Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lambert87)
    One of my interviews states I have to do a short A-Level Chemistry test!!! ****
    I'm still waiting for my references so haven't sent my application yet but I just started to revise A level topics yesterday. I want to get ahead of the interview people

Good luck with your test.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here applied for Schools Direct too? :-)

ReputationRep:
    Eeeeeekkkk!!! Had an email this afternoon inviting me for an interview 23rd Nov! Primary KS2. Excited but a bag of nerves already 😬 Good luck everybody with your applications!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicmaiden)
    Eeeeeekkkk!!! Had an email this afternoon inviting me for an interview 23rd Nov! Primary KS2. Excited but a bag of nerves already 😬 Good luck everybody with your applications!
    Yay! Where is your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by battycatlady)
    I've applied for one SD at the school where I volunteer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicmaiden)
    if you don't mind me asking, how long ago did you send off your application? and where did you apply x

ReputationRep:
    I have and also scitt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChancedTravels)
    Yay! Where is your interview?
    Swansea. I've applied to Cardiff Met also but not heard anything. Where have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    Another one here waiting for references. One of mine has completed it, but I'm still waiting on the Head teacher of my placement to complete his one. To make matters worse, most of the universities I'm applying to are in Scotland and the applications have been open since September. He is my only reference for that one and I'm STILL waiting on him completing that one too!! Apparently he has now written the reference (according to the teachers I work with), but he still hasn't got round to sending it. He left today for a 2 night residential trip so I doubt it'll be sent this week. I'm becoming increasingly frustrated and panicky. I realise he is busy, but I give him 3 full days a week, unpaid, so feel upset that I am still waiting. There is only so much 'nagging' I can do

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting anxious about my second reference too.

Although they only received the email from UCAS a week ago, I did talk to both of mine a month beforehand and asked if they needed anything etc.

One of them asked for my CV and did his reference within 24 hours.

The other had to delay meetings/didn't reply to a few emails etc.

But I am panicking because my skills tests are so soon and my course is competitive.

I will also have to sit a test if I get an interview, though I've known that since I started looking into applying. I'll have to translate a passage of Latin. They've provided dictionaries in the past so it wouldn't be a problem but it's timed so it's really just trying to read more authors from the syllabus to get used to their style.

I'm fairly stressed about this whole application because I think I want this more than I wanted to go to uni the first time around!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam020020)
    Damn now that's unprofessional, saying Yes and then saying No ... Anyway hope things work out. Are you going into primary or secondary?
    Thankfully I managed to get it sorted! Just waiting on them both to do their bits, looks like one has started judging by email correspondence she sent me. I'm going into primary, you?

ReputationRep:
    Slight application crisis here, hoping for assistance

Whilst picking my subjects in school for Int 2/Standard Grade, I was able to work it with my headteacher so I could take geography as a science, which allowed me to take Latin, which was only offered in the same column as biology, chemistry and physics. (went to a very small private school with a humanities oriented headteacher)

Now this is posing a bit of a problem. According to everything I've read, you don't actually need a Science GSCE (or equivalent) for the PGCE for secondary - I'm applying for English. However, on the Education page, it isn't letting me move on until I put down a science qualification which I obviously don't have. Does anyone have any suggestions or just contact UCAS directly?

Heeeeeeeeeelp haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gentlegiant)
    I have and also scitt.
    School Direct English Secondary here!

Aaaand...have an interview!! 27th November...BUT the same day as my key skill tests...not sure whether I can do both in one day or try and reschedule...more complicated as I'm in living and teaching in Barcelona at the moment so will be flying back and forth!!

Now time to stress about the: written tasks...do not really have an idea what to expect with those....

ReputationRep:
    Feel so behind-haven't sent off my application yet! I emailed UCL to see when I should apply and they said applications only opened now! Gah! Stress!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinydancer73)
    Slight application crisis here, hoping for assistance

Whilst picking my subjects in school for Int 2/Standard Grade, I was able to work it with my headteacher so I could take geography as a science, which allowed me to take Latin, which was only offered in the same column as biology, chemistry and physics. (went to a very small private school with a humanities oriented headteacher)

Now this is posing a bit of a problem. According to everything I've read, you don't actually need a Science GSCE (or equivalent) for the PGCE for secondary - I'm applying for English. However, on the Education page, it isn't letting me move on until I put down a science qualification which I obviously don't have. Does anyone have any suggestions or just contact UCAS directly?

Heeeeeeeeeelp haha
    I had the same headache on both my applications, it hasnt changed in the past two years.
    I was informed on both occasions by ucas to select "equivalents test", this is only used for primary and secondary science pgce's and is pretty much ignored by all none science based secondary pgce's.

But for you own peace of mind, contact ucas they will tell you what to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martyncooper)
    School Direct English Secondary here!

Aaaand...have an interview!! 27th November...BUT the same day as my key skill tests...not sure whether I can do both in one day or try and reschedule...more complicated as I'm in living and teaching in Barcelona at the moment so will be flying back and forth!!

Now time to stress about the: written tasks...do not really have an idea what to expect with those....
    I would either contact the provider who offered you the interview or reschedule the skills test.

Interviews rarely are short (2-4 hours) and usually involve a full day.

Don't add more pressure and nerves onto your plate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gentlegiant)
    I would either contact the provider who offered you the interview or reschedule the skills test.

Interviews rarely are short (2-4 hours) and usually involve a full day.

Don't add more pressure and nerves onto your plate.
    Yep, have already emailed the school explaining the situation to see what they say...

ReputationRep:
    Completed my application today and within 8 hours had an invitation for interview. Soooo happy!! But very nervous.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenMeerkat)
    Completed my application today and within 8 hours had an invitation for interview. Soooo happy!! But very nervous.

Congratulations!!! Well done where/what subject are you interviewing for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenMeerkat)

Blooming ell, great news. Congratulations, I think that must be a record setting response time.

I bet you are bouncing around like a big kid. Like I say to everyone else be yourself and enjoy it.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.