Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016 Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helfus)
    Anyone else done a ridiculously worse in than expected?

All of my class have done terribly.
    i done horrible pretty much got CDDD which just destroyed by confidence

ReputationRep:
    millions of lives are changing in one day, for the better and the worse, this is incredible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyjane_x)
    I didn't get in my firm, is it worth ringing them up? Also I'm not sure of what to say, can anyone give advice?
    I didn't get into mine and seeing as mine are in clearing they said they'd reconsider my application....

didn't get in again but worth a try xD

ReputationRep:
    Got 2 As at AS in Drama and Maths.

Our school is half way through the reforms so my other two subjects (Chem and bio) are linear courses.

Can't decide which one out of drama and maths to drop. I'm applying for medicine. Enjoy both courses equally. C3 and C4 scares me though - already struggling. Predicted A in Maths and A* in Drama.

Eeeek what do I do?!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helfus)
    Anyone else done a ridiculously worse in than expected?

All of my class have done terribly.
    At least it's across your entire class. Have a look at methods of learning outside of the classroom - maybe using your teacher as a starting point and then taking independence in your learning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by admirableyellow)
    is it worth getting a maths paper remarked im one mark off an A i already have my place at uni just wondering if maths marks usually change because its either right or wrong.
    I wouldn't remark it if you already have your place at uni.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyjane_x)
    I didn't get in my firm, is it worth ringing them up? Also I'm not sure of what to say, can anyone give advice?
    You can try, but if you've been rejected, they may not take you.

(Original post by Tabath)
    Just for info purposes - My daughter just had her UCAS track updated and has been accepted into Durham for Geophysics - her offer was AAB and her grades were ABB (but she was only one ums mark off an A on one of the Bs) so Durham are just taking there time
    Congratulations! . Will you pass them on for us please?

is it worth getting a maths paper remarked im one mark off an A i already have my place at uni just wondering if maths marks usually change because its either right or wrong.
    It's not worth it generally. You're into uni!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Once you're in, you're in. The remark won't change anything but it's up to you.

ReputationRep:
    If we get our papers remarked and they change, can a university revert the rejection?

How long do universities take to email you themselves? Birmingham haven't said anything yet D:

now i'm impatient for my accommodation offer as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiracleLeaf)
    Notes, flashcards and some past papers. I think that I did a lot of work for my AS, but it can't have been that effective
    That's a good place to start. Make sure you tick off your learning objectives as you go, so you know you can do everything that could come up.

Also, make a timetable for revision and stick to it.

One of the easiest things you can do, but also the most overlooked, it re-reading your class notes/work in the evening after your day of studying. It's been shown to improve your retention and recall of information significantly!

Group studying is also great, it makes things a bit more fun and you can hear the information in different ways from different people, which I find can make things much clearer. Sometimes I struggled to understand my teacher's interpretation of the material.

If it was an option, you could also advertise for an additional tutor and have one-to-one sessions as and when you need them.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orlanda)
    Got 2 As at AS in Drama and Maths.

Our school is half way through the reforms so my other two subjects (Chem and bio) are linear courses.

Can't decide which one out of drama and maths to drop. I'm applying for medicine. Enjoy both courses equally. C3 and C4 scares me though - already struggling. Predicted A in Maths and A* in Drama.

Eeeek what do I do?!
    This seems like a no brainer, drop maths! Just have a quick check online that universities will accept a more vocational subject such as drama, but from my knowledge most are not to bothered.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Gotta think whether it's worth it or not. You've got your place at university and you'll need to pay money for a remark with no guarantee of whether it will go up or not (bearing in mind that they're now a lot stricter with what should be remarked and not this year).

(Original post by korrin)
    If we get our papers remarked and they change, can a university revert the rejection?
    You'll need to inform the university that you're getting your papers remarked. They're recommended to keep your offer open until the 31st August BUT they are not obliged to.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else feel disappointed? I met my firm offer but messed up 3 of my 11 exams which cost me an A* in maths/econ, is it worth me resitting individual exams at uni next year?

ReputationRep:
    i just dont know why ucl was so mean that rejected me cause i am ABB from the offer AAB
    i was crying so hard

ReputationRep:
    I am sooooo happy right now
    I got an A for AS Maths and to my surprise, I got an A for all 3 modules- C1, C2 and S1
    I hope I can maintain it for next year though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    :awesome:
    Oh well in that case you're all set.

You can add a clearing choice before 3pm by phoning UCAS (if you want to get it locked in ASAP)

Then you just need to sort out accommodation and update your finance stuff :yes:

Are you still conditional on Track?
    Nah it says unsuccessful

ReputationRep:
    Doing computer studies at LJMU.

Got 400 ucas points
    Not sure what i got for English Language as i still havent received my result for it.
    Did FS maths level 2 - but failed it by 8 marks.

Got an email from ljmu admission saying that there may be a possibiltiy which i may not get in because of my maths result, however my UCAS has still not been updated.

Is there still hope?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolkenneth12)
    i just dont know why ucl was so mean that rejected me cause i am ABB from the offer AAB
    i was crying so hard
    I was rejected from Southampton too and only missed my offer by a grade D:

ReputationRep:
    Doing computer studies at LJMU.

Got 400 ucas points
    Not sure what i got for English Language as i still haven't received my result for it.
    Did FS maths level 2 - but failed it by 8 marks.

Got an email from ljmu admission saying that there may be a possibility which i may not get in because of my maths result, however my UCAS has still not been updated.

Is there still hope?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.