Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    You were probably better off playing 4-3-3, getting extra protection in the midfield and staying solid Arteta would then be able to drop deep as a 3rd CB while Oxlade Chamberlain and Flamini push up, with Ox doing the ramsey role and Flamini acting as the ball winner, Podolski should have started some more of these big games as he's direct and Cazorla/Ozil play on the right wing as you'd struggle to create much chances without any of those two on the pitch. Probably use Cazorla so he can whip in some early crosses into Giroud.

It wouldn't be the most pleasing football, but would have prevented an embarrassment away from home.
    In fairness I've just rewatched the goals and it's probably as simple as playing gnabry over cazorla (far better work rate and natural width) and telling the fullbacks to sit deeper.

It's hard to account for some of the stupidity of ox and cazorla in that game but ox had some really good performances there prior to the game so it's hard to blame wenger for that selection in particular.

Cazorla made the exact same mistake at least 3 times I can remember last season resulting in goals

Chelsea were extremely clinical though so if you repeated the game even in the exact same setup it's unlikely ud see that scoreline

It's remarkable how professional footballers can show so little tactical intelligence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    In fairness I've just rewatched the goals and it's probably as simple as playing gnabry over cazorla (far better work rate and natural width) and telling the fullbacks to sit deeper.

It's hard to account for some of the stupidity of ox and cazorla in that game but ox had some really good performances there prior to the game so it's hard to blame wenger for that selection in particular.

Cazorla made the exact same mistake at least 3 times I can remember last season resulting in goals

Chelsea were extremely clinical though so if you repeated the game even in the exact same setup it's unlikely ud see that scoreline

It's remarkable how professional footballers can show so little tactical intelligence.
    That's true. That would have prevented us from scoring as many, but then how would you score? It's not like Gnabry will strike fear into Chelsea's defence and teams have tried the width tactic on us. It doesn't work unless we push men forward. Which we only did in risk free situations.

But yeah Cazorla isn't a winger, said it before and said it again. His position is in the middle, Wenger knew he's ****ed up with that so he bought Sanchez. Always thought while Gervinho was dodgy he added another dimension to Arsenals attack.

ReputationRep:
    That's true. That would have prevented us from scoring as many, but then how would you score? It's not like Gnabry will strike fear into Chelsea's defence and teams have tried the width tactic on us. It doesn't work unless we push men forward. Which we only did in risk free situations.

But yeah Cazorla isn't a winger, said it before and said it again. His position is in the middle, Wenger knew he's ****ed up with that so he bought Sanchez. Always thought while Gervinho was dodgy he added another dimension to Arsenals attack.
    we wouldn't of scored but we posed no threat apart from 2 minutes in playing this attacking setup anyway

our only realistic scoring opportunities in the game would be from a long range podolski effort/set piece instead we completely played in to chelseas hands.

we had players available for a high work rate defensive setup (flamini, rosicky, gnabry, ox) and if we wanted to play ox in a b2b role we could of just approached the game similar to dortmund or in a reactive way. Rather than putting the onus on chelsea and seeing how many men you committed forward in the initial stages of the game wenger did mourinhos job for him instead and had the fullbacks playing as wingers with only 1 deep lying midfielder to cover the two chelsea counterparts breaking past him

if he wanted the fullbacks to play like that then he also should of asked rosicky and chamberlain to both play deeper as well to compensate for it

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe some of you actually didn't realise that wilshere pic was a pisstake

ReputationRep:
    Say what u want but wilshere is gonna have a ******** of a time getting in to the team. The downside for him is when Ramsey needed games they were available because we didnt really have that many players but now we have alot of players who can play that position.

Wilshere needs to move to the wing IMO and develop there. His attributes would be better suited there or **** it when iniesta retires hire him as a coach for our wingers or some ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You guys should drop Ozil, buy a proper DM, and start playing 4-3-3. Sanchez and Walcott to tear some shiz up.

If me was the Arsenal manager, i'd be like:

- Ozil and Cazorla, you too lazy, get it together. Learn how to play CM, and I might consider putting you back in the team.
    - Wilshere stop falling over, get it together.
    - Ramsey, keep doing what you're doing. But don't fall over like Jack does.
    - Sanchez, do some crazy shiz on their asses.
    - Walcott, learn to cross boy. Then do some crazy shiz on their asses.
    - Jackson Martinez, come score some goals for us. If you can't manage it, we'll just have to resort to Joel Campbell to do some crazy shiz on their asses. He's bad-ass.
    - Khedira or Kung Fu Jong or that short bald guy from Argentina, come do some tackles for us.
    - Oi scouts, find me a right back. Not Kolo Toure.
    - Mertesacker, you too lazy, run faster plz.
    - Oi medical team, you're fired. We'll stick with the NHS, even they're better than you.

4-2-3-1 sucks, your midfielders are much better suited to a 4-3-3. Except Cazorla and Ozil.

ReputationRep:
    drunk?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terry McDermott)
    drunk?
    come on, it's 7:30pm on a Tuesday... No, I'm just retarded but I know what I'm talking about.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the post entirely. Especially the bit where he said that Walcott should learn how to cross.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the post entirely. Especially the bit where he said that Walcott should learn how to cross.
    If Walcott just adjusted his game and worked on a few things its scary how good he can be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I love this guy, so funny haha. Priceless player for this alone lol.

ReputationRep:
    actually would like to see cazorla play artetas role tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    u wot

say dat again

r u even srs

do u even football

Spoiler:
    Show

It'd be a giant catastrophe. His main strength is his technique and dribbling ability, he's prone to being robbed of the ball eg vs Chelsea, defensively weak, lightweight, poor in the air. You'd lose every game 5-1 or 6-0, not just the ones against the big teams

do u even lift

ReputationRep:
    I would too, preferrably against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    I would too, preferrably against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. :sogood:
    Jam, I am sure you actually spend more time on this thread than your own Chelsea thread. Sums up the mentality of Chelsea fans tbh, throwing piss everywhere like hooligans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.Almasy)
    Jam, I am sure you actually spend more time on this thread than your own Chelsea thread. Sums up the mentality of Chelsea fans tbh, throwing piss everywhere like hooligans.

ReputationRep:

Typical Chelsea fan, did not read because cannot read.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    God no. Lol that would be suicidal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terry McDermott)
    u wot

say dat again

r u even srs

do u even football

Spoiler:
    Show

It'd be a giant catastrophe. His main strength is his technique and dribbling ability, he's prone to being robbed of the ball eg vs Chelsea, defensively weak, lightweight, poor in the air. You'd lose every game 5-1 or 6-0, not just the ones against the big teams

do u even lift
    yeah idea got stupider the more i thought about it, not even gonna try and argue my point lol

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.