Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Koscielny was so up for this game. Noticed that he was furious and had some off the ball words with RVP after his lunge on Mertesacker that RVP seemed unhappy about. Dont think he likes RVP very much(remember seeing a video just before RVP left where he was showing them a trick where Kosc was basically just eyeballing RVP and refusing to participate)

Mertesacker made a crazy number of interceptions and Kosc won all his 1v1s all day. Both were very very clued up on aerial threats.

The game showed Ramsey at his best mainly. Will admit that I sometimes go overboard on Ramsey sometimes but he is genuinely the hardest working Arsenal player in years. Similar to Norwich/Everton/Fulham, he was all over the opposition. But offensively I thought he once again slowed the game down and didnt really threaten to do anything threatening once he got forward. But I guess that was Cazorla/Rosicky's responsibility more than his. overall he was very good.

Agree on Sagna that he's just sloppy these days. He was once our most dependable and focused player but now he just slows the play up offensively, or just hoofs the ball , and is liable to do stupid **** at the back. I'm a huge fan of Jenkinson but he's extremely raw. Ideally we'd get 7m-ish for Sagna and reinvest in a new RB.

Podolski struggled today but I like him as a player. He's scored some important goals, has very good assists considering his limited playing time. For me, he's neither a striker or a winger but an old fashioned inside forward. Handy player to have.
    Got any YouTube linkfor kosc vpersie tension u mentioned ?
    Always thought kosc was a nice gentle Guy!
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    Got any YouTube linkfor kosc vpersie tension u mentioned ?
    Always thought kosc was a nice gentle Guy!
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Days after RVP's statement and Koscielny doesnt seem to be particularly playful with RVP...

Must admit my eyes were following RVP for large parts of the game, and Kosc just approached him and had a little mini rant that seemed quite threatening judging from RVP's reaction...

ReputationRep:

Days after RVP's statement and Koscielny doesnt seem to be particularly playful with RVP...

Must admit my eyes were following RVP for large parts of the game, and Kosc just approached him and had a little mini rant that seemed quite threatening judging from RVP's reaction...
    That video just shows kosc looking bored! Probably because he's got to hang out with the team rejects djouro and chamak
    By statement is it the one with VP saying he essentially wanted to leave? Wouldn't be surprised then if kosc was pissed with him

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Zurich I don't see why your so harsh on Ramsey. Yes he's a limited player but so was Parlour and he's similar to him. He'll run into the ground for us and if he had more composure he would be a really special player to have. I used to have a similar view to you but come to think of it a Ramsey-Wilshere midfield for the next 10 years? :coma:

ReputationRep:
    pretty much sums it up. But in fairness Rio/Evans/Rafeal played out of their skin and with Podolski finding his feet up front, we were always going to struggle to score.

Fact of the matter is that we have some average players in key positions at the minute and have done all season.

he definitely can and scored 20 odd Bundesloga goals there for Koln last season. Very hard for him just to slot in and start filling his boots against United, especially when he's barely played for 3 months.
    Frustrates me that even when they hardly turn up we still come off looking 2nd best and can't win but it's claimed to be a 'good point' also had more than enough of fighting for top 4 birth and while I realise it's important in the financial stakes I still really struggle to care about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    Frustrates me that even when they hardly turn up we still come off looking 2nd best and can't win but it's claimed to be a 'good point' also had more than enough of fighting for top 4 birth and while I realise it's important in the financial stakes I still really struggle to care about it
    lol see what happens this summer, think of this season and the last season as simply ones where we raised a bit of money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    lol see what happens this summer, think of this season and the last season as simply ones where we raised a bit of money.
    How many years have we been waiting for a big summer ? It is ground hog year mate go out the CL and FA cup in the same week in march or February and then scrape into top 4 in last few weeks then do the bare minimum to preserve top 4 status in the summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Zurich I don't see why your so harsh on Ramsey. Yes he's a limited player but so was Parlour and he's similar to him. He'll run into the ground for us and if he had more composure he would be a really special player to have. I used to have a similar view to you but come to think of it a Ramsey-Wilshere midfield for the next 10 years? :coma:
    I'm harsh on Ramsey often but I also lavish praise on him. Ive always said that he had a place in the squad and was invaluable as a Parlour type of workhorse but I just cant believe it when people praise Ramsey to the rafters for attributes he doesnt posses. He was cracking today, fantastic against Norwich/Everton/Fulham but the flip side of having a high energy runner like Ramsey is that we're not as crisp or dangerous going forward. I think the issue is that people arent even happy to see Ramsey praised as a hard working grafter but insist on pretending that he's some kind of classy, defense splitting playmaker when he's not.

Also Ramsey was genuinely very poor for a large part of this season. Maybe he was scapegoated at times but he needed to improve. Im glad to see that he has done so alot.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting fact next year that will be 10 years for arsenal without a trophy

From what I heard on the radio arsenal did well in the first half then their form slipped

Maybe arsenal would be a better team if they hadn't have sold henry ljunberg etc..they wouldn't be playing many matches but they'd be able to guide the younger kids just like we have giggs and scholes they provide the team with mental strength on the pitch

I've been a captain of my team before and providing motivation changes a teams performance albeit im not the best player I just encourage everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggy)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    would be interesting if it was true yeah

ReputationRep:
    I'm harsh on Ramsey often but I also lavish praise on him. Ive always said that he had a place in the squad and was invaluable as a Parlour type of workhorse but I just cant believe it when people praise Ramsey to the rafters for attributes he doesnt posses. He was cracking today, fantastic against Norwich/Everton/Fulham but the flip side of having a high energy runner like Ramsey is that we're not as crisp or dangerous going forward. I think the issue is that people arent even happy to see Ramsey praised as a hard working grafter but insist on pretending that he's some kind of classy, defense splitting playmaker when he's not.

Also Ramsey was genuinely very poor for a large part of this season. Maybe he was scapegoated at times but he needed to improve. Im glad to see that he has done so alot.
    Finally some sense.

ReputationRep:

That responsibility falls on the front three, who for the majority of the season have been really poor. I don't see how Ramsey not playing well has any connection to how those in front of him play. Cazorla was poor today and we don't have a recognised striker. Maybe that has something to do with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggy)

From what I heard on the radio arsenal did well in the first half then their form slipped

Maybe arsenal would be a better team if they hadn't have sold henry ljunberg etc..they wouldn't be playing many matches but they'd be able to guide the younger kids just like we have giggs and scholes they provide the team with mental strength on the pitch

I've been a captain of my team before and providing motivation changes a teams performance albeit im not the best player I just encourage everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
    9 years mate, what you're maybe thinking is it will be 10 years since we last won the league?

ReputationRep:
    pretty much sums it up. But in fairness Rio/Evans/Rafeal played out of their skin and with Podolski finding his feet up front, we were always going to struggle to score.

Fact of the matter is that we have some average players in key positions at the minute and have done all season.

he definitely can and scored 20 odd Bundesloga goals there for Koln last season. Very hard for him just to slot in and start filling his boots against United, especially when he's barely played for 3 months.
    He played as a second striker for Koln behind big man Novakovic not upfront as a lone striker. You clearly need a physical presence upfront especially when you're playing with two wingers not to mention you were a very small side today apart from your two centre backs.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...terest-1858014

Interesting... then again it is the Daily Mirror, rofl. Good alternative to hot summer target Lewandowski, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    That responsibility falls on the front three, who for the majority of the season have been really poor. I don't see how Ramsey not playing well has any connection to how those in front of him play. Cazorla was poor today and we don't have a recognised striker. Maybe that has something to do with it.
    Ramsey's role at the start of the season was quite different to what he's been doing recently. In forward positions he contributes little, frequently slowing down the play, moving too little or just not providing any cutting edge. That's OK. But if Ramsey is the new Arteta then we cant afford to play Arteta imo. Today we had Cazorla playing quite poorly(and hes been poor for a month or so really) so fair enough but more generally our midfield play has gone downhill hugely since Fabregas left. Arteta is the player I think we should have replaced today for Wilshere as Ramsey/Wilshere/Rosicky could work quite well I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...terest-1858014

Interesting... then again it is the Daily Mirror, rofl. Good alternative to hot summer target Lewandowski, no?
    not good enough for arsenal first 11, at best he's a bench player

ReputationRep:
    Does no one think that cazorla should play down the center? Hes been poor ever since we put him out in the wide areas

(Original post by sevchenko)
    not good enough for arsenal first 11, at best he's a bench player
    hes better than giroud though plus hes got pace which we need

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    This seems to be a cheap argument, if a common-used one, against Wenger. People said as we were signing Cazorla that "he can't be that great, otherwise why aren't bigger clubs in for him?" The answer was partly that other big clubs already had indisplacable players in the AM position (Silva, Mata, Kagawa just signed by Utd, also Rooney to play behind RVP, Ozil). Often players are also underrated. Wenger's signings should be judged on their performances, not on how much the media was able to dramatise the transfer process or how large the fee was.
    I think its pretty obvious that Cazorla is the exception - he was an absolute steal. Probably not as good as Mata which is the player we should have bought, but nevertheless I love Santi and think Wenger did brilliantly snapping him up. However my point still stands - why has no-one else been in for players like Mertesacker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Does no one think that cazorla should play down the center? Hes been poor ever since we put him out in the wide areas

hes better than giroud though plus hes got pace which we need
    The good thing is, we have two capable CAMs in Rosicky and Cazorla, so we should be rotating more next season - Cazorla has probably played every single match. I reckon Wenger just loves Cazorla so much he'd be prepared to play him at centre-back just as long as his twinkle toes are on the pitch. You spanish beauty! :sogood:

Not too disappointed with today's game. Only watched the first half before I had to go, and thought we (unusually) started off very strong. Such a shame we lost our lead to such an unnecessary mistake, but even then I think Sagna went in on that rash tackles because he, like the rest of the team were properly up for it which is fantastic to see.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.