Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry) Watch

Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by PotterPhysics)
Is there any way of getting around having to share a kitchen? I'll do anything!

Edit: Also, do you go there?
You could go for one of those off-campus student accommodation blocks which tend to be in Coventry or Earlsdon. Theres one called Liberty Park which has studio appartments that I know quite a few second and third year Warwick people go to but honestly I would highly recommend against this. Warwick has an amazing personal statement criteria to match people up so Im sure if you just express that you'd prefer to be in a smaller kitchen and that you prefer to spend time alone then they will try there best to accommodate this.
omar4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey can you recommend accommodation for postgrad?
I wud prefer an en suite but dnt mind sharing the kitchen and stuff. Also im going for msc management so near to the business school wud be nice but not necessary.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by omar4)
Hey can you recommend accommodation for postgrad?
I wud prefer an en suite but dnt mind sharing the kitchen and stuff. Also im going for msc management so near to the business school wud be nice but not necessary.
Heronbank or Lakeside
omar4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Age)
Heronbank or Lakeside
Do they give priority to postgrads or is it equally difficult for them to get in these two?
AMMFN
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tantheta)
Hey there!

I got a conditional offer for Economics It's my safety school, and I'm hoping to hear from my top choices, but I'm happy with Warwick so far
just out of curiousity what is your top choice
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by omar4)
Do they give priority to postgrads or is it equally difficult for them to get in these two?
There no priority it's split into different blocks so there's an undergrad, postgrad and finalist block. The competition would be amongst other postgrads for your situation
omar4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Age)
There no priority it's split into different blocks so there's an undergrad, postgrad and finalist block. The competition would be amongst other postgrads for your situation
Oh alright. So how do they pick someone over the other?
For example, i prefer the nights to be quite so i can get proper sleep, other than that i dnt care at all how noisy or quite or how many ppl are there around me. Basically i dnt have too many demands =P
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by omar4)
Oh alright. So how do they pick someone over the other?
For example, i prefer the nights to be quite so i can get proper sleep, other than that i dnt care at all how noisy or quite or how many ppl are there around me. Basically i dnt have too many demands =P
I believe it's randomised through course, gender, ethnicity(?) and age(for postgrads). Once you're allocated a hall they will then read your statements to determine which flats/floors you're on depending on noise. Quieter flats tend to be on the higher floors so they aren't disturbed by people coming in and out throughout the night.
Sophia-1996
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey everyone! I'm Sophia!
I received a conditional offer for Classical Civilization at Warwick: ABB. (Sooooo happy!!) And I accepted it as my firm choice. Now just need the grades (stress gone mad!) and I'm in haha! I'm suddenly thinking about the year abroad to Italy too. Very enticing!

I'm currently studying Classics (OCR), Economics (AQA) and Spanish (Edexcel) in prep for my A2 exams.

Would love to get to know people here who have gone for a similar subject at Warwick and just offer holders generally really! All the best for upcoming exams and hope to see some of you there in October!
omar4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Age)
I believe it's randomised through course, gender, ethnicity(?) and age(for postgrads). Once you're allocated a hall they will then read your statements to determine which flats/floors you're on depending on noise. Quieter flats tend to be on the higher floors so they aren't disturbed by people coming in and out throughout the night.
Oh alright. Thanks for the information.
One more thing, i got this email from the pro vice chancellor of postgrad studies. The email was about congratulating me on my place at the university and some info when i arrive here but no conditions or anything else was mentioned.
I was confused if its an offer or what. I called up the admsns offfice n the lady said when we get the email we process it and send u an email but i havent gotten any mail yet nor did my application status change since more than a week.
Any idea whats going on?
LumosNox
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sophia-1996)
Hey everyone! I'm Sophia!
I received a conditional offer for Classical Civilization at Warwick: ABB. (Sooooo happy!!) And I accepted it as my firm choice. Now just need the grades (stress gone mad!) and I'm in haha! I'm suddenly thinking about the year abroad to Italy too. Very enticing!

I'm currently studying Classics (OCR), Economics (AQA) and Spanish (Edexcel) in prep for my A2 exams.

Would love to get to know people here who have gone for a similar subject at Warwick and just offer holders generally really! All the best for upcoming exams and hope to see some of you there in October!
Congrats and well done! I'm sure you wouldn't have an offer unless they thought you stood a good chance of getting in. Good luck all the same. I'm not a Classical Civilisation offer holder or anything, I don't know anything about that course really... But I'm a firm offer holder for straight English and am really hoping to get the AAA I need! Hopefully I'll be seeing a lot of you all in October.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sophia-1996
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LumosNox)
Congrats and well done! I'm sure you wouldn't have an offer unless they thought you stood a good chance of getting in. Good luck all the same. I'm not a Classical Civilisation offer holder or anything, I don't know anything about that course really... But I'm a firm offer holder for straight English and am really hoping to get the AAA I need! Hopefully I'll be seeing a lot of you all in October.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks and all the best to you too! Haha it's totally fine. Many people don't know what the course is really (known experience from explaining it to most of my mates haha) AAA sounds tough but I hope you get the grades!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by omar4)
Oh alright. Thanks for the information.
One more thing, i got this email from the pro vice chancellor of postgrad studies. The email was about congratulating me on my place at the university and some info when i arrive here but no conditions or anything else was mentioned.
I was confused if its an offer or what. I called up the admsns offfice n the lady said when we get the email we process it and send u an email but i havent gotten any mail yet nor did my application status change since more than a week.
Any idea whats going on?
Oh I'm really not too sure just wait it out I guess or try ringing another department. Sometimes they just give out generic information
Em_joy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm currently on my gap year, so I did my A levels last year, which means I've got an unconditional to study English and Theatre Studies at Warwick. Just struggling with deciding where to apply for accommodation!! :/
suwuken
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Conditional for MMath Mathematics :-)
omar4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Age)
Oh I'm really not too sure just wait it out I guess or try ringing another department. Sometimes they just give out generic information
Hey i got the offer today. Conditional for msc management.
Can you suggest accommodation for postgrad? Preference is en suite, dont mind noise or many people around though.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by omar4)
Hey i got the offer today. Conditional for msc management.
Can you suggest accommodation for postgrad? Preference is en suite, dont mind noise or many people around though.
Congrats! Heronbank or Lakeside really, both ensuite and flat style living which is great for fostering friendships. Out of the two probably Lakeside though but they're pretty much identical
omar4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Age)
Congrats! Heronbank or Lakeside really, both ensuite and flat style living which is great for fostering friendships. Out of the two probably Lakeside though but they're pretty much identical
Thank you. Im guessing they are popular and wont be easy to get in them?
suwuken
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by PotterPhysics)
Are you doing STEP by any chance?
Yes, it's part of my condition. I'm doing the STEP 1, you?
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by omar4)
Thank you. Im guessing they are popular and wont be easy to get in them?
Pretty much for postgrads but you just have to have faith I guess
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise