Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
gee_shakedown
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Parents have been on holiday all week; not a single telephone call or e-mail.
I haven't said a single word since Wednesday, and even that was just to the ticket man on the train.
No one from school has bothered to keep in touch with me, including the boy who I stayed up all night for on so many occasions, even during exams to help with his relationship problems. It seems that now he has a new girlfriend I've become an unnecessary liability. I know you shouldn't give just with the aim of getting back; but surely if you help someone that much, then they should give you a little time, especially when you've got nobody else and have been confined to the house without uttering a word for days, and what could go on for weeks...
Nothos
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by gee_shakedown)
I haven't said a single word since Wednesday, and even that was just to the ticket man on the train.
No one from school has bothered to keep in touch with me, including the boy who I stayed up all night for on so many occasions, even during exams to help with his relationship problems. It seems that now he has a new girlfriend I've become an unnecessary liability. I know you shouldn't give just with the aim of getting back; but surely if you help someone that much, then they should give you a little time, especially when you've got nobody else and have been confined to the house without uttering a word for days, and what could go on for weeks...
You're right. While making someone happy is indeed its own reward, it would be nice to have a little gratitude expressed by the person in question.

:hugs: Hope things turn out okay. Try going out for a stroll or something. That always makes me feel better when I start to feel a bit cooped up.
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
that'll be me over summer, no doubt. not looking forward to it

when do your parents come back? how long will this last?

saw that you've posted this in H&R too. hope everything works out...
xxkaylsxx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Once again a dreadfull day, i had very little sleep and just lay in bed wishing i couldnt think. if i had no thoughts things wouldnt be so painful. Sat watching the lion king this morning (for something to take my mind of revision). I wish the whole "Hakuna Mattata" thing worked. :rolleyes:

106 hours left untill the end of exams, maybe then i will feel a little better. It seems soo long though
Nothos
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by xxkaylsxx)
Once again a dreadfull day, i had very little sleep and just lay in bed wishing i couldnt think. if i had no thoughts things wouldnt be so painful. Sat watching the lion king this morning (for something to take my mind of revision). I wish the whole "Hakuna Mattata" thing worked. :rolleyes:

106 hours left untill the end of exams, maybe then i will feel a little better. It seems soo long though
Think of it in different terms "Less than five days to go" makes you feel better :hugs:
xxkaylsxx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by BruceTaylor)
Think of it in different terms "Less than five days to go" makes you feel better :hugs:
It does sound slightly better that way, thankyou :hugs:
How are you Bruce?
Nothos
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It does sound slightly better that way, thankyou :hugs:
How are you Bruce?
As a whole, still pretty damn low, but there's that big spark of excitement about tomorrow when I see my girlfriend again after an all too-long absence.
xxkaylsxx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by BruceTaylor)
As a whole, still pretty damn low, but there's that big spark of excitement about tomorrow when I see my girlfriend again after an all too-long absence.

(im sorry but i dont really know what to say so i just thought i would smile)
Have a good day tommorow
Nothos
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

(im sorry but i dont really know what to say so i just thought i would smile)
Have a good day tommorow
It's all right. Thanks a lot for the smile :yep:
gee_shakedown
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Pocket Calculator)
that'll be me over summer, no doubt. not looking forward to it

when do your parents come back? how long will this last?

saw that you've posted this in H&R too. hope everything works out...
Thank you, they'll be back on Thursday.
I'm feeling a little better now I'm up and have revised a little.
How come you're going to have the same all Summer?
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Antimatter)
Aww sugar :hugs:
The thing about life is though, that when one thing ***** up, a new door opens. Life might be a bit 'meh' at the moment, but things do get better :yep:
Feel free to PM me, although I fear my inbox might be (almost, or totally) full up :hmmm:
Yeah, I'll work on the clearing now :blah:
PS, you're an awesome person, and also, thanks for the message in Bruce's card, he really appreciated it =)
I've PMed you, hope you don't mind. Feeling ****, and I thought I'd take the opportunity... You don't have to reply :o:

Thinking of quitting my job again, oops.
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
How come you're going to have the same all Summer?
i'm going to live with my parents in canada for the summer. i don't know a single person there (yet, anyway!). really worried i'll just end up housebound for three months. i have no means of getting around on my own while i'm there, and without that i'm unlikely to be able to get to know anyone.
Antimatter
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i'm going to live with my parents in canada for the summer. i don't know a single person there (yet, anyway!). really worried i'll just end up housebound for three months. i have no means of getting around on my own while i'm there, and without that i'm unlikely to be able to get to know anyone.
Oooooh, cool, where abouts in Canada?
Much, much jealous. But feel free to ask me for advice about Canada. PS, Tim Horton is god.
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Antimatter)
Oooooh, cool, where abouts in Canada?
Much, much jealous.
Oakville ON, smack in the middle of Toronto's endless suburban desert.
But feel free to ask me for advice about Canada. PS, Tim Horton is god.
Timmies! Roll up the Rim to Win! goddamn, i'm looking forward to the Timmies...

how come you know so much about Canada, then?
Antimatter
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oakville ON, smack in the middle of Toronto's endless suburban desert.Timmies! Roll up the Rim to Win! goddamn, i'm looking forward to the Timmies...

how come you know so much about Canada, then?
Oh, cool =)
I have a really good friend in ON, he went to Laurentian, but now he's back home in Sudbury. I visited once to see my grand aunt in BC (who was dying at the time ) the Tim Hortons came in so helpful. And coming off the plane with Timbits was like :coma: :p:
I would love to go to ON, especially to see Niagra Falls, Toronto, all the national parks and stuff, you're so lucky!
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I just feel like bursting into tears atm :cry:
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
I just feel like bursting into tears atm :cry:
:console: What's up?
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
:console: What's up?
Everything. Small list...

- The thought of work tomorrow is making me feel sick
- I have massive blisters on my feet from shoes I wore over the weekend
- My hamster died at some point since I last saw him
- All my friends are off uni for the summer and I can't get any time off to see them
- I don't want to do this anymore
- My parents don't seem to care about me at all
- No-one seems to notice the fact that I'm struggling every day to just keep my head up and if they do they don't care enough to do anything about it
- I miss uni and what it gave me... Even the stress my flatmates caused me was preferable to be a ******* loner and having no social life, at least at uni I could pretend to be working in my room, I have no space to breath at home
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
Everything. Small list...

- The thought of work tomorrow is making me feel sick
- I have massive blisters on my feet from shoes I wore over the weekend
- My hamster died at some point since I last saw him
- All my friends are off uni for the summer and I can't get any time off to see them
- I don't want to do this anymore
- My parents don't seem to care about me at all
- No-one seems to notice the fact that I'm struggling every day to just keep my head up and if they do they don't care enough to do anything about it
- I miss uni and what it gave me... Even the stress my flatmates caused me was preferable to be a ******* loner and having no social life, at least at uni I could pretend to be working in my room, I have no space to breath at home
I'm sorry. :console:

Are you planning on going back to uni next year at all?
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
I'm sorry. :console:

Are you planning on going back to uni next year at all?
Not going back for a few years at least, I have to have my driving licence for two years before I can even apply for Paramedic, that's if I want to do paramedic sci still. Hate the idea of waiting that long.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed