POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
oHellno
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The excuse of throwing him into the sea so quickly due to 'religious reasons' seems so ridiculous, you shoot the guy, celebrate his death, and then respect his 'beliefs' afterwards. They didn't even fulfil the whole tradition properly, why wouldn't they want to be certain about all evidence before they dispose of the body, why after waging a war against the most wanted man in the world would you suddenly think, 'oh yes, lets quickly bury him in the sea because that is the muslim way'.
Nash24
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Alexisonfire)
Are you just saying it's at a convenient time, or that you don't believe he's dead?
If it's the first, yes. But does that necessarily have to mean it's not true? Of course not.
Both. Yes it's a convenient time, it wasn't just a coincidence, this has been planned. If he really had been caught why is there such weak evidence...
I doubt they've found him, never mind killing him. He's had a bullet to the head, after being the most wanted...Doesn't seem realistic does it?
Lizzzle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kaykiie)
Links?

I'm not saying either way but when I first saw it on the news this morning I was a bit dubious. I'm no conspiracy theorist but I haven't seen these things you have and can't find them and so I am yet to make a decision on whether or not I believe it
Interviews on sky news said that
"America media reports are saying that there are photographs that are due to be released"

as for the twitter guys;
http://eu.techcrunch.com/2011/05/02/...-on-bin-laden/
R.B.G
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Inzamam99)
Security analyst Ikram Sehgal tells the BBC: "This was an operation that was certainly known to the Pakistani authorities. There is no way that Pakistan's radars wouldn't have picked up the US helicopter." Earlier, Pakistani PM Yusuf Raza Gilani said he "didn't know the details" of the US operation.
Wasn't his hideout near a Pakistani army base too? They would have to be the world's ****test army to not pick up on it. Do you think they are just trying to avoid retalliation being aimed at Pakistan?
Hipster
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tommyjw)

Photo (or other) proof will be provided soon apparently.
Guy on twitter & photos proved the 'attack' was real. That's good enough for me for now.
Could you give me a link to the Twitter/photos?
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kaykiie)
Links?

I'm not saying either way but when I first saw it on the news this morning I was a bit dubious. I'm no conspiracy theorist but I haven't seen these things you have and can't find them and so I am yet to make a decision on whether or not I believe it
Links to what?
https://twitter.com/#!/ReallyVirtual/
Guys twitter ^

The 'going to release pictures' statement is on loads of different articles and news sites.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-23102551/
Link with pictures from abc news .
Lizzzle
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Stratos)
epic lotus flower dance, anyway why did Saudi Arabia reject it?
No reason has been stated, but i'd imagine that they didn't want to be associated with any shrine that may have been built.
R.B.G
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Actually, your wrong.
They are perfectly within their rights to bury him at sea if there is a fear the ground burial site would be a bad idea, for fear of hysteria, attacks, (plus the situation with which country he will be buried in) and such.

So don't go around flying facts when you don't know them :rolleyes:
Source?
shenzys
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:facepalm:

They have said they are going to release pictures, and a guy on twitter proved the attack happened.. so does pictures from a photographer.
Several officials have confirmed it, as well as journalists (who research it themselves) . What else is there to need to know?

Bunch of 16 year olds on a forum are really smarter than people in the News and in higher places who have confirmed it, are debating it, and believe it? Good logic.
My point exactly, when the pictures are released and confirmed not be doctored then yes maybe my opinion will change. But for the time being what I have read elsewhere seems to make much more sense than what the news reports. So I shall be sticking to my opinion based on what makes sense to me. As a great man once said : watching the news and you are misinformed. And with regards to the "bunch of 16 year olds..." wow, well I know extremely smart people between the ages of 18-29, also covering many ages of TSR, who like to read around all sorts of sources of information, weigh up the arguments, and then make a conclusion. We don't all just read things and believe them because the news and people in higher places say it with no proof to back it up.

(Original post by HarryA)
Why are you such a sceptic?! Why would the US lie? Why would they lie about such a major thing? Don't you think they are telling the truth?

God, you are so arrogant.
Arrogant because I don't belive everything I read? Ok then I am arrogant.
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by R.B.G)
Source?
Every single news article ¬_¬

Not googling everything for you when you can just go to google, type in osama dead sea burial and see for yourself.
Giggy88
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am just waiting for the statement of Alqaeda. I'm surprised to hear about what they say on this issue.
Josh_Dey
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This is a lie.
Manitude
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by R.B.G)
It's the funeral prayer. And buring the dead at sea is not recommended. Burial at land is always preffered unless you are at sea and the body will decompose before you reach land. Source

Considering they were already on land they were not complying with Islamic tradition.
Link doesn't work.
I can accept why they buried at sea - If what you say is true then yes it's not fulfilling all of the traditions, but I think that when put in context it was probably more important to prevent his grave becoming a symbol of the fight against the West. You say that burial at land is preferred but not banned, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue?

Just looking back on the news article it actually says this: A US official quoted by Associated Press news agency said Bin Laden's body had been buried at sea, although this has not been confirmed.

If details of the burial haven't actually been confirmed then it's very difficult to really say more on it.
speedbird
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by baffled_mathman)
You dimwit...
You illiterate peasant . . .
Dekota-XS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When Benazir Bhutto, president of pakistan said that Osama Bin Laden had been killed, we didn't believe her, why should we believe Obama, president of America?
R.B.G
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Every single news article ¬_¬

Not googling everything for you when you can just go to google, type in osama dead sea burial and see for yourself.
I googled it and have found no such Islamic tradition. In fact what I did find was this:

The body of Osama bin Laden must be buried in the ground, and throwing it into the sea would be a 'sin', said Mahmoud Ashour of the Al Azhar Academy of Islamic Research, the most prestigious Sunni educational institute
Source
Silver Arrow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
WTF IS THIS ****?!?!?!?!?!?!

I POSTED THIS THREAD BEFORE ANYBODY ON TSR!

What's going on Admin?

Why did my post get removed and replaced with this nonsense?
jakemittle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The people who didnt believe that Gadaffi's son died in the attack because there wasnt any "proper" evidence..why do you not believe that but believe that Osama is dead?..
Cardiff Kook
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Bin laden is twittering from beyond the grave. Will it ever end?
http://twitter.com/#!/ghostosama
Kaykiie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Occlusal)
I did make it up
Really...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (356)
37.59%
No - but I will (74)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (66)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (451)
47.62%

Watched Threads