The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
I have 2 interviews for Manchester

Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry & Petroleum Engineering - yes I applied to 2 courses :P

If anyone could shed me some light on what the interviews are gonna be like, I would appreciate it :biggrin:

Good luck with studies!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
I got an unconditional today for English Language as I already have my grades. Manchester isn't my first choice but I just wanted to stick my head in and say congratulations/good luck to everyone and if there are any fellow Eng Language applicants/Linguists lurking I'd love to chat to you about where you're applying to etc :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Faye_m
If u have an interview they basically want u! It's really informal. Just dress smart casual and be polite and brush up on some basic maths! But I mean like know each topic kind of and u will be fine! I screwed up my question but still got an offer

What was the question u got ?
Original post by Arsenal121
What was the question u got ?

I'm afraid we can't let anyone answer this question, as it would give later interviewees an unfair adantage :no:
Reply 884
Conditional offer manchester politics and philosophy anyone else?:smile:
Reply 885
conditional offers for politics and international relations + philosophy and politics!!
Reply 886
For Physics is it possible to take an unrelated module from another subject? I know economics modules are available but what about politics for example?
Original post by muonz
For Physics is it possible to take an unrelated module from another subject? I know economics modules are available but what about politics for example?

From what friends have said, yes, but it's a bit of a pain administratively speaking and it can restrict your options in subsequent years, so few bother.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 888
Conditional offer for Computer Science (no interview because I'm an international applicant) I need an A-level equivalent of A in further maths. I already have an A in computer science and an A in maths and an A in statistics.
So happy!! They offered within 10 days of applying. Now all my other ones...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Nice, where are you moving from and what are you studying, if you don't mind me asking?

no it's fine! I'm from East London and I planto study Law with Politics LLB. :smile:
Reply 890
Original post by Osman95a
Conditional offer manchester politics and philosophy anyone else?:smile:

High five, ME TOO!! Are you firming Manchester?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 891
Original post by laurenn1995
Have you heard back from them yet? I have an offer for Drama. I found the interview process quite fun! They all seemed lovely :smile:

Yes! Got my unconditional offer for English/Drama in November. Very pleased. I thought I'd ruined the interview but apparently not! Well done for getting an offer. X
Reply 892
Possibly Im also waiting for kings to reply wbu?
Reply 893
Original post by philosophyjunkie
no it's fine! I'm from East London and I planto study Law with Politics LLB. :smile:

Oh cool, I'm just wondering where you're from? I'm quite familiar with the ethnic minorities/majorities in East London haha

Also if the thread creator sees this. Can ya put me down for firming "Engineering and Physical Sciences Foundation Year" TY :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
Oh cool, I'm just wondering where you're from? I'm quite familiar with the ethnic minorities/majorities in East London haha

Also if the thread creator sees this. Can ya put me down for firming "Engineering and Physical Sciences Foundation Year" TY :biggrin:
ohoh haha. I'm from Sierra Leone, born in london though. and yourself?
I've been given an interview but it's in March! Any one know why the interview date is given to me in March?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 896
Original post by philosophyjunkie
ohoh haha. I'm from Sierra Leone, born in london though. and yourself?

Oh right, I'm from Bangladesh which is why I was curious. Lived in London my whole life though. I'm in south london though aha
Original post by luqman15
I've been given an interview but it's in March! Any one know why the interview date is given to me in March?

Posted from TSR Mobile

mines in march too
Reply 898
Accounting (BSc) or Accounting and Finance (BAEcon) anyone?
Reply 899
Original post by zeb123
Applying for Accounting & Finance!!

Hey, I've applied for the same course. As well as Accounting (BSc). Do you have any idea what the course may be like? I've been trying to find out anything about the course but I'm having no luck whatsoever!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending