it is the best imagination I must say!!

Why thank you good sir!! :hugs:
    And yes I can tolerate thee Hodor :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha *hi5*

It undoubtedly is. :smug:

You're most welcome, king squirrel! :hugs: :hat2:

(Original post by K.C)
    why

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, yep, she's somewhat better now. Fit enough to survive without me when I move to the UK :yep: I did indeed. I found my true love actually, I'd be a housekeeper if I could :rofl:

Haha :lol: well, too bad. :C And ples, neither is Hodor, he just got excited because he thought he found his long-lost sistah ;_;

Haha *hi5*

It undoubtedly is. :smug:

You're most welcome, king squirrel! :hugs: :hat2:

Awww that's great to hear! :yep: Good good, oooh!:teeth::mmm:

Yeah hahaha it's a shame I'm not Vanessa. Do you know how old she is? Can you imagine if she's at your uni? :eek: woahhhhh! :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. Ugh, gotta go to watch a film with my sister (she needs the moral support otherwise she can't watch it on her own )
    I'll give a proper reply after! :yep:

(Thanks though - I was afraid you'd think "Gosh Matrix! Why do you have to ask so many questions?"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aww okay then - I hope you enjoy it!! That's no problem

And of course not :lol: see you later!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.