Edexcel FP3 June 2015 - Official Thread Watch

k9000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by k9000)
How did everyone do the last question? Am i right in getting -0.5cot (beta-alpha/2) somewhere in my calculation or nah?
Anyone, please?? Was it correct to define two points in terms of parametric equations for starters?
BeccaBrowning
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone have a copy of the paper or the can remember the questions with marks?
arun96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
anyone got any idea about grade boundaries?
username1259045
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
honestly a really bad paper, i lost so marks, thankfully s2 was a lot better, i also think this paper was a lot different than previous years, there were like 3 "new" types of questions??? +room for silly mistakes
Gome44
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by k9000)
Anyone, please?? Was it correct to define two points in terms of parametric equations for starters?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...9&d=1434974706
Chazatthekeys
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So it definitely was Y=(-1/4m)X then? Cause it's like the same as lay years paper
chemlover12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Chazatthekeys)
Why would it be perpendicular?! Since it was the line through the 2 points you choose - I don't see why it would be perp.?
Doesnt the line go through the midpoints of the parallel lines of the chord. In this case it would be perpendicular, if you draw it out.
username1259045
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
also initally i got the right eignevalues, but then at the end i thought it was wrong and multiplied everything out and got like 3,2,1 for the eigenvalues idek what to think anymore
HMusa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What the actual f*** was that paper? Most of it was OK except for 3 parts I'd never seen before in my life... 13 marks down the drain straight up there... At least S2 was better
username1259045
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
estimate for 80 ums??
Chazatthekeys
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by chemlover12)
Doesnt the line go through the midpoints of the parallel lines of the chord. In this case it would be perpendicular, if you draw it out.
But doing it without the perp. You get y=(-1/4m)x, and if m<0 then y=+ax which it would

But if you do perp. You get y=4mx or something and if m<0, the line is going downwards when it should be going up!
chemlover12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
But doing it without the perp. You get y=(-1/4m)x, and if m<0 then y=+ax which it would

But if you do perp. You get y=4mx or something and if m<0, the line is going downwards when it should be going up!
Oh god. How do you know the direction the line is going in?
dijam
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
unofficial markscheme out yet?
chemlover12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not sure if arsey does fp3 :/
(Original post by dijam)
unofficial markscheme out yet?
jelo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
what was the equation for the plane?
Gome44
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So it definitely was Y=(-1/4m)X then? Cause it's like the same as lay years paper
I think so
Chazatthekeys
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by chemlover12)
Oh god. How do you know the direction the line is going in?
Well I just assumed my A/B general points for the chord where such that the gradient would be -ve, so m<0 and if locus of midpoints, the gradient needs to be positive, so y=(-1/4m)x makes sense - in this sense

Does that make sense?
Deniderveni
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got 3,2,1 as well...It is wrong, I realised about 10 seconds after I left the exam. The pattern was [210][121][012]. And when you get the eigen values you had to do (2-L){(2-L)(2-L)-1} (and so on), but must've missed out the -1 like I did :/
(Original post by mmms95)
also initally i got the right eignevalues, but then at the end i thought it was wrong and multiplied everything out and got like 3,2,1 for the eigenvalues idek what to think anymore
I'm more annoyed that there were 2 question I left to do at the end which I COULD do but wasn't sure about, and completely forgot...Like I could've done the eigenvector and P^T AP question even with the wrong eigenvalues :'(

Deniderveni
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got 3,2,1 as well...It is wrong, I realised about 10 seconds after I left the exam. The pattern was [210][121][012]. And when you get the eigen values you had to do (2-L){(2-L)(2-L)-1} (and so on), but must've missed out the -1 like I did :/
I'm more annoyed that there were 2 question I left to do at the end which I COULD do but wasn't sure about, and completely forgot...Like I could've done the eigenvector and P^T AP question even with the wrong eigenvalues :'(
Elcor
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That must have felt so good when you got those 'normal' eigenvalues :lol: but unfortunately it was the weird surds
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (343)
37.82%
No - but I will (72)
7.94%
No - I don't want to (64)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (428)
47.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise