Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by on_martin)
    Appreciate the advice, however funny story. The uni i got the clearing offer from was going to be my original firm choice, however they rejected me after the interview, so i firmed another uni.

Couple months ago i had a change of mind and decided i wanted to do chemistry, which is what i applied and got the offer for just now. So actually this is basically my golden opportunity, it was one hell of a gamble relying on clearing but it worked. Im happy.
    :awesome:
    Oh well in that case you're all set.

You can add a clearing choice before 3pm by phoning UCAS (if you want to get it locked in ASAP)

Then you just need to sort out accommodation and update your finance stuff :yes:

(Original post by Vannzzoo)
    Biochem & I know but that was my firm, I only missed it by grade! 😭
    Are you still conditional on Track?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemonster15)
    Congrats!! I'm still waiting on my med place since I missed a grade.
    Good luck!! Didn't expect to get in with those grades so you never know !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CardiffKate)
    You're welcome! I would advise you to call as soon as possible once you've got your grades and have all your reasons in order. Emails may get a sluggish response as unis are VERY busy at the moment. I take is qmul is your first choice?

Clearing is open for several days, so don't worry, but popular courses/unis will fill up faster. 3pm is not a deadline, but you cannot select a Clearing choice on UCAS Track until that time. You can and should, however start ringing around qmul (and others if necessary) before that time. Here is a useful set of guidelines that might help you. There is a list of UCAS timings at the bottom of the article.

Best of luck! I'm here all day.
    Ok, I will get my grades, relax, be me again and find my reasons, and I will double check with you before I call. Thank you very much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    That's because a release sends you into clearing.

Your insurance should be able to pick you back up from clearing. Which university is it?
    It's York St. John. They've asked me to email them, but your reply gives me some hope. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    I hope you enjoy the rest of your day! :awesome: . Get lots of ice cream
    Thank you! You too! Oohhh yes that sounds nice :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemonster15)
    I got a B but I needed an A. The uni haven't made up their mind yet and when they called they said it can take a week so I'm just really hoping that they let me in since I only dropped one grade, that being said, it is Medicine though, so we'll see..
    Ive got my fingers crossed for you!

ReputationRep:
    i got BCE and my course needs BBC, my track has not updated so i rang the uni and they said according to their system it was still pending and i will have to check later tonight or tomarrow, is that a good sign ??

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any tips on how to drastically improve AS grades during Year 13? I would like to improve my Biology and Chemistry results from a D and an E to at least Bs ideally! :/Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Effie14)
    It's York St. John. They've asked me to email them, but your reply gives me some hope. Thanks
    Yeah don't panic

If they say they're happy then add them on Track at 3pm (or phone UCAS if you get the ok from York St John before then)

ReputationRep:
    I got A*A*AA in maths, biology, chemistry and physics respectively. I got into my firm, even though they wanted an A* in chemistry and maths not biology. I was 2 marks away from an A* (one on each paper) in chemistry. Would getting a remark be pointless?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiracleLeaf)
    Does anyone have any tips on how to drastically improve AS grades during Year 13? I would like to improve my Biology and Chemistry results from a D and an E to at least Bs ideally! :/Thanks
    Hard work and knowing the spec inside out. Practice, wider reading and complete honesty with your teacher about any gaps in your knowledge.

(Original post by Conal551)
    i got BCE and my course needs BBC, my track has not updated so i rang the uni and they said according to their system it was still pending and i will have to check later tonight or tomarrow, is that a good sign ??
    Call and push them so you know what situation you're in. Not really fair for them to leave you waiting.

ReputationRep:
    I did 2 AS's this year and I'm thrilled - I got A's in both!!! Yaaayyyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conal551)
    Did they give you an estimate as to when it will change?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoria98)
    I got A*A*AA in maths, biology, chemistry and physics respectively. I got into my firm, even though they wanted an A* in chemistry and maths not biology. I was 2 marks away from an A* (one on each paper) in chemistry. Would getting a remark be pointless?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No harm in giving it a go if you were only 2 marks off

ReputationRep:
    Is it very difficult to change courses at uni?

A uni has offered me a different course which i do like but i would prefer to do law. Can you change courses or is it better to go to another uni and do study law and try and transfer to SOAS in the second year?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here doing PPE?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your teachers will be in the best place to advise.

Your grades are brilliant and you have your firm - will that A* make much difference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiracleLeaf)
    What is your current method of studying/revising?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're into your firm, I'd leave it

ReputationRep:
    Aberystwyth has just released me I have a Clearing number!! For some reason though BU's system can't see that I'm in Clearing and they told me to phone back at 1pm. I'm actually sort of happy now because I'm one step closer. Still a way to go though!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.