This discussion is closed.
lizolove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Colonel.)
Yeah, finally saw it. Terrific episode.
I know! What's your verdict on Amy and Rory's exit?
Colonel.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lizolove)
I know! What's your verdict on Amy and Rory's exit?
Yeah, it was the only way they could go without dying and still being together. So it works. Kind of emotional at times, would have been better if Gillen could act.
lizolove
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Colonel.)
Yeah, it was the only way they could go without dying and still being together. So it works. Kind of emotional at times, would have been better if Gillen could act.
True! I guess it was somewhat predictable in that sense. Although the jumping off the building thing made it look like that'd be how they went. :eek:
It was so emotional, but so brilliant!

You don't like Karen?! :eek:
I thought her acting was brilliant. I'll miss her.
Saying that, the new companion looks pretty good.
I really enjoyed her acting in episode 1.
paddyman4
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Only just saw the episode - thought it was great. I liked the book concept - I didn't see it coming so when the Doctor suddenly realises he's reading about Rory that was a cool change of tone. Thought the acting was very good considering the temptation to overact with a script like that - I like the Doctor's reaction after reading the chapters, and Amy and Rory's exchange on the rooftop. I kept thinking that I would kill myself in that position for the reasons given in the show, but didn't expect it to go that way.

Flicked through the last few pages: people need to complain about plot holes less. I'd rather have inconsistencies and unexplained things than restrict the show. I do think they could have made the episode a special feature length one though.

EDIT: Also, just realised that when Amy reads ahead, the doctor breaks something - but then the doctor breaks nothing: River breaks her own wrist...
Snagprophet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by paddyman4)
EDIT: Also, just realised that when Amy reads ahead, the doctor breaks something - but then the doctor breaks nothing: River breaks her own wrist...
See if this is the story arc of being able to magically change events personally known to the individual, then this is too subtle for most people to notice.
chernid
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by paddyman4)
Only just saw the episode - thought it was great. I liked the book concept - I didn't see it coming so when the Doctor suddenly realises he's reading about Rory that was a cool change of tone. Thought the acting was very good considering the temptation to overact with a script like that - I like the Doctor's reaction after reading the chapters, and Amy and Rory's exchange on the rooftop. I kept thinking that I would kill myself in that position for the reasons given in the show, but didn't expect it to go that way.

Flicked through the last few pages: people need to complain about plot holes less. I'd rather have inconsistencies and unexplained things than restrict the show. I do think they could have made the episode a special feature length one though.

Amy read that the Doctor said that he'd have to break something because Amy told him that he would. She didn't read the actual action of River's wrist being broken, if you get what I mean. Therefore, nothing changed.
username854791
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Someone advice me, is it worth watching last nights episode? I missed it, but don't want my time to be wasted if it's generally considered aweful.
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Future_Dr)
Someone advice me, is it worth watching last nights episode? I missed it, but don't want my time to be wasted if it's generally considered aweful.
There was no episode last night, the angels one last week was the last one until Christmas.
Feefifofum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Future_Dr)
Well at least that's an easy one to answer - there was no episode last night. And there will be no more until Christmas.

EDIT: Beaten to it!
username854791
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Feefifofum)
Well at least that's an easy one to answer - there was no episode last night. And there will be no more until Christmas.

(Original post by Alofleicester)
There was no episode last night, the angels one last week was the last one until Christmas.
lol. well that takes care of that. Thanks
lizolove
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by chernid)
[/B]

Amy read that the Doctor said that he'd have to break something because Amy told him that he would. She didn't read the actual action of River's wrist being broken, if you get what I mean. Therefore, nothing changed.
Your sig is amazing.
lizolove
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Feefifofum)

My Saturday night was so boring! I turned on BBC1 and waited for Doctor Who...
PoGo HoPz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just been watching classic Doctor Who. Colin Baker is seriously underrated, in my opinion. :cookie:
TheCrackInTime
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by PoGo HoPz)
Just been watching classic Doctor Who. Colin Baker is seriously underrated, in my opinion. :cookie:
:ditto:

The Trial of a Time Lord is simply awesome.
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-rad...rnative-ending

Beautiful, simply beautiful. :cry2:
Feefifofum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Alofleicester)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-rad...rnative-ending

Beautiful, simply beautiful. :cry2:
I just logged onto TSR so I could post that on here. I agree: beautiful.
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
:cry2: why do you do this to my emotions?
SirMasterKey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/weird-wonde...utes-40456.htm

Some of them are really quite good. :moon:
sleekchic
Badges: 2
Report 6 years ago
I can't believe I used to be so anti-Rory. :sad:

(Original post by SirMasterKey)

They really are.
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)

I don't think I have the emotional capacity to watch these :sad:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (301)
37.44%
No - but I will (61)
7.59%
No - I don't want to (60)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (382)
47.51%

Watched Threads