The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
We got a draw against them last year. We're both stronger but this year at least our big game performances have gone up slightly. I don't see Chelsea winning at the Emirates at all
Original post by AR_95
We got a draw against them last year. We're both stronger but this year at least our big game performances have gone up slightly. I don't see Chelsea winning at the Emirates at all

Last year they bus parked, there's no need for them to. You still have clear deficiencies, have a feeling Cuadrado, Oscar and Hazard will have a field day on the counter. Thing is they can penetrate you through the middle as well, thing with City is they're a low work rate team and easy to counter for that reason, but I guess it depends how Jose sets up. Expect a away win though either way.
Reply 882
Original post by AR_95

Same, but I would prefer it to be more than a draw.

It really depends on what state the league table is in when we meet, and that's how Mourinho will decide how he'll approach the game
Original post by AR_95

You're not stronger this year than the last. You have only been showing form this past month.
Reply 884
Original post by jam277
You're not stronger this year than the last. You have only been showing form this past month.

We have a stronger first XI on paper. Coincidently we've been showing form because our injured players have been returning or new players are finding their stride.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
We have a stronger first XI on paper. Coincidently we've been showing form because our injured players have been returning or new players are finding their stride.

Yeah I guess so.

Anyway pretty sure the game is going to end up with us turning on the style, or if you lot have been in good form recently and we don't need to win the game we'll come for a draw and get the draw.
Original post by leinad2012
Why do you hate monreal so much? He's been better than Gibbs and one of the most solid/ consistent defenders in the league this season.

Doesn't matter who Chelsea sign tbh, they'll come to the Emirates looking for a draw and somehow snatch a 1-0 win

I don't hate on Monreal but as a LB I think Gibbs is a much more threat to opposition with his aerial ability and his pace. Although Nach has recently started proving himself especially against AV he was pretty sick but I still prefer Gibbs.
Reply 887
Original post by De Chirico
What a **** transfer deadline day.

Anyway when is Sanchez back? Kind of guy you want on the pitch for the derby. He will be literally gurning for it.

sanchez is already back for the next game
he is such a beast that his injury got scared away after him missing 1 game
Reply 888
Original post by sr90
I'd argue that a fully fit Arsenal squad is the best in the league after Chelsea. Yes I include City in that.

Not sure that I could say the same thing without doubt, but I'm glad some of their players are finally being exposed as overrated. Kompany comes to mind.
Original post by sr90
I'd argue that a fully fit Arsenal squad is the best in the league after Chelsea. Yes I include City in that.

I said this a few months ago and you amongst others berated me for it ffs :laugh:
Original post by FellainiSucks
I said this a few months ago and you amongst others berated me for it ffs :laugh:

A few months ago? You didn't exist
Original post by shawn_o1

FK
Original post by sr90

Yeah on Fifa.

but not in real life, due to the defensive imbalance in the team due to not having an adequate defensive midfielder. It doesn't matter on FIFA because you can just play Wilshere-Arteta, and this doesnt reflect how bad they are in real life as defensive midfielders.
Original post by Stefano93
I don't hate on Monreal but as a LB I think Gibbs is a much more threat to opposition with his aerial ability and his pace. Although Nach has recently started proving himself especially against AV he was pretty sick but I still prefer Gibbs.

I agree with the pace argument, but Gibbs and Monreal are the same height I don't think their aerial ability is going to be that different, if anything Monreal's will be better due to his stints at CB.

Gibbs may be better offensively, but I'd rather have Monreal defensively speaking tbh, the way he plays 2 v 1 situations is pretty astounding, when it comes to jockeying the man on the ball whilst tracking the runner there isn't any fullback I've seen that comes close imo
Original post by shawn_o1

Uh oh, dupe account confirmed?
Original post by AR_95
Not sure that I could say the same thing without doubt, but I'm glad some of their players are finally being exposed as overrated. Kompany comes to mind.

Vincent Kompany, the man who can last longer on his reputation, than Bear Grylls can last on his own piss :rolleyes:
:rofl: died at the Kompany part cos it's so true. Guys been terrible since 2012 and gets away with a few big game performances(and some shockers like vs Chelsea at the bridge and vs Liverpool at AnFAILED last season)
Original post by jam277
:rofl: died at the Kompany part cos it's so true. Guys been terrible since 2012 and gets away with a few big game performances(and some shockers like vs Chelsea at the bridge and vs Liverpool at AnFAILED last season)

Anfailed :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
An Ozil , Giroud, Sanchez attacking three is really quite tasty tbh. Walcott and Chamberlain to be benched and used if we need a bit more pace.
For big games would probably use Welbeck instead of Giroud, for the fact that he has a bit more pace on the counter and his link up play is not bad either. Underrated aerial ability too. Also has a decent defensive workrate. It would negate the need to use Walcott and Chamberlain on the wider positions.