Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evie2014)
    Thank you! You too! If it hasn't changed within two weeks, ring up the uni - it took 9 days for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! That's really reassuring!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, well done to you too! haha so we'd probably be in the same lectures then, I assume! Not quite sure how it works for joint honours yet I firmed nine days after I got my offer, and it took about 9 days to turn to an unconditional on my track, but when I rang the uni they said to leave up to two weeks, then if it still hasn't changed, then contact them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, thank you! Yes we would haha, I'm also doing joint honours (but with American and Canadian Studies) and they said on the open day they are taught as seperate classes, so you're in with other joint honours and people taking straight english! But they will explain it all on the applicant visit day I presume. What date are you going?

ReputationRep:
    Chuffed with conditional offer for Biological Sciences!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biomagic)
    Chuffed with conditional offer for Biological Sciences!
    Well done

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Any computer science applicants that have been/are going to applicant visit day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena_Laleak)
    Thank you! That's really reassuring!
    No worries, I was really concerned too!! It's just the uni has to allow the 7 day grace period when you can change your mind, then they take up to a week after that to get onto the system and manually change your offer to an unconditional

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xkatiemariee)
    Ah, thank you! Yes we would haha, I'm also doing joint honours (but with American and Canadian Studies) and they said on the open day they are taught as seperate classes, so you're in with other joint honours and people taking straight english! But they will explain it all on the applicant visit day I presume. What date are you going?
    Ah cool, good to know about other joint honours students!! The whole joint hours system can be a bit confusing! I'm booked into the one on February 5th you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iLayton)
    I wouldn't worry too much.. My friend, who is studying Civil Engineering at Birmingham this year, had and offer of AAB, he ended up with ABC and still got in! If you're only a grade short, you will still have a good chance of getting in

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, I just looked at the course online and I forgot requirements were A*AA-AAB so I guess it makes sense why I got an offer higher than my predicted grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni182)
    Well done
    Thanks
    What have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on your unconditional! I've also go one for English Lit I was thinking of firming, when you do firm, how long did it take them to change it from a conditional to unconditional?
    How do you know that it will change if you firm it?

ReputationRep:
    I have just received a conditional offer for Computer Science with an Industrial Year. As I am a foreign student I received the following sentence considering my level in English:Pass an English test approved by this institution. I have obtaned a CAE with B and CPE with C. According to their website this is enough, but still none of my classmates have anything like that in their offers. So does this mean I would have to take an IELTS or TOEFL?

ReputationRep:
    I just got an offer for Law with Criminology ☺️
    Is anyone going to the AVD on 5th of match to the law school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    What have you applied for?
    Firmed an unconditional for sociology and social policy xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi, is anyone here going to an applicant day (for English) and travelling from London?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kgooding)
    How do you know that it will change if you firm it?
    When you get an offer as part of the Unconditional Scheme, it tells you in your offer requirements that if you firm Birmingham, it will automatically be changed to unconditional.

ReputationRep:
    Ah cool, good to know about other joint honours students!! The whole joint hours system can be a bit confusing! I'm booked into the one on February 5th you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I agree, it doesn't help that it's so different at every university! Ah, I'm going to the one on March 19th! Have you applied for your accommodation yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miri321)
    Hi, is anyone here going to an applicant day (for English) and travelling from London?
    What day? i'm on the outskirts of london!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni182)
    Firmed an unconditional for sociology and social policy xx
    Ahh that's wicked! Congratulations girl!!!

ReputationRep:
    Just got an unconditional for English Lit and American&Canadian Studies with Year Abroad AHHH!
    Congrats!
    Has anyone got an unconditional for English and American Literate (QT3R)? And who is going on the 5th Feb for the applicant day?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh that's wicked! Congratulations girl!!!
    congrats to you too are you going to firm yours? xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.