The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Can tell it's not your night.

Or yours apparently if you can't work out what facts are lol. I didn't state the whole sentence was a fact or I would fact be fact, facts suggest more than one, I shouldn't have to explain something so simple.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
Arguably it was 4 horses last season?

Posted from TSR Mobile

3 at most. And that's been the most competitive season in ages!
Original post by manchesterunited15
You've gotta make that clear buddy, when you say 'vs' you generally mean the teams were playing each other

Fair enough, let's just leave it at that
Reply 883
Original post by AR_95
Arguably it was 4 horses last season?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i only remember 3... the big horse, the little horse and the chihuahua. And then Utd were the headless chickens.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cBay
i only remember 3... the big horse, the little horse and the chihuahua

Yeah, let's be honest Arsenal were never gonna win it
Reply 885
Original post by cBay
i only remember 3... the big horse, the little horse and the chihuahua

And the horse that stopped half way 😢

I cri everi tim

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
As much as were supposed to hate spurs, them taking Liverpool out of the top four would make my season

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everton doing it would be that little bit sweeter.
Training cancelled tomorrow so Mario can show everyone his premiership medal and let them see what one looks like.
Original post by AR_95
And the horse that stopped half way

I cri everi tim

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it because you get bullied by every other horse? You're like the Luke of the Premier League... I mean Lucio.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by balotelli12
Training cancelled tomorrow so Mario can show everyone his premiership medal and let them see what one looks like.

Originality 2/10 :rolleyes:
Original post by So Instinct
Is it because you get bullied by every other horse? You're like the Luke of the Premier League.

It's a sad moment when you're getting rekt by your own team's fans
Reply 891
Is it because you get bullied by every other horse? You're like the Luke of the Premier League.

That would be impossible. A team of Luke's would barely escape relegation zone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it 'Chan' or 'Can' or 'Kahn'?
Reply 893
Is it because you get bullied by every other horse? You're like the Luke of the Premier League... I mean Lucio.

hahaha, PRSOM
Rodgers used Allen because he wanted to keep possession. Without Suarez in the team we're not kamikaze and there's a lot more controlled build up with emphasis on trying one-twos and team moves in tight spaces. City defended well, especially Dimichelis, and we struggled to get through their wall. I don't think our team is technically good enough to tear through teams in that manner yet. We got a couple of half chances but nothing more really in the first half. Still comfortably the better team, and we really did play well. We weren't causing them too many problems but if we'd scored one, nobody would have said it was unfair. And Allen was a part of this, he kept the ball reasonably well and always offers an option. Never gives you penetration, but very good for keeping possession and just recycling it.

The problem with him is that when you go a goal down, you need attacking threat in your team, and Allen doesn't offer this even remotely. He's about as useless a counter-attack player as you can get and too often he slowed our attacks down, refused to play a riskier pass and just kept hold of the ball and played it backwards. I don't blame him, because playing risky passes is not his game, and he regularly flops at even slightly lower percentage passes, but he's not the player we need at all when looking to chase a game like against City. He was poor second half and we need an upgrade I think
Original post by AR_95
That would be impossible. A team of Luke's would barely escape relegation zone

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh United then.
Reply 896
Original post by Mackay

I call him Jackie Chan
Original post by Yesss I diddd
Rodgers used Allen because he wanted to keep possession. Without Suarez in the team we're not kamikaze and there's a lot more controlled build up with emphasis on trying one-twos and team moves in tight spaces. City defended well, especially Dimichelis, and we struggled to get through their wall. I don't think our team is technically good enough to tear through teams in that manner yet. We got a couple of half chances but nothing more really in the first half. Still comfortably the better team, and we really did play well. We weren't causing them too many problems but if we'd scored one, nobody would have said it was unfair. And Allen was a part of this, he kept the ball reasonably well and always offers an option. Never gives you penetration, but very good for keeping possession and just recycling it.

The problem with him is that when you go a goal down, you need attacking threat in your team, and Allen doesn't offer this even remotely. He's about as useless a counter-attack player as you can get and too often he slowed our attacks down, refused to play a riskier pass and just kept hold of the ball and played it backwards. I don't blame him, because playing risky passes is not his game, and he regularly flops at even slightly lower percentage passes, but he's not the player we need at all when looking to chase a game like against City. He was poor second half and we need an upgrade I think

tl;dr
Original post by Mackay

spelt Can ... pronounced Shan.
- Moreno was really solid bar that mistake - it's a shame about the first goal, but Christ, that's a lesson he needs to learn. It's a real, real quick league and you need to be on your guard and able to fulfil your potential.
- Can is a bit of a lump, isn't he? Seems a bit of a brute.
- Sterling was ineffectual for the majority, and the less said about Johnson and Mignolet the better. I was pleased with how we performed in the first-half and last fifteen minutes and I really liked Markovic's zeal when he came on. He looked really positive.

Quick Reply

Latest