Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Metal gear solid 2 was probably one of my favourites of the series. I didn't really spend enough time on 4 or snake eater though. I should go back and visit them along with peacewalker.
    You sound like a man who owns the HD Collection :cool:

2 was ****ing incredible when it came out. It still is actually. I didn't think it would be possible to top MGS1 but it did.

3 is better though, the storyline is more emotional whereas 2 is too technical and a bit cold in comparison but all of the games **** on the majority of everything else out now. The game play on both is basically the same minus the radar which there is a version available on 3.

Have you played Ground Zeroes? I haven't bothered cos reviews saying it's seriously short. Might buy if it drops below a tenner. Phantom Pain out soon, that's the one I'm looking forward to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    You sound like a man who owns the HD Collection :cool:

2 was ****ing incredible when it came out. It still is actually. I didn't think it would be possible to top MGS1 but it did.

3 is better though, the storyline is more emotional whereas 2 is too technical and a bit cold in comparison but all of the games **** on the majority of everything else out now. The game play on both is basically the same minus the radar which there is a version available on 3.

Have you played Ground Zeroes? I haven't bothered cos reviews saying it's seriously short. Might buy if it drops below a tenner. Phantom Pain out soon, that's the one I'm looking forward to.

Nah I don't have the HD collection, I've just played these games individually through the years haha. 2 was amazing man, I remember one of the parts where you play as Raiden and whilst sneaking about, a guard ends up pissing on you haha.

Haven't even looked at ground zeroes. I only play on PC now so it hasn't released yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Nah I don't have the HD collection, I've just played these games individually through the years haha. 2 was amazing man, I remember one of the parts where you play as Raiden and whilst sneaking about, a guard ends up pissing on you haha.

Haven't even looked at ground zeroes. I only play on PC now so it hasn't released yet.
    I'm assuming you played Peace Walker on PSP or DS then. It was remade for PS3 in HD, and is on the HD Collection.

You play like 80% of MGS2 as Raiden, a lot of people didn't like that. Thought it was a bold decision to change the main character but it worked well.

ReputationRep:
    I have had every MGS (out of the main series) and have to say that MGS3 is my favourite, incredible game. Most hard hitting scene (and to me, new at the time) would be the Sniper Wolf scene from MGS1, tears were shed.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, MGS3 is one of the absolutely best games ever. I loved the Soviet era setting also, and the antagonists/character development were absolutely top class. MGS2 for me just felt more empty, more mechanical (lol, Raiden).

ReputationRep:
    I really liked MGS2.

Can't wait until the new one though.

ReputationRep:
    Havent been a big gamer for along time except for Fifa but my all time fav games when I was a kid was GTA San Andreas. Still the most fun game of all time imo even if graphics have improved etc. Getting 5 of your gang into a plane and jumping out midair never gets old imo And when I was very young Spyro the dragon was mad fun. Collecting them diamonds and ****. Miss it tbh, used to just chill after school with my brother playing PS2 without a care in the world. Simpler times

Also used to be proper, and I mean proper into Age of Empires 3, Cossacks and Medieval total war the military strategy games.

Sessions literally lasted 12 hours. Battle of Austerlitz took about 3 in real life :laugh: Used to play as the Russians and just use massed infantry to wear down people. IIRC correctly I lost 20,000 men in a AOC3 session once which is an absolute collosal number if youre familiar with the game :moon: Remember once I was playing against some guy and we'd pretty much ground each other into a stalemate that neither of us could break.Literally waited him out for about 3 hours until he quit I think. Had to literally go cold turkey from it to avoid failing GCSEs

On the other hand, I genuinely believe strategy computer games are dynamite for a kids brain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Tbh, MGS3 is one of the absolutely best games ever. I loved the Soviet era setting also, and the antagonists/character development were absolutely top class. MGS2 for me just felt more empty, more mechanical (lol, Raiden).
    That's my opinion too. The love story between Big Boss and Eva and also the relationship between Big Boss and Boss.

It's certainly the best game I've played. I think it's perfection.

ReputationRep:
    Pluuuuuuuurg?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    Pluuuuuuuurg?
    Post the room.

btw you can't use it on mobile.

Completely unrelated - I'm eating blue stilton and drinking port.

ReputationRep:
    https://plug.dj/students

Just made this as the room you PM'd me doesn't exist.

Just post the link anyway, sr90 is the football mod and he doesn't give a **** about us posting the link or using plug.

ReputationRep:
    SR needs to join in on plug anyway
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    SR needs to join in on plug anyway
    I've been meaning to for ages 😂

Yeh I don't get why some mods were so uptight about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I've been meaning to for ages 😂

Yeh I don't get why some mods were so uptight about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The reason we always got was "advertises other platforms", yet there's advertise your Twitter threads everywhere :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I get why we weren't allowed to post links or have a specific thread but like Ice Fish says, other websites where members converse with each other were allowed and specific threads were allowed (post your Twitter/advertise your Tumblr) so it's a massive contradiction.

I'm happy with discussing plug in here and posting links in here. It's probably better that the football mandem are the only ones plugging anyway. If everyone else was involved it'd be crap.

ReputationRep:
    Just watching QT now that I have time. Will give thoughts after.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    Just watching QT now that I have time. Will give thoughts after.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    cheers m8.

you're an asset to this forum.

been waiting for your thoughts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    cheers m8.

:rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    cheers m8.

Knew somebody would post this. Your grammar is appalling m64^1/2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Farage is a joke. Russell speaks sense. This is good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.