(Original post by brieftidalwave)
    How would I compare THCM with Hour?
    Similarities:
    -Both talk about love in relation to time, and time's effects
    -Both personify time
    -Both discuss positive relationships of love
    -Both follow a regular rhyme scheme

Differences:
    -Ideas about love- Hour is romantic whereas THCM is used to persuade an unwilling partner
    -Language- THCM uses a syllogistic argument, Hour uses modern imagery
    -THCM focuses on giving into time, Hour tries to conquer it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanStudent)
    Similarities:
    -Both talk about love in relation to time, and time's effects
    -Both personify time
    -Both discuss positive relationships of love
    -Both follow a regular rhyme scheme

Differences:
    -Ideas about love- Hour is romantic whereas THCM is used to persuade an unwilling partner
    -Language- THCM uses a syllogistic argument, Hour uses modern imagery
    -THCM focuses on giving into time, Hour tries to conquer it
    Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    What is the best way to answer unseen poetry?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please please make a list of what two poems best match when comparing in the exam, for all the relationship poems????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyman1006)
    What is the best way to answer unseen poetry?
    watch mrbruff video on youtube he does one on how to approach a unseen poem

ReputationRep:
    Just had a question where it said 'how does the poet use language to.....' does this mean that if I talk about the structure I won't get any marks?

ReputationRep:
    For Place poetry which poem is best to compare with 'The Wild Swans at Coole' and why please??

ReputationRep:
    What structure should i use to write the essay for both section a and section b?

ReputationRep:
    How can you compare to his coy mistress with farmers bride

ReputationRep:
    In the conflict cluster if there was a theme of patriotism which poems should we use? Flag is good but which other ones

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any strong predictions aside from 'To His Coy Mistress' for the relationships cluster??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MVEMJSUNP)
    Any strong predictions aside from 'To His Coy Mistress' for the relationships cluster??
    I have no idea how to breathe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theD0N)
    I have no idea how to breathe
    ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big Pec Hec)
    For Place poetry which poem is best to compare with 'The Wild Swans at Coole' and why please??
    The blackbird of glanmore because both writers have similar motives for writing their poems, depression. Yeats the person he loved didn't love him back and Heaney his brother died. Do you think either poem will come up because the blackbird poem came up last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lbs20187)
    I haven't seen any mention of the Place poems come up, which I'm doing.
    Does anybody have any predictions as to what might come up out of the 15 of them?
    Apparently A Vision hasn't come up in ages

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rtdsv)
    Are they hinting that they will come up or are they using reverse psychology so that we end up revising for them and then they don't even come up :?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that initially AQA had selected some poems that would only feature on the foundation tier paper, but this year those poems may also come up on the higher tier paper.

This makes much more sense to me, because whilst it remains obvious that the poems that have not yet featured in any exam papers are much more likely to come up, AQA have not previously said that they do not repeat poems, therefore there would be no need for them to highlight that all of the poems have an equal chance of appearing in the exam paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swagmister)
    The blackbird of glanmore because both writers have similar motives for writing their poems, depression. Yeats the person he loved didn't love him back and Heaney his brother died. Do you think either poem will come up because the blackbird poem came up last year
    I thought that they wouldn't but someone else on the thread said it was quite likely to come up because it hasn't come up in a while and that it is a good poem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lewistaylor99)
    In the conflict cluster if there was a theme of patriotism which poems should we use? Flag is good but which other ones

Posted from TSR Mobile
    next to of course god america i — E.E. Cummings

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Possibly Next to of course... or The charge of the light brigade.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Flag goes well with At The Border, both emphasising the pointlessness of nationalism. next to of course god america i and Charge of the Light Brigade also go well with patriotism and jingoism even if it is in a negative way

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.