Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmmalou)
    Does anybody know what proportion of applicants get interviews?
    And how likely you are to get a place if you get an interview?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...etition_ratios

All the details are in that link for every uni.

ReputationRep:
    Got my interview tomorrow at 11am, kinda worried because I had a mock interview the other day. The guy said I was quite good but that my answer for why medicine makes it seems quite weak and the fact that I have never shadowed a doctor puts it at a disadvantage.

I know how to answer any questions about King's being a 3rd year biomed at King's and ethical questions don't scare me much, it's just trying to justify why I still want to do medicine despite not shadowing a doctor that scares me so much.

I just hope I can stay confident throughout the interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnJuM218)
    Got my interview tomorrow at 11am, kinda worried because I had a mock interview the other day. The guy said I was quite good but that my answer for why medicine makes it seems quite weak and the fact that I have never shadowed a doctor puts it at a disadvantage.

I know how to answer any questions about King's being a 3rd year biomed at King's and ethical questions don't scare me much, it's just trying to justify why I still want to do medicine despite not shadowing a doctor that scares me so much.

Good luck! Just stay calm and hopefully it'll go smoothly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solarplexus)
    hurry up kings, i sent my application on the 12th september 10A*s gcse AAAAA stunning ps but lower ukcat (725)
    I'm sure with those stats you'll hear in good time. Is that a typo? In the Barts thread I thought I remembered you getting over 800 in your UKCAT? But either way with 10 A*s I'm sure anything over 710-ish is safe. How's prep for your Bart's interview going?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone , out of interest, has anyone heard back this week, or do we think they have given out all the pre Christmas invites?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ahhh that's early!! good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BAZ1NGA)
    Hi everyone , out of interest, has anyone heard back this week, or do we think they have given out all the pre Christmas invites?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The week just started

ReputationRep:
    Touché :P, I was just getting anxious haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't heard yet either. What are your stats, if you don't mind sharing?

ReputationRep:
    Hello all, good luck to everyone! I was just wondering what my chances are of a King's interview: 13A*s GCSE, AAAA at AS, I was quite happy with my PS, the only thing I am worried about is my UKCAT- 710. I know it's above average but tbh I think King's seem to put a lot of emphasis on it as every interview offer I have seen so far is people getting 750+. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovelycup7)
    I'm sure with those stats you'll hear in good time. Is that a typo? In the Barts thread I thought I remembered you getting over 800 in your UKCAT? But either way with 10 A*s I'm sure anything over 710-ish is safe. How's prep for your Bart's interview going?
    lol solarplexus lied then????

ReputationRep:
    what time of the day do they actually send the invites out on myportal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foilgrass)
    lol solarplexus lied then????
    I'm sure it was a typo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nakedferret1108)
    Hello all, good luck to everyone! I was just wondering what my chances are of a King's interview: 13A*s GCSE, AAAA at AS, I was quite happy with my PS, the only thing I am worried about is my UKCAT- 710. I know it's above average but tbh I think King's seem to put a lot of emphasis on it as every interview offer I have seen so far is people getting 750+. Any ideas?
    I've got an interview at King's with 740. I have two friends who also have interviews and one has 720 and the other 700. Don't worry bro, you'll hopefully be part of one of the interview cycles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    I haven't heard yet either. What are your stats, if you don't mind sharing?
    8a*s 2a's at gcse , 807 band 2 UKCAT, 4a's at as, predicted 4 a*s at a2, yourself? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tee Logan x)
    Good luck! Just stay calm and hopefully it'll go smoothly

(Original post by Kitnimohabbathai)
    ahhh that's early!! good luck!!
    Thanks guys. At least by being early I could be a bit more helpful for those who still have yet to be interviewed and explain what to expect without giving too many details.

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview at King's with 740. I have two friends who also have interviews and one has 720 and the other 700. Don't worry bro, you'll hopefully be part of one of the interview cycles.
    Thanks man, that makes me feel a bit better. Do you think it's just random selection then? There seems to be no real order to the offers e.g., some people still have no interview invitations with 800+ UKCAT or 10A*+ GCSEs etc.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you lol aaah i see, well dw i'm sure your offer will come soon, hopefully! *fingers crossed*

ReputationRep:
    8a*s 2a's at gcse , 807 band 2 UKCAT, 4a's at as, predicted 4 a*s at a2, yourself? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    9 A* 2 As. 800 UKCAT Band 2 and the same a levels as you :-)

I think they MAY be inviting lower UKCATs first. High GCSEs + Low UKCATS first, then in jan maybe we'll get our interviews (fingers crossed)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    9 A* 2 As. 800 UKCAT Band 2 and the same a levels as you :-)

I think they MAY be inviting lower UKCATs first. High GCSEs + Low UKCATS first, then in jan maybe we'll get our interviews (fingers crossed)
    Haha that's encouraging that there are other people in the same position as us. And yeah, i hope so

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.