Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here use the Squawka app?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baalaje31)
    Cuardado to Chelsea... Should we be worried?
    No because we have Monreal saving us from embarrassment-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    so this glousck disappears when walcott goes out injured and reappears 13 months later when he comes back

i can only conclude that glousck is walcott.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Yes. Now that Chelsea have sign Cuadrado they have become a real threat to us, whereas before they weren't.
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    Remind me to never ask questions on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you hate monreal so much? He's been better than Gibbs and one of the most solid/ consistent defenders in the league this season.

Doesn't matter who Chelsea sign tbh, they'll come to the Emirates looking for a draw and somehow snatch a 1-0 win

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Yes. Now that Chelsea have sign Cuadrado they have become a real threat to us, whereas before they weren't.
    genuinely LOL'd at this :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    We got a draw against them last year. We're both stronger but this year at least our big game performances have gone up slightly. I don't see Chelsea winning at the Emirates at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    We got a draw against them last year. We're both stronger but this year at least our big game performances have gone up slightly. I don't see Chelsea winning at the Emirates at all
    Last year they bus parked, there's no need for them to. You still have clear deficiencies, have a feeling Cuadrado, Oscar and Hazard will have a field day on the counter. Thing is they can penetrate you through the middle as well, thing with City is they're a low work rate team and easy to counter for that reason, but I guess it depends how Jose sets up. Expect a away win though either way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Same, but I would prefer it to be more than a draw.

It really depends on what state the league table is in when we meet, and that's how Mourinho will decide how he'll approach the game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    You're not stronger this year than the last. You have only been showing form this past month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    You're not stronger this year than the last. You have only been showing form this past month.
    We have a stronger first XI on paper. Coincidently we've been showing form because our injured players have been returning or new players are finding their stride.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    We have a stronger first XI on paper. Coincidently we've been showing form because our injured players have been returning or new players are finding their stride.
    Yeah I guess so.

Anyway pretty sure the game is going to end up with us turning on the style, or if you lot have been in good form recently and we don't need to win the game we'll come for a draw and get the draw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Why do you hate monreal so much? He's been better than Gibbs and one of the most solid/ consistent defenders in the league this season.

Doesn't matter who Chelsea sign tbh, they'll come to the Emirates looking for a draw and somehow snatch a 1-0 win
    I don't hate on Monreal but as a LB I think Gibbs is a much more threat to opposition with his aerial ability and his pace. Although Nach has recently started proving himself especially against AV he was pretty sick but I still prefer Gibbs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    What a **** transfer deadline day.

Anyway when is Sanchez back? Kind of guy you want on the pitch for the derby. He will be literally gurning for it.
    sanchez is already back for the next game
    he is such a beast that his injury got scared away after him missing 1 game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I'd argue that a fully fit Arsenal squad is the best in the league after Chelsea. Yes I include City in that.

Not sure that I could say the same thing without doubt, but I'm glad some of their players are finally being exposed as overrated. Kompany comes to mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I'd argue that a fully fit Arsenal squad is the best in the league after Chelsea. Yes I include City in that.
    I said this a few months ago and you amongst others berated me for it ffs :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FellainiSucks)
    I said this a few months ago and you amongst others berated me for it ffs :laugh:
    A few months ago? You didn't exist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    A few months ago? You didn't exist
    FK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Yeah on Fifa.

but not in real life, due to the defensive imbalance in the team due to not having an adequate defensive midfielder. It doesn't matter on FIFA because you can just play Wilshere-Arteta, and this doesnt reflect how bad they are in real life as defensive midfielders.

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate on Monreal but as a LB I think Gibbs is a much more threat to opposition with his aerial ability and his pace. Although Nach has recently started proving himself especially against AV he was pretty sick but I still prefer Gibbs.
    I agree with the pace argument, but Gibbs and Monreal are the same height I don't think their aerial ability is going to be that different, if anything Monreal's will be better due to his stints at CB.

Gibbs may be better offensively, but I'd rather have Monreal defensively speaking tbh, the way he plays 2 v 1 situations is pretty astounding, when it comes to jockeying the man on the ball whilst tracking the runner there isn't any fullback I've seen that comes close imo

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.