Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    10m bid rejected for Cabaye , today sums up the last 7 years under Wenger. A complete and utter disgrace, a Spurs fan in charge would have more respect for us than Wenger does.

Cabaye, is exactly the sort of player we dont need....I mean we need players across the back 4 a keeper, DM winger striker. And here Wenker is throwing in laughable lowball bids for a frankly average French AM . Its no wonder the club is a laughing stock.

Its gone too far now, he has to go. Ashley Williams? Michu? Cabaye? **** me these are signings Fulham would make

ReputationRep:
    The Cabaye bid is a carbon copy of Arteta in 2011.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Salt of the earth fan, Arsenal were built on the backs of guys like him. Not ***** like Kronke. Also what's the way he speak have to do with anything?Ive got a very similar accent and m education would put 99.9% of the country to shame...

---

Also can someone ban this clown? Why does this thread attract so many oxygen thiefs?
    Is there any truth in the Pogba £20m bid? We were chatting about him earlier, being one of the best DMs in football. He would be an absolute sensational signing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if this has been posted, but enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/90TUbQixtsA

Name:  spurslul.png
Views: 89
Size:  337.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Is there any truth in the Pogba £20m bid? We were chatting about him earlier, being one of the best DMs in football. He would be an absolute sensational signing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no clue. Never seen him play either but if hes so good why would Juve sell him to us?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm willing to bet its complete load of bull ****. Saying hes been one of the best DM's in football though is nonsense :rofl:

Hes in that top echelon of young players though. Juve will not sell.

ReputationRep:
    The interesting thing from the Swiss Ramble post was the point about having a DoF in charge of transfers. If we take Wenger's only half decent defence of 'there's no one avaliable' then how did Spurs sign who they have? Let's be honest here, at this stage would you say no to any of their signings?

That's how bad it's gotten here, we're staring at a summer of such utter ineptitude there has to be some consequence. If Wenger is untouchable in his role, does he need a DoF imposed on him ready to prepare for the January window? If there is no meaningful solution found by the end of the month, there simply has to be some reaction within the club. Having a squad of players most people don't think are up to the job is bad enough, but you don't need an Economics degree to count 17 bodies on the trading ground and realise that ain't enough...

I've never been anti Wenger and always said we need to be realistic about our financial restrictions, but I almost didn't want the season to start on Saturday. The doomsayers are out as usual, but saying that a poor run in our next 4 games could effectively end our season aren't that far wide of the mark and frankly isn't an impossible scenario. If the worst should happen then this is one that can't be shrugged off, we can't be placated this time and either something or someone has to go.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's safe to say that the only way I will believe Arsenal have signed someone is when it's on their website with the player holding the shirt. Until then I don't hold out much hope in any signings before the end of the window.

ReputationRep:
    Weve been linked with Kolbeinn Sigthorsson at Ajax according to ITV. He'd do well for us but still really raw...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panthalic)
    The interesting thing from the Swiss Ramble post was the point about having a DoF in charge of transfers. If we take Wenger's only half decent defence of 'there's no one avaliable' then how did Spurs sign who they have? Let's be honest here, at this stage would you say no to any of their signings?

That's how bad it's gotten here, we're staring at a summer of such utter ineptitude there has to be some consequence. If Wenger is untouchable in his role, does he need a DoF imposed on him ready to prepare for the January window? If there is no meaningful solution found by the end of the month, there simply has to be some reaction within the club. Having a squad of players most people don't think are up to the job is bad enough, but you don't need an Economics degree to count 17 bodies on the trading ground and realise that ain't enough...

I've never been anti Wenger and always said we need to be realistic about our financial restrictions, but I almost didn't want the season to start on Saturday. The doomsayers are out as usual, but saying that a poor run in our next 4 games could effectively end our season aren't that far wide of the mark and frankly isn't an impossible scenario. If the worst should happen then this is one that can't be shrugged off, we can't be placated this time and either something or someone has to go.
    Just going to post on the DoF topic.

I've longed been against DoF in football and that the manager should be the one in charge. But, that's archaic thinking especially given that in modern football, the turnover of managers are incredibly high. So, when Wenger does move on- no way he's going to work with a DoF- a DoF is a must.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    I'm willing to bet its complete load of bull ****. Saying hes been one of the best DM's in football though is nonsense :rofl:

Hes in that top echelon of young players though. Juve will not sell.
    It probably is not true but the guy is quality. He's just the player we need but Juve won't sell. And I don't see why he'd wanna leave.

Anyway, Cabaye is decent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Weve been linked with Kolbeinn Sigthorsson at Ajax according to ITV. He'd do well for us but still really raw...
    ITV is linking us with everyone. They're rumour happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How many players has Arsenal been linked with over the last few months? MIND BOGGLING

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    How many players has Arsenal been linked with over the last few months? MIND BOGGLING

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Two more weeks, that's all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The club has really made a mess of things.

1. They like holding their cards to their chest and yet they go and announce a huge kitty to be spent. Did they honestly think clubs wouldn't up their fee for the players their interested in?
    2. They made themselves a laughing stock with how they pursued Suarez.
    3. They finally clear out the deadwood, freeing plenty of funds for salaries, but they don't make an early move for anyone except Suarez.
    4. There were plenty of quality players out there we've could've signed, even if we had to pay an extra £5-10m to get them. Surely paying the extra for a Suarez, Rooney or even Higuain would be better than paying over the odds for Michu.

The board need to get on their hands and knees and beg David Dein to come back, or they need to pull their finger out of their arse and bring in another deal maker like him, someone who can close deals quickly. Wenger: "I want player x, y, z." Dealmaker: "No problem, I'll make it happen. I'll close those deals quickly."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k1tsun3)
    The club has really made a mess of things.

1. They like holding their cards to their chest and yet they go and announce a huge kitty to be spent. Did they honestly think clubs wouldn't up their fee for the players their interested in?
    2. They made themselves a laughing stock with how they pursued Suarez.
    3. They finally clear out the deadwood, freeing plenty of funds for salaries, but they don't make an early move for anyone except Suarez.
    4. There were plenty of quality players out there we've could've signed, even if we had to pay an extra £5-10m to get them. Surely paying the extra for a Suarez, Rooney or even Higuain would be better than paying over the odds for Michu.

The board need to get on their hands and knees and beg David Dein to come back, or they need to pull their finger out of their arse and bring in another deal maker like him, someone who can close deals quickly. Wenger: "I want player x, y, z." Dealmaker: "No problem, I'll make it happen. I'll close those deals quickly."
    Yeah, Arsenal lack the ruthlessness. Even with realistic targets, we struggle. Atm, Tottenham are the most ruthless on this front. Target a player and go get him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Clubs know Arsenal have money.
    Clubs know Arsenal won't spend much because Wenger won't pay market rate.
    Clubs know Arsenal are desperate for players.
    Clubs know they can't replace any players they sell now because it's too late to buy replacements.

Brilliant. Not expecting anything from the next two weeks, what an absolute disgrace of a transfer window. I remember joking in June saying oh it's not as if Wenger has come out and said Sanogo is our only transfer this summer, that's our business done. Absolute disgrace.

ReputationRep:
    In other news, referee Anthony Taylor has been dropped. :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    It probably is not true but the guy is quality. He's just the player we need but Juve won't sell. And I don't see why he'd wanna leave.

Anyway, Cabaye is decent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah Its complete rubbish. Pogba already played quite a few games and hes only going to get more as Pirlo becomes older.

Cabayes alright but isn't he always injured? Also don't you guys need someone with a little more grit?

ReputationRep:
    We should just bid £35m for Rooney and see what Utd say. After all we are less of a threat to them than Chelsea so perhaps they'd be more inclined to sell to us. Don't quite understand what Moyes was doing saying that they need Rooney as back up to RVP. Doesn't exactly make you feel like your wanted at a club.

Our ability to close a deal is shocking really. Don't understand why we bid £10m for Cabaye, he's not exactly a DM and why would Newcastle even sell at that price. Another derisory offer. It just seems like we're bidding for players for the sake of it, rather than having a clear intention to close the deal. Tjhis is where we really miss David Dein. Actually thought we'd have an outside shot for the title this year but I feel Spurs will be that team this year if they keep hold of Bale. Been really impressed with their signings, AVB is clearly building a squad to challenge for the title. They seem to have gone under the radar.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.