Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Just got my final redundancy notice... Total including bonus and leftover holiday is 6.5k. ****ing hell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your friend must be ecstatic

ReputationRep:
    Sorry had to get in there first

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    £150 for a generic jacket from a brand I've never heard of. How many kilos are you moving to the point where you consider that cheap.
    Not that much for a designer jacket. The same product at Moncler/Stone Island/Prada would be in excess of £250.

ReputationRep:
    Xhaka & Xhaka sounds like it would be a top end fashion line.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Your friend must be ecstatic
    Haha I don't do that anymore

They tried to shirk out of paying me back so I sent over a spreadsheet with all the details and relevant proof. Got every penny of it back the next day

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Not that much for a designer jacket. The same product at Moncler/Stone Island/Prada would be in excess of £250.
    Got one from Reiss for 250 quid when I started uni and it's still going strong 5 years later. Sometimes paying a bit extra for quality is a good investment

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

They tried to shirk out of paying me back so I sent over a spreadsheet with all the details and relevant proof. Got every penny of it back the next day

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spreadsheet ffs :rofl:

Are you still friends? It's why they say you should never lend money to friends, because it always go sour.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by swirly)
    Spreadsheet ffs :rofl:

Are you still friends? It's why they say you should never lend money to friends, because it always go sour.
    You either get the money back or the friendship, never both.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Savage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You must have a lot of money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Got one from Reiss for 250 quid when I started uni and it's still going strong 5 years later. Sometimes paying a bit extra for quality is a good investment

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's what I'm saying, £150 odd for a good quality jacket is pretty decent value.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Haha I don't do that anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile
    People say you can never lend money to friends but that's not really true. It just depends what kind of person they are really - anybody who will try to get out of paying you back values a bit of money higher than your friendship so you're better off without them anyway mate.

Plus if she has a boyfriend, you shouldn't be lending them money anyway - if between them both (and their family) they can't find the money for something they need, it's not a good sign if they ask you for anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    You must have a lot of money.
    Pls, he's no Lúcio

ReputationRep:
    I feel bad tbh

I was rooting for them to end up together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wait so the spreadsheet was sent to the friend not the employer?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    Wait so the spreadsheet was sent to the friend not the employer?
    Employer doesn't come in to it at all.

I've always been too soft with people tbh, think working in Finance has taught me that you can't do that if you want to get anywhere. I'm certainly not going to meet anyone acting like that.

(Original post by Lúcio)
    People say you can never lend money to friends but that's not really true. It just depends what kind of person they are really - anybody who will try to get out of paying you back values a bit of money higher than your friendship so you're better off without them anyway mate.

Plus if she has a boyfriend, you shouldn't be lending them money anyway - if between them both (and their family) they can't find the money for something they need, it's not a good sign if they ask you for anything.
    Her boyfriend doesn't work and just mooches off her, it's pathetic really. I like the guy but he's incredibly lazy.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with sr90 you can't lend people money big mistake. So many times I tried to convince myself that if they seemed nice/I somewhat knew them that they would keep to their word....only 1 out of like 10+ people kept their word.

Never again. You also can't be soft...because people will take advantage of that and walk over you. I learned the hard way.

ReputationRep:
    Forgot how much of an effort the uni application process was. Doesn't help when you can't even find 4 unis which offer your preferred course.

ReputationRep:
    I love how sr90 just went full Frank Lucas on them

Ain't no love

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.