Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hugs for everyone! :grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    why, why am i getting thoughts about everything that could go wrong tomorrow. its freaking me out. its making my anixety go haywire

ReputationRep:
    Need to remember to book my train home for Christmas tonight, just checked and I'm still early enough to get a train to glasgow for £7.50

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    Need to remember to book my train home for Christmas tonight, just checked and I'm still early enough to get a train to glasgow for £7.50

Posted from TSR Mobile
    if you do, clear your cache frist of it might give you a igher price

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Talk to your lecturer, definitely. Explain what areas you're struggling in, and ask what you can do to catch up. Things like: getting an extra, simpler, textbook, hiring a tutor (if you can afford it ), finding a study partner (preferably someone you can swap skills with, so they feel like they're getting something back), meeting up with the lecturer regularly to check on your progress, maybe do a few extra assignments, asking for more detailed feedback...

In short, there are loads of things you can do, so please don't despair. :hugs:
    Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I know there are lots of people I could talk to but that kinda means that I will look like the one who causes lots of trouble for people. I have this group project coming up which is stressing me out because I have to work with others and there is nothing I can do about it.

I just feel like I should be coping better as I have only been here for 4 weeks. I guess I should just get my work in and hope for the best when it comes to marks. If I fail then at least I know I tried, but it is very stressful trying to cope with things like this with no sleep during the week.

I guess I might as well just keep going until they kick me off the course for being a retard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathanielle)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :sadnod:Okay, know, that that must be horrble... feel really sorry for you. Especally as adopton and other methods aren't that easy. Nevertheless hope t wll workout for you.

:console::sad:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    also adoption wouldnt be the same. Hopefully things will work out, but theres always something in the back of my mind knowing that i may never have my own kids, which hurts so much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So I know this is a bit silly but I feel really proud of it and needed to share. I saved the hat! I had to go down ~5 rows to pick up all the dropped stitches but I now have them all except 3 which I've caught on another needle so I can work them back in. Just so relieved that all the work I did last night hasn't completely disappeared.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    it's okay. yeah, I am safe I guess, tired now though so might get some rest in a bit! thanks :hugs:
    Hope you manage to rest :hugs:

(Original post by Cinnie)
    No I don't have any PRN or a crisis team. :hugs:

My aunt is in and she doesn't know any of this is happening other than that i'm physically ill so I need to figure out how to come out of my room and tell her
    Telling your aunt is a good idea :hugs: Hope you're feeling a bit better now.

ReputationRep:
    feel terrible :sigh: im really getting well and truly ****ing tired of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    feel terrible :sigh: im really getting well and truly ****ing tired of this.
    :hugs: :hugs: all the :hugs:

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McNuggetsAhoy)
    Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I know there are lots of people I could talk to but that kinda means that I will look like the one who causes lots of trouble for people. I have this group project coming up which is stressing me out because I have to work with others and there is nothing I can do about it.

I just feel like I should be coping better as I have only been here for 4 weeks. I guess I should just get my work in and hope for the best when it comes to marks. If I fail then at least I know I tried, but it is very stressful trying to cope with things like this with no sleep during the week.

I guess I might as well just keep going until they kick me off the course for being a retard.
    :nah: Absolutely the wrong attitude! Lecturers are there to help you learn - if you're trying but not learning, then they're not doing their job right. And if you're not trying every available avenue of help when struggling, you're not doing your job right either!

Trust me, from both having made it through uni with a metric ton of help from my lecturers, and from having a parent who's a lecturer too, I can tell you that any lecturer/teacher in general worth their salt won't mind giving you extra help in the slightest. They are there to teach you, and by asking for help when you're struggling if anything they'll respect you more! Last week I had the loveliest email from one of my old lecturers who I'd sent a thank you gift - she said she was really proud of me, and that my getting through uni despite my MH problems was a massive victory. :blush:

So in conclusion: do your best, and you're very unlikely to fail. But doing your best does entail asking for help from the relevant people. It's not a sign of weakness, or your being annoying, it's your using the resources available to get the most out of your degree.

(Original post by Valvopus)
    So I know this is a bit silly but I feel really proud of it and needed to share. I saved the hat! I had to go down ~5 rows to pick up all the dropped stitches but I now have them all except 3 which I've caught on another needle so I can work them back in. Just so relieved that all the work I did last night hasn't completely disappeared.
    Woo - Valvopus, saviour of hats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valvopus)
    hope this wasnt because of the innocent hat conversation! haha

glad youv fixed it though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    :hugs: :hugs: all the :hugs:

xxxx
    thanks hun. how you doing? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    hope this wasnt because of the innocent hat conversation! haha

glad youv fixed it though
    :angel: No I sorted that out at the time. This was about 3am when I finally finished the hat and tried to tie it off and succeeded in snapping the thread
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Just been to the marina to pick out my marina and the facilities are amazing. My dad and grandparents are currently in the process of moving the boat and it should be there this evening. Going to see if I can get there tomorrow to drop things off.

Need a whole shopping list of things now. I think it's probably best to think of it as a very small studio and to work from there.

(Original post by PandaWho)
    Your not being judged on the ability to make friends in the department hun.
    You said you get on with other people in the school and thats fine! We cant get on with everyone. Your their to teach the kids! On my placement in my last year at uni i got on well with very few of the staff members, but i wasnt there for them.
    Youl be ok hun :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was much better yesterday. I burst into rooms greeting everyone and it felt much easier. Being given the chance to teach a whole run of lessons starting from next Wednesday so if I can manage that I'll feel like I'm doing much better than I currently feel like I am.

Worked yesterday with a girl who wouldn't stop crying and by the end of the session she was smiling a little and getting her work done so I'm asking if I can work with her every week. It's not a timetabled session so it should be okay but it just breaks my heart watching somebody struggle so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    thanks hun. how you doing? :hugs:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Tbh this morning I wouldn't have thought i'd make it to 3pm without breaking down / losing my marbles so i'm just hoping that I can continue until Monday taking it hour by hour =/

idk why i've got Monday as some sort of goalpost but hopefully my doc can give me something to nock me out or something

ReputationRep:
    Will need music on constantly until Monday. I'm supposed to travel on 2 buses (1hr) and then a train (1hr30) each way to meet my boyfriend tomorrow. How the hell is that going to happen..
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Just read dsomething I really. Reallly shouldn't that've read and now in dojn't know what to do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Just read dsomething I really. Reallly shouldn't that've read and now in dojn't know what to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Music. Loud. In ears.

ReputationRep:
    More than halfway done my shift revising on my break, so determined to get at least Bs this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.