Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Courtois should've saved it.
    Probably, but he didn't, and Adam scored.

ReputationRep:
    would rather commit war crimes than vote for charlie adam in anything tbh. reminds me of that f&f tokyo drift actor and i hated him too.

ReputationRep:
    don't let yesterday's game deceive you. WALCOTT IS **** FAM.

can't pass
    can't dribble
    can't beat players
    can't cross
    greedy
    no strength
    inconsistent finishing.

take his pace out and this guy won't even be playing football.

ReputationRep:
    We'd get £30m for Walcott...

deal or no deal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)

deal or no deal?
    You've always had it in for Walcott.

Wouldn't sell tbh he's a very senior player almost 10 years at the club now at the age of 26, we need that experience and leadership in the team. He's entering his prime so we need to take advantage of his best years.

He's possibly our best big game player too, always seems to be effective in big matches. Also I'd keep him for the sakes of keeping the frontline filled with lot of variety and options.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    You've always had it in for Walcott.

Wouldn't sell tbh he's a very senior player almost 10 years at the club now at the age of 26, we need that experience and leadership in the team. He's entering his prime so we need to take advantage of his best years.

He's possibly our best big game player too, always seems to be effective in big matches. Also I'd keep him for the sakes of keeping the frontline filled with lot of variety and options.
    There have been quite a few false dawns with Theo, sometimes he looks like he's on the way to being a top forward, like late 12/13, but then he reverts back to the frustrating player he can be. Agree that he's a good big game player and is useful on the counter but to me he is also quite limited. Some of the decision making at times is laughable for a player of his experience.

Feel as if we could reinvest the transfer fee we'd get in a better player than Walcott basically. You cant tell me Lacazette wouldnt be a tempting replacement.

I think Oxlade-Chamberlain is a better player myself and wouldnt even have TW in our starting XI next season.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Probably, but he didn't, and Adam scored.
    Wasn't my goal of the season, though. Preferred a few - Schurrle at Burnley, Mata at Anfield, Defoe against Newcastle etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    Whenever Walcott plays, especially as a sub, he can change the way you attack. And like someone mentioned he does it in the big games which is where Arsenal are particularly vulnerable. He's a very good player, but his injury record remains problematic in him keeping any form of consistency. I think it would be good to use him as a rotation option, like over the last two weeks, where you're not completely depending on him allowing him to play more naturally.

Personally I think he will score you a goal in the fa cup final.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Courtois should've saved it.
    You can say that with almost every goal from that area though... Courtois should've saved it, so should Adrian with Rooney last year and even Sullivan with Beckham's way back, shots from halfway always take the keeper by surprise, if its on target it invariably goes in.

I would have voted for Defoe personally though with Zamora a close second.

ReputationRep:
    Allardyce leaving makes Brendan Rodgers 2nd longest serving PL manager, if he goes it'll be Eddie Howe o_o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Allardyce leaving makes Brendan Rodgers 2nd longest serving PL manager, if he goes it'll be Eddie Howe o_o

Don't care, this is the Arsenal thread.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    You forgot Nigel ''Ostrich'' Pearson

deal or no deal?

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't my goal of the season, though. Preferred a few - Schurrle at Burnley, Mata at Anfield, Defoe against Newcastle etc etc.

Jagielka against Liverpool was it? Not taking the piss but that was a good goal haha

ReputationRep:
    We're being linked with Vidal. I don't buy into it at all but it would be an excellent purchase. Think if he is to be sold then he's more than likely to go to UTD first however
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Jagielka against Liverpool was it? Not taking the piss but that was a good goal haha
    Forgot about that one, aye. Great finish. Phillips against Palace was worth a mention too imo.

ReputationRep:

Found your dad Lyrical Prodigy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    You forgot Nigel ''Ostrich'' Pearson

Cringed for Cesc here tbh

My brother showed me an interview from Cesc from back in the day when he said he was enjoying reading ''Fever Pitch'', a book with long involved passages describing why Chelsea fans are the scum of the Earth. At some stage you realise you aint got any principles at all and I doubt its a great feeling

ReputationRep:
    Even the guardian's linked us to Vidal. **** me man I don't want to get excited over nothing but...
    Would be a great partner to Coquelin

ReputationRep:
    Cringed for Cesc here tbh

My brother showed me an interview from Cesc from back in the day when he said he was enjoying reading ''Fever Pitch'', a book with long involved passages describing why Chelsea fans are the scum of the Earth. At some stage you realise you aint got any principles at all and I doubt its a great feeling
    Name:  IMG_20150524_205733.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  54.8 KB

All these flavours and you choose salty.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Even the guardian's linked us to Vidal. **** me man I don't want to get excited over nothing but...
    Would be a great partner to Coquelin
    Don't bother it won't happen.

Need a considerably better player than Coquelin if we are to be challenging for the title from the beginning. Good option to have but shouldn't be more than that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.