Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for PPE! AAA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poppycharlotte)
    I sent mine in on the 11th of October, so I should start being worried now as I probably messed up my lnat :afraid:
    I wouldn't worry yet, its still super early! have seen loads of people who haven't heard back yet :-) xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poppycharlotte)
    I sent mine in on the 11th of October, so I should start being worried now as I probably messed up my lnat :afraid:
    Durham is notoriously slow for most courses- so don't worry about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by longsightdon)
    AAAB bio Chem maths phy (as)
    A*A*A* bio Chem maths

U?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice!
    AAAA (Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Physics)
    Predicted A*A*A*A (with the A in physics). I applied earlier than you did (Friday 9th October) I hope the lack of response doesn't mean a rejection... What kind of extra-curricular activates did you mention on your ps?

ReputationRep:
    Offer for chemistry!!!! A*AA wooooo

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats!!!! Sent my app off on 15th of Oct, would be over the moon if I managed to get an offer with my horrific subject choice (maths/chem/geog/eng lit) and poor GCSEs! I thought Durham only gave them out in January..will have to start checking more regularly now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsConnor_)
    Congrats!!!! Sent my app off on 15th of Oct, would be over the moon if I managed to get an offer with my horrific subject choice (maths/chem/geog/eng lit) and poor GCSEs! I thought Durham only gave them out in January..will have to start checking more regularly now
    I did Maths chem economics English Lit for AS and had just 2A*s at gcse and I'm currently here at Durham in my first year doing chem (check my profile for more stats) so don't be disheartened because of subject choice, as long as you have decent predictions (I had 3A*s but at least 1 preferably 2 should be good).

If you do get an offer though make sure you spend your summer doing further maths and physics otherwise you'll be struggling like me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoria98)
    Nice!
    AAAA (Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Physics)
    Predicted A*A*A*A (with the A in physics). I applied earlier than you did (Friday 9th October) I hope the lack of response doesn't mean a rejection... What kind of extra-curricular activates did you mention on your ps?
    See the thing is I was surprised I got an offer this early, a mate of mine in my year got A* (full maths a level) AAA super high ums and is applying for Chem and submitted her app in before me yet she hasn't got an offer either? And just that I have a house captain role + run chemistry club

(Original post by itsConnor_)
    You'll defo get one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ha2420)
    Have you heard back from either?

Yes - I have an interview at Cambridge and a conditional offer (AAA) from Durham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jst1995)
    Durhams my first choice good luck with Cambridge though, hope you get it!
    Thank you! Tbh Durham looks amazing so either Cambridge or Durham would be fantastic :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dylann)
    I did Maths chem economics English Lit for AS and had just 2A*s at gcse and I'm currently here at Durham in my first year doing chem (check my profile for more stats) so don't be disheartened because of subject choice, as long as you have decent predictions (I had 3A*s but at least 1 preferably 2 should be good).

If you do get an offer though make sure you spend your summer doing further maths and physics otherwise you'll be struggling like me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the reassurance, I suppose I'll have to wait and see! Feeling a bit disheartened after being rejected from Imperial w/o interview, but we'll see.

See the thing is I was surprised I got an offer this early, a mate of mine in my year got A* (full maths a level) AAA super high ums and is applying for Chem and submitted her app in before me yet she hasn't got an offer either? And just that I have a house captain role + run chemistry club

You'll defo get one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meloddymaybe)
    Yes - I have an interview at Cambridge and a conditional offer (AAA) from Durham
    When did you get your Durham offer through?! I applied by the Cambridge deadline and still nothing! if I have an interview at Cambridge then I should be strong enough to get an offer for Durham I hope🙉

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ha2420)
    When did you get your Durham offer through?! I applied by the Cambridge deadline and still nothing! if I have an interview at Cambridge then I should be strong enough to get an offer for Durham I hope🙉
    Hmm about two weeks ago? I should think so - Durham are apparently really slow in general, especially with people they think might be Oxbridgey, so I wouldn't worry just yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by euandawtrey)
    anyone received an offer for English?
    Hi, yeah I received an offer for English Literature last week of A*AA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonwithnoname)
    Unconditional one received just over a week ago
    Wow, an unconditional offer is very impressive, congratulations! Have you already got your A Levels grades or are your A Level predication insane? haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starrynight7)
    Hi, yeah I received an offer for English Literature last week of A*AA
    Ah right, nice one, cheers

ReputationRep:
    Any UK student with an offer from Combined Honours in Social Sciences? If so when did you apply + predictions?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starrynight7)
    Wow, an unconditional offer is very impressive, congratulations! Have you already got your A Levels grades or are your A Level predication insane? haha
    Already got my grades - don't think Durham are in the habit of handing out unconditionals based on predicted grades (i didn't even apply to Durham last time I applied to universities because I didn't think I'd get the grades, ah well)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabrielladelaney)
    Just got an offer for Law :-) A*AA
    Wow that's great! Congratulations! Would you mind telling us your predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back from Liberal Arts (Combined Honours in Arts) and/or languages? (American applicant)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cerlohee)
    I applied on October 6th and didn't hear back until the second week of the Christmas holidays.
    WHAT
    Are u already having your Christmas holiday?? Mine starts from Dec 11th.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.