Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k9000)
    How did everyone do the last question? Am i right in getting -0.5cot (beta-alpha/2) somewhere in my calculation or nah?
    Anyone, please?? Was it correct to define two points in terms of parametric equations for starters?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have a copy of the paper or the can remember the questions with marks?

ReputationRep:
    anyone got any idea about grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    honestly a really bad paper, i lost so marks, thankfully s2 was a lot better, i also think this paper was a lot different than previous years, there were like 3 "new" types of questions??? +room for silly mistakes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k9000)
    Anyone, please?? Was it correct to define two points in terms of parametric equations for starters?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...9&d=1434974706

ReputationRep:
    So it definitely was Y=(-1/4m)X then? Cause it's like the same as lay years paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chazatthekeys)
    Why would it be perpendicular?! Since it was the line through the 2 points you choose - I don't see why it would be perp.?
    Doesnt the line go through the midpoints of the parallel lines of the chord. In this case it would be perpendicular, if you draw it out.

ReputationRep:
    also initally i got the right eignevalues, but then at the end i thought it was wrong and multiplied everything out and got like 3,2,1 for the eigenvalues idek what to think anymore

ReputationRep:
    What the actual f*** was that paper? Most of it was OK except for 3 parts I'd never seen before in my life... 13 marks down the drain straight up there... At least S2 was better

ReputationRep:
    estimate for 80 ums??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemlover12)
    Doesnt the line go through the midpoints of the parallel lines of the chord. In this case it would be perpendicular, if you draw it out.
    But doing it without the perp. You get y=(-1/4m)x, and if m<0 then y=+ax which it would

But if you do perp. You get y=4mx or something and if m<0, the line is going downwards when it should be going up!

ReputationRep:
    But doing it without the perp. You get y=(-1/4m)x, and if m<0 then y=+ax which it would

But if you do perp. You get y=4mx or something and if m<0, the line is going downwards when it should be going up!
    Oh god. How do you know the direction the line is going in?

ReputationRep:
    unofficial markscheme out yet?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if arsey does fp3 :/
    (Original post by dijam)
    unofficial markscheme out yet?

ReputationRep:
    what was the equation for the plane?

ReputationRep:
    So it definitely was Y=(-1/4m)X then? Cause it's like the same as lay years paper
    I think so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemlover12)
    Oh god. How do you know the direction the line is going in?
    Well I just assumed my A/B general points for the chord where such that the gradient would be -ve, so m<0 and if locus of midpoints, the gradient needs to be positive, so y=(-1/4m)x makes sense - in this sense

Does that make sense?

ReputationRep:
    I got 3,2,1 as well...It is wrong, I realised about 10 seconds after I left the exam. The pattern was [210][121][012]. And when you get the eigen values you had to do (2-L){(2-L)(2-L)-1} (and so on), but must've missed out the -1 like I did :/
    (Original post by mmms95)
    also initally i got the right eignevalues, but then at the end i thought it was wrong and multiplied everything out and got like 3,2,1 for the eigenvalues idek what to think anymore
    I'm more annoyed that there were 2 question I left to do at the end which I COULD do but wasn't sure about, and completely forgot...Like I could've done the eigenvector and P^T AP question even with the wrong eigenvalues :'(

ReputationRep:
    I got 3,2,1 as well...It is wrong, I realised about 10 seconds after I left the exam. The pattern was [210][121][012]. And when you get the eigen values you had to do (2-L){(2-L)(2-L)-1} (and so on), but must've missed out the -1 like I did :/
    I'm more annoyed that there were 2 question I left to do at the end which I COULD do but wasn't sure about, and completely forgot...Like I could've done the eigenvector and P^T AP question even with the wrong eigenvalues :'(

ReputationRep:
    That must have felt so good when you got those 'normal' eigenvalues :lol: but unfortunately it was the weird surds

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 13, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.