Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Any updates in the manhunt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chindits)
    Take it up with the scholar reading from the Qu'ran and hadiths.

It's there in black and white - the word of god. "Keep fighting the unbelievers until the day of judgement"
    Even if we take this literally, the Muslim has to decide the means of execution (bombing), the place of bombing (Boston Marathon), the time of bombing (Marathon) and the people to be killed. There are no blue prints to this found in Islam, the Muslim has to do this himself. He/She has to form an opinion, a motive, some form of rationale independently. In other words, intent to kill is independent of Islam as Islam provides no instructions. Islam is not the common denominator here and anyone with the ability to keep breathing cannot deny this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nm786)
    Chindits has been posting **** for the last five hours and you've done nothing about it. wth?
    At the end of the day, he is entitled to his opinion, no? No matter how much of a bigot he seems to be
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by nm786)
    Chindits has been posting **** for the last five hours and you've done nothing about it. what's going on?
    Any inflammatory behaviour in this thread is being dealt with via the usual channels. If there are posts which you believe have not been acted on appropriately, please submit a post report.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexandrTheGreat)
    What are you blathering on about? I believe in secular humanism and Western democracy, and vigorously oppose beardy sky man adherents who go around bombing people, chopping off heads and generally killing anyone who looks a bit gay.

Nice to see you're so enamoured with theocratic fascists.
    Comig from the person who dislikes Islam?

ReputationRep:
    1739: The police official says investigators are developing new leads and that authorities will carry out a "controlled explosion" soon.

"Airstrike incoming"

Wow.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    Developments: "Woman is texting her mother than she is being held by a man with a gun", "A person is being held there by gunpoint."

Could be another false trail.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a working scanner?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enoch.)
    At the end of the day, he is entitled to his opinion, no? No matter how much of a bigot he seems to be
    yes but there's a clear difference between an opinion and complete nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notnek)
    Developments: "Woman is texting her mother than she is being held by a man with a gun", "A person is being held there by gunpoint."

Could be another false trail.
    What news site are you following? I'm giving up on BBC live feed, they just keep repeating the same old stuff, barely been any new info in the past 3 hours
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ma-rt-9-window-cam

Hope it's OK to post the link. I doubt the manhunt will be impacted by some Brits on TSR.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    Also, this is good for updates:

http://www.reddit.com/r/news/comment..._unofficial_4/

ReputationRep:
    Controlled explosion will be carried out at the brother's house in Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ma-rt-9-window-cam

Hope it's OK to post the link. I doubt the manhunt will be impacted by some Brits on TSR.
    Thanks for risking your freedom for our convenience.

ReputationRep:
    Where are the reddit updates getting their soruces from?
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by itsmyname)
    Where are the reddit updates getting their soruces from?
    From the link I gave above the reddit updates post.

ReputationRep:
    so they are from Chechnya. Highly probably, in fact almost certain, they are Muslims too.

ReputationRep:
    From the link I gave above the reddit updates post.
    I meant where is reddit getting it's updates from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamgreatness)
    so they are from Chechnya. Highly probably, in fact almost certain, they are Muslims too.
    It has been confirmed they are Muslim.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by itsmyname)
    I meant where is reddit getting it's updates from
    That's what I meant also. The Reddit thread is getting it's updates from the Boston police scanner.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.