24.74%
Tom (125)
43.55%
flowermaster91
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
also that blonde girl was over exaggerating, vincent didnt exactly snatch the phone from her...she gave him it and he took it :|
Guy Secretan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
oh bummer I thought that gavin guy was a cool bloke.
Guy Secretan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
calm down haha
JmJtr
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm sorry but to me Gavin was way to patronisng and just seemed like he felt he was better than everone else tbh.
damos92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Good episode, quite surprised that Gavin went even though Zoe only demonstrated that yes, she does have vision and yes she can read through a phonebook. A 10 year old could do that so i'm struggling to see what she's done in 3 weeks. Alex was fired last week for being a passenger so i don't know why the same rule didn't apply to this episode.

Also, Zoe really annoys me, her voice and way of speaking would drive me insane if we had to communicate in real life.

Susan's good and likeable, rate her. Can't see why some people are rating Melody, i'm not a fan at all. Jim is good and Vincent isn't too bad, i mean he can actually speak well and is charismatic so him knowing this shouldn't bother too many people as opposed to him being arrogant over something he couldn't do. He's not overly arrogant anyway, just confident.
edward_wells90
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheSownRose)
First of all, Gavin did not deserve to go; he gave good instructions and good leadership, he managed his part of the two teams well. Vincent went renegade, ****ed up his sub-team ... and then got away with it! I liked Gavin in this episode, really warmed to him as a person. He punished himself too much for failings that weren't his and was nice to his team, he didn't like it that Vincent had demeaned the others. Quite sad he's gone.
I respectfully disagree. I think Gavin was not able to lead properly and he lacked some common sense, for example, he was asking the group if it was a good idea to start going out there and buying stuff, which they eventually did after 3 hours! That shows a lack of common sense right there, you don't ask for a vote on such an obvious thing. Vincent, whilst being an odd person, talked sense in that episode about the time management.
edward_wells90
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
One thing I don't understand is why no one seemed to use a computer or even their smartphones on any Appentice episode. A 2 second google image search for 'cloche' shows you thousands of hats. To me, it seems like they barely use a computer when you can do so much on a computer, for example you could have even ordered products online and payed extra for same day delivery or researched the location of retail shops that sell the products that they were looking for. The internet is extremely valuable to conducting research and could be used for most tasks, like market research for the phone apps development episode, etc.

Can someone please explain to me the underutilization of the internet on the Apprentice? Thanks.
History-Student
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by edward_wells90)
One thing I don't understand is why no one seemed to use a computer or even their smartphones on any Appentice episode. A 2 second google image search for 'cloche' shows you thousands of hats. To me, it seems like they barely use a computer when you can do so much on a computer, for example you could have even ordered products online and payed extra for same day delivery or researched the location of retail shops that sell the products that they were looking for. The internet is extremely valuable to conducting research and could be used for most tasks, like market research for the phone apps development episode, etc.

Can someone please explain to me the underutilization of the internet on the Apprentice? Thanks.
If they're allowed to use the internet it's not a challenge. So obviously they're banned from using it to make it worth watching.

The point is to see if they have the skills/talent to find stuff, find the best deal, and get it in time. Big Al already knows Google can do all that.
Duck and Cover
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by damos92)

Also, Zoe really annoys me, her voice and way of speaking would drive me insane if we had to communicate in real life.
There's so much bad body language amongst these candidates, really the only one who does it well is Tom.

My favorite bit was when, haviong said it will cost them £990 for the tea, the lady just stared at them drinking from her little teacup, hehe.
edward_wells90
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by History-Student)
If they're allowed to use the internet it's not a challenge. So obviously they're banned from using it to make it worth watching.

The point is to see if they have the skills/talent to find stuff, find the best deal, and get it in time. Big Al already knows Google can do all that.
I wanted to press 'Quote' but I accidentally press the -1 right next to it, sorry about that, it was very inconveniently placed right next to it.

Anyway, I feel they're lowering the bar intentionally because we are in an age of information and they're deliberately lowering their standards. If the Apprentice give them internet-enabled laptops along with phones then the Apprentice people could switch up the tasks and make the tasks harder to suit the resources the teams are given, which shouldn't be a decrease in entertainment value.
ithoughtofthis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by flowermaster91)

and wth i didnt even notice that girl till now (the one who argued with zoe) was so shocked when i saw her arguing and was thinking, where the hell have you been?!?
Haha same here!
I'll be keeping an eye on her though...it literally seems like she was only chucked into The Apprentice for a few minutes the last episode- and never before that. :mmm:
Natsworthy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Love Nick's expressions.
'Why don't we just go to a fancy dress shop?'
Crazy Paving
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Natsworthy)
Love Nick's expressions.
'Why don't we just go to a fancy dress shop?'
Haha, yeah that cracked me up. Nick never fails to amuse me with his facial expressions.
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Susan was surprisingly a good project manager. I want Jim to be PM sometime soon!
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ah the joys of waking up and iplayering The Apprentice!

Tbh on this task you always kinda think that the penalties are pretty pathetic and can sometimes come up cheaper than what people have paid!
Natsworthy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
'I'm trying to find a 10 inch CLOCHE'

Thinking he was trying really hard to not say something else then. Maybe that's just my mind.
jumpingjesusholycow
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Scrubby)
:lol: The way that really arrogant guy got blanked was hilarious. And Jim is already owning everyone ten minutes in. Also Gavin's team is clearly going to win. They're struggling and Susan's team are doing well. Obvious twist. You heard it here first.
What was that? :rolleyes:

Oh yes, the sound of you being completely wrong.
History-Student
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)

Tbh on this task you always kinda think that the penalties are pretty pathetic and can sometimes come up cheaper than what people have paid!
That's because the contestants suck and overpay. The penalty is something like the guide price + 50%, so it was Venture's own fault for paying more than that on the items the other team missed.

I think.
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by History-Student)
That's because the contestants suck and overpay. The penalty is something like the guide price + 50%, so it was Venture's own fault for paying more than that on the items the other team missed.

I think.
Guide price +£50

But it means that in theory, buying no items could let you win the task!
Crazy Paving
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)

Agreed, sometimes it's just not worth getting the items. IIRC, last year, the team who didn't get all of the items actually won, as the team who did get all of the items paid way too much for the items aka above the listed price from Big Al (or the savoy manager this year).

Similar this year, where the team with less items ALMOST won, had they got an item for £8 or so less.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (61)
37.2%
No - but I will (6)
3.66%
No - I don't want to (10)
6.1%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (87)
53.05%

Watched Threads