Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA Economics Unit 4 11th June 2013 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadster)
    You could remark both? If your overall grade goes up you should get all the money refunded
    I don't have the money for both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanS94)
    I don't have the money for both
    In that case...which do you think you was marked harshly? If unsure, go for unit4 imo

ReputationRep:
    My unit 2 resit and 4 i did terribly! I got my University place but i'm so bugged about my result for it... it's making me want to stay another year to improve it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ih094)
    My unit 2 resit and 4 i did terribly! I got my University place but i'm so bugged about my result for it... it's making me want to stay another year to improve it
    My unit 4 was awful as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Econ1- 83
    Econ2- 93
    Econ3- 82
    Econ4- 71 meh
    Total- 329 (A)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ih094)
    literally in the exact same dilemma but i did ocr economics, i don't get how i did so bad.

ReputationRep:
    How many UMS was it overall for each grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romahen)
    literally in the exact same dilemma but i did ocr economics, i don't get how i did so bad.
    It's pissing me off so much! I think it's just the sense of personal fulfillment isn't there and i wanted to leave for Uni without any potential regrets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ih094)
    how many ums was it overall for each grades?
    320 - a
    280 - b
    240 - c
    200 - d

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else feel like it was pretty harshly marked? My whole year bombed it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scratchyjam)
    Not as harshly marked as January...I got an E then

ReputationRep:
    Not as harshly marked as January...I got an E then
    Was that for ECON3 or 4?

ReputationRep:
    Was that for ECON3 or 4?
    3 I got a B in my resit though so it's all good

ReputationRep:
    3 I got a B in my resit though so it's all good
    Really? I had no problem with the marking in ECON3, neither did the rest of my class. But this time no one improved. Highest mark was 83 UMS and that was by a girl who was going to Oxford and before that I don't think she got lower than 95 in any of the other 3 exams!

Well done on the improvement by the way!

ReputationRep:
    Really? I had no problem with the marking in ECON3, neither did the rest of my class. But this time no one improved. Highest mark was 83 UMS and that was by a girl who was going to Oxford and before that I don't think she got lower than 95 in any of the other 3 exams!

Well done on the improvement by the way!
    Thank you.
    Maybe this summer you got the harsh marker I got in January?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you.
    Maybe this summer you got the harsh marker I got in January?? :confused:
    Haha yeah maybe. Wish you got a little bit of feedback with your exam paper saying where you went wrong, especially for essay-based subjects.

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah maybe. Wish you got a little bit of feedback with your exam paper saying where you went wrong, especially for essay-based subjects.
    Omg yes that would be sooo useful!

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Econ4 was HARSHLY marked (in my opinion), lots of C/D's in the year in this unit.

ReputationRep:
    90 - unit1
    90 - unit2
    72 - unit3
    67- unit4
    319 total... So annoyed, remarking unit4 in the hope that I'll pick up one UMS somewhere
    Oh damn :eek:

I'm on EXACTLY the same UMS as you, 319. I've sent for a priority remark for Unit 4. I thought I did so much better

ReputationRep:
    80 - unit1
    100 - unit2
    87 - unit3
    55 - unit4

Doesn't add up right. Thought I did so much better in unit 4 than unit 2 aswell

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.