Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pixiedustfairy)
    me!
    Oh thats good :0, how are your AS levels coming along? If you don't mind me asking what was your GCSE profile? Either way, I doubt our results till now matter much, from what I have seen most of the admission is based on MAT...

ReputationRep:
    University Accommodation:

In case anyone wanted to get a better idea of the kinds of rooms available at Oxford, I've made a short room tour video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwsyUbd9GCQ.

I'm a first year at Merton, but having been around a number of friends' rooms in other colleges I can say they aren't exactly the same but of a similar quality, and you might get lucky and get an ensuite!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enaayrah)
    If I apply to Oxford instead of Cambridge, I will be applying for Biochemistry, but I guess they're somewhat related

How are your super curriculars so far?
    what are you doing here :unimpressed:

(Original post by C0balt)
      what are you doing here :unimpressed:
      Trying to get the best of both worlds

I'm just considering all my options

What made you stumble onto here?

ReputationRep:
      Trying to get the best of both worlds

I'm just considering all my options

What made you stumble onto here?
      :unimpressed:
      The thread popped up on the front page
      Spoiler:
      Show

I actually posted on this thread before too :oops:

The thread popped up on the front page
        Spoiler:
        Show

I actually posted on this thread before too :oops:

Which course were you looking at?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Teddysmith123)
        Hi I was wondering if anyone is going to be sitting the elat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
        Hey I will be hopefully! Have you seen the mini-paper on Oxbridge Applications site? I tried it earlier today...soo hard. How will you be preparing over the summer? I thought I would just read loads; so hard to know what to do.

ReputationRep:

Which course were you looking at?
        Initially physics and then chemistry... :getmecoat:
        I can't think of anything other than NatSci at the moment though, will see how I feel after results day and A2 start lol

Initially physics and then chemistry... :getmecoat:
          I can't think of anything other than NatSci at the moment though, will see how I feel after results day and A2 start lol
          Yeah same here. I'm trying to stay calm about it all but it's difficult

ReputationRep:
          Yeah same here. I'm trying to stay calm about it all but it's difficult
          I don't even know what to think of some of my exams
          I'm now just too tired I haven't done a single paper since Friday lol I have M1 and D1 to do though

I don't even know what to think of some of my exams
            I'm now just too tired I haven't done a single paper since Friday lol I have M1 and D1 to do though
            I think you deserve a break anyway
            Do something you love, get some good sleep and start afresh again. You'll feel much better

ReputationRep:
            I think you deserve a break anyway
            Do something you love, get some good sleep and start afresh again. You'll feel much better
            Today consisted of sitting on my sofa Skyping and watching YouTube
            I've been feeling absolutely crap since my FP1 exam yesterday and this hasn't helped lol

Today consisted of sitting on my sofa Skyping and watching YouTube
              I've been feeling absolutely crap since my FP1 exam yesterday and this hasn't helped lol
              :console: I remember feeling something similar after the C2 exam, but I told myself that I can't let one exam put me down and cause my other exams to go badly as well. Try to clear your head and remember that it's only one unit out of like 10. You'll be okay, I promise

ReputationRep:
              :console: I remember feeling something similar after the C2 exam, but I told myself that I can't let one exam put me down and cause my other exams to go badly as well. Try to clear your head and remember that it's only one unit out of like 10. You'll be okay, I promise
              :jumphug:
              Yesterday's weather didn't help either. It was 33 degrees here and the air conditioner on the bus from school was broken and they did't have a window that could be opened lol. It was a living hell and drained all my energy It was a mentally and physically draining day

:jumphug:
                Yesterday's weather didn't help either. It was 33 degrees here and the air conditioner on the bus from school was broken and they did't have a window that could be opened lol. It was a living hell and drained all my energy It was a mentally and physically draining day
                When I'm feeling atrociously warm (which is rare given Britain), I like to imagine that I'm walking barefeet on snow It instantly cools me down.

And I can only imagine, let this day be a nice, cool rest and you can get right back up tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
                When I'm feeling atrociously warm (which is rare given Britain), I like to imagine that I'm walking barefeet on snow It instantly cools me down.

And I can only imagine, let this day be a nice, cool rest and you can get right back up tomorrow!
                On that bus imagination was impossible. Only thought was hot and swear words :rofl:

Yeah I hope I can get back to working tomorrow :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
                Oooooom.....

ReputationRep:
                Aren't Oxford open days just drop in sessions rather than formal booking?

ReputationRep:
                what do you think the lowest gcse grades are that can get you into oxford??

ReputationRep:
                (Original post by antigone-)
                Aren't Oxford open days just drop in sessions rather than formal booking?
                Ohm yea

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
              What newspaper do you read/prefer?
            • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
              Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.