Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have 2 interviews for Manchester

Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry & Petroleum Engineering - yes I applied to 2 courses :P

If anyone could shed me some light on what the interviews are gonna be like, I would appreciate it

Good luck with studies!

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconditional today for English Language as I already have my grades. Manchester isn't my first choice but I just wanted to stick my head in and say congratulations/good luck to everyone and if there are any fellow Eng Language applicants/Linguists lurking I'd love to chat to you about where you're applying to etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faye_m)
    If u have an interview they basically want u! It's really informal. Just dress smart casual and be polite and brush up on some basic maths! But I mean like know each topic kind of and u will be fine! I screwed up my question but still got an offer
    What was the question u got ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsenal121)
    What was the question u got ?
    I'm afraid we can't let anyone answer this question, as it would give later interviewees an unfair adantage :no:

ReputationRep:
    Conditional offer manchester politics and philosophy anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    conditional offers for politics and international relations + philosophy and politics!!

ReputationRep:
    For Physics is it possible to take an unrelated module from another subject? I know economics modules are available but what about politics for example?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muonz)
    For Physics is it possible to take an unrelated module from another subject? I know economics modules are available but what about politics for example?
    From what friends have said, yes, but it's a bit of a pain administratively speaking and it can restrict your options in subsequent years, so few bother.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Conditional offer for Computer Science (no interview because I'm an international applicant) I need an A-level equivalent of A in further maths. I already have an A in computer science and an A in maths and an A in statistics.
    So happy!! They offered within 10 days of applying. Now all my other ones...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Nice, where are you moving from and what are you studying, if you don't mind me asking?
    no it's fine! I'm from East London and I planto study Law with Politics LLB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Osman95a)
    Conditional offer manchester politics and philosophy anyone else?
    High five, ME TOO!! Are you firming Manchester?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenn1995)
    Have you heard back from them yet? I have an offer for Drama. I found the interview process quite fun! They all seemed lovely
    Yes! Got my unconditional offer for English/Drama in November. Very pleased. I thought I'd ruined the interview but apparently not! Well done for getting an offer. X

ReputationRep:
    Possibly Im also waiting for kings to reply wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philosophyjunkie)
    no it's fine! I'm from East London and I planto study Law with Politics LLB.
    Oh cool, I'm just wondering where you're from? I'm quite familiar with the ethnic minorities/majorities in East London haha

Also if the thread creator sees this. Can ya put me down for firming "Engineering and Physical Sciences Foundation Year" TY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Oh cool, I'm just wondering where you're from? I'm quite familiar with the ethnic minorities/majorities in East London haha

Also if the thread creator sees this. Can ya put me down for firming "Engineering and Physical Sciences Foundation Year" TY
    ohoh haha. I'm from Sierra Leone, born in london though. and yourself?

ReputationRep:
    I've been given an interview but it's in March! Any one know why the interview date is given to me in March?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philosophyjunkie)
    ohoh haha. I'm from Sierra Leone, born in london though. and yourself?
    Oh right, I'm from Bangladesh which is why I was curious. Lived in London my whole life though. I'm in south london though aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luqman15)
    I've been given an interview but it's in March! Any one know why the interview date is given to me in March?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    mines in march too

ReputationRep:
    Accounting (BSc) or Accounting and Finance (BAEcon) anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeb123)
    Applying for Accounting & Finance!!

Hey, I've applied for the same course. As well as Accounting (BSc). Do you have any idea what the course may be like? I've been trying to find out anything about the course but I'm having no luck whatsoever!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.