Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by dani_1991)
Cereal for instance!!!

Or when you open a pack, have a bowl and come back the next day to find

*POOF*

Magic disappearing cereal, and all that remains is the magic dust and a few small pieces of sad looking cereal.
That's not what I meant Dani; I mean, when you've got, say, a big sharing bag of doritos open, and they open up a fresh one, letting TWO go stale.

Or when there's two cartons of milk, one is half-drunk, one is sealed, and they'll open the sealed one. WHYYYY?!
MelissaJayne
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TotoMimo)
That's not what I meant Dani; I mean, when you've got, say, a big sharing bag of doritos open, and they open up a fresh one, letting TWO go stale.

Or when there's two cartons of milk, one is half-drunk, one is sealed, and they'll open the sealed one. WHYYYY?!
Ah this is one of my biggest pet hates. My mum has a habit of opening a pack of cheese, using it once..putting it in the fridge and forgetting about it. Next time she wants cheese, she'll either open a new pack that's in their or go out and buy new cheese.

I make a conscience effort to stock rotate the fridge putting things she's opened right at the front.

STILL NEVER WORKS.
dani_1991
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Ah I see! Like biscuits then?!
Ruthie!
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MelissaJayne)
Ah this is one of my biggest pet hates. My mum has a habit of opening a pack of cheese, using it once..putting it in the fridge and forgetting about it. Next time she wants cheese, she'll either open a new pack that's in their or go out and buy new cheese.

I make a conscience effort to stock rotate the fridge putting things she's opened right at the front.

STILL NEVER WORKS.
We (my OH and I) rearranged the cupboard to amke more space, put all my parents stuff on one side, ours on the other, and the most often eaten things at the front... and not a single thing has been touched since!!
Also, is sabotage counted as a food crime? My mum was like, oh we've got some oven chips if you want instead of messing around defrosting chicken?...
Ermm. no. On what planet is a plate of oven chips a decent replacement (taste and health wise) for a home cooked sunday dinner?!
TotoMimo
Rep:
?
*Dad making the dinner*

*grabs a spoon, digs it into whatever he's making, like soup etc*

*takes a big spoonful, tastes it, licks spoon clean*

*Proceeds to put the spoon back into the soup to stir it*

Oh nice, we're having Potato and Saliva soup, then.
natty_d
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
*just opened a box of Celebrations and I'm searching for the Galaxy Truffle*

:nooo:

WHAT KIND OF TRAVESTY THIS? WHY REPLACE THE BEST DAMN THING IN THE WHOLE BOX?
TotoMimo
Rep:
?
(Original post by natty_d)
*just opened a box of Celebrations and I'm searching for the Galaxy Truffle*

:nooo:

WHAT KIND OF TRAVESTY THIS? WHY REPLACE THE BEST DAMN THING IN THE WHOLE BOX?
Between this and Cadbury's Heroes (which for some reason has now also dropped the Bourneville but replaced it with NOTHING), this has been one of my most predominant foodie gripes for about the past six months when they first TWIX-FIXED IT.

Note to Mars: TWIX FIXIN' IS NOT "FIXING".
natty_d
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Between this and Cadbury's Heroes (which for some reason has now also dropped the Bourneville but replaced it with NOTHING), this has been one of my most predominant foodie gripes for about the past six months when they first TWIX-FIXED IT.

Note to Mars: TWIX FIXIN' IS NOT "FIXING".
Cadbury's Heroes are dire, bar Fudge and Twirl.

I cannot believe this, I feel so robbed It's all about Quality Street now.
Contrad!ction.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by natty_d)
Cadbury's Heroes are dire, bar Fudge and Twirl.

I cannot believe this, I feel so robbed It's all about Quality Street now.
Watch out, they'll remove something now you've said that!
MelissaJayne
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Celebrations, gone downhill. Heroes, downhill.
I'm waiting for the green triangle to be taken from Roses.
That'll tip me over the edge.
TotoMimo
Rep:
?
I always make the joke that Mars will replace the next-tastiest Celebration (Malteser Teaser) with one of their most foul products next.

My guess?

LEMON LOCKETS.
MelissaJayne
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I always make the joke that Mars will replace the next-tastiest Celebration (Malteser Teaser) with one of their most foul products next.

My guess?

LEMON LOCKETS.
or Dove.
Not the chocolate, the soap.
chocoholic.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I love your food threads!
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Celebrations and Heroes were both a joke this year. A cruel, cruel joke. Who doesn't like Crunchie or Bournville? Who on earth doesn't like GALAXY TRUFFLE?
22KT22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MelissaJayne)
Celebrations, gone downhill. Heroes, downhill.
I'm waiting for the green triangle to be taken from Roses.
That'll tip me over the edge.
You mean quality street? The triangle is in that one.
ipulledhermione
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
sometimes when I feel sad I dip my scoop butter onto a spoon then dip it in sugar and eat it. It feels good man.
Stiff Little Fingers
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Having a plain naan, or plain rice, with a curry.
No. Boring person.

You should be having a keema naan, unless you're a veggie, in which case - why are you having a curry?
Likewise with rice, even if I'm cooking on my own, I drain the rice, then spice, mix and stick it on the heat for a couple of minutes - Ueber lush. Respect the curry and have a good rice.

and if you have a very dull curry (Tikki Masala, Korma etc.) then shame on you - chef's specials all the way.

Edit:

Is it a crime that I will currify any meat if I'm not sure what to do with it? God I love curry.
gagaslilmonsteruk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
chocolate and ketchup - tastes ghastlier than it sounds!
Stiff Little Fingers
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh, going back through the thread:

(Original post by floskii)
(Original post by hmjessop)
What is it?
I'm not sure exactly, I think it's just the juices from the meat.
The lovely "blood" you see in a steak is myoglobin, and adds soooooo much to the flavour. You over-cook the steak then you might as well be eating cardboard.
affinity89
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Alofleicester)
Having a plain naan, or plain rice, with a curry.
No. Boring person.

You should be having a keema naan, unless you're a veggie, in which case - why are you having a curry?
Likewise with rice, even if I'm cooking on my own, I drain the rice, then spice, mix and stick it on the heat for a couple of minutes - Ueber lush. Respect the curry and have a good rice.

and if you have a very dull curry (Tikki Masala, Korma etc.) then shame on you - chef's specials all the way.

Edit:

Is it a crime that I will currify any meat if I'm not sure what to do with it? God I love curry.
:confused: Why shouldn't a vegan or vegetarian have a curry? When I am following a vegan diet, I eat curry all the time. Coconut and/or tomato based curries with lots of fresh vegetables are amazing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (232)
27.62%
No (608)
72.38%

Watched Threads