Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could wake up and be a kid again.
    I miss my childhood too much
    Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    1) Jump isn't impossible
    2) don't "revise", keep on top of content all the way through, that way you'll know everything for the exan
    Thanks man, btw have you got any advice on what I should do for these a-level subject>''biology,chemistry,math s and maybe history..''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebestiscoming)
    I'm I the only one who is planning to get a head start on my chosen a-levels?
    Nooo I hate to admit that I want to too... Haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks man, btw have you got any advice on what I should do for these a-level subject>''biology,chemistry,math s and maybe history..''
    Biology :puke:
    Chemistry - Have a read of the website "chemguide"
    Maths - brush up on algebra and maybe check out examsolutions.net to start C1/2.

History - nothing to do until you start the course

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to all GCSE students!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing same subjects but german in the place of history... Dunno how to prepare for german.. There's no vocab lists like there were for GCSE..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracey11)
    I'm doing same subjects but german in the place of history... Dunno how to prepare for german.. There's no vocab lists like there were for GCSE..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Brush up on grammar. That's the big one, case systems as well.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i think that we are in the same situation because on top if those a-levels that you saw i might actually do Italian as well but might change it for history because 5 a-levels is asking for a suicide...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Brush up on grammar. That's the big one, case systems as well.
    Cheers.. I don't have any books or anything though.. Recommend any websites??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cheers.. I don't have any books or anything though.. Recommend any websites??
    About.com

And also the Threads on TSR:

German Learners' Society
    Multilingual and Polyglot Wannabe Thread

ReputationRep:
    i think that we are in the same situation because on top if those a-levels that you saw i might actually do Italian as well but might change it for history because 5 a-levels is asking for a suicide...
    Yeh I was doing biology chemistry maths and physics.. Then I decided to do german as well ( thinking that there would be lots of overlap with maths and physics so I could do 5 - also german is a language so not too much revision) but then I realised that there really aren't many benefits of doing 5 and they don't outweigh the work load..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I want to do medicine lol but don't want to get my heart too set in it.. Soooo competitive it's ridiculous maybe chemistry..

Yeh I'm doing an EPQ as well.. yeh I decided I mucchh preferred german to physics (by far my least favourite science)

We sound pretty similar haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I was doing biology chemistry maths and physics.. Then I decided to do german as well ( thinking that there would be lots of overlap with maths and physics so I could do 5 - also german is a language so not too much revision) but then I realised that there really aren't many benefits of doing 5 and they don't outweigh the work load..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    that's exactly what i thought, good luck with ur results btw. Have you got ani resources at the moment, to help you on your a-levels..

ReputationRep:
    that's exactly what i thought, good luck with ur results btw. Have you got ani resources at the moment, to help you on your a-levels..
    Haha cheers good luck to you too what are you predicted?? No not yet.. I've been trying to look some websites up..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatz07)
    Are you going to do Medicine or dentistry with those A-levels?
    I'm thinking of doing one of them
    My A levels are: Biology, Chemistry, Maths, History and Extended Project
    I don't like Physics

Jatz
    you practically have the same a-levels as me, i was also planning to go into medicine

ReputationRep:
    Haha cheers good luck to you too what are you predicted?? No not yet.. I've been trying to look some websites up..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All As and 2 A* but might get higher than that. You?

ReputationRep:
    All As and 2 A* but might get higher than that. You?
    8 A*s and 3 As... But I think my teachers overestimate me haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    8 A*s and 3 As... But I think my teachers overestimate me haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    feels like i just received a slap at my face when i saw ur perdictions,pretty good, im hoping to reach 5 A*:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Awesome man. How many GCSEs are you doing? What grades are you aiming for?
    What uni's are you thinking of?

I want to do medicine or dentistry too... but most likely medicine?

Jatz
    I'm doing about 9 gcses.
    aiming for 5 A* although i'm predicted 2. I am currently aiming at ucl,imperial and maybe oxford>(but i'm saying oxford because i know that in my a-levels i am going to work a lot harder).YOU?

ReputationRep:
    Awesome man... I'm aiming for 7A* , but we will see how it goes next month

I would choose cambridge rather than oxford because the problem with oxford is that they base GCSE Results more significant than predicted A2 grades for medicine... plus 70-80% of applicants have majority A*s in gcse, and gcse plays a big part in interview!

Cambridge is definitely an option for you though Just concentrate on getting high ums at A level, gcse's aren't significant as much as A levels apart from oxford

Jatz
    Yeah, i have heard, but what other uni's have you got in mind

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.