Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saudkhan2508)
    How much do the official mocks on the UKCAT website reflect the real test...? can someone shine a light on this pleaseeee :bl:

i found the VR section to be similar if not harder in the real exam. the qr section was noticeably easier in the real thing, so do not be discouraged if you do badly in the mock (as long as you still understand how to do the maths) - the same applies to other mocks you may have done like from the 1000Q book and Medify. similarly the AR section was also easier in the real thing, IIRC many sets had just one simple rule instead of multiple, and the patterns were far less complex (think simple, like number of shapes or sides). i averaged low to mid 600s in my mocks and got 790 in the real exam. hope that helped!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bowie22)
    To anyone that has sat the UKCAT, did you find the pearson vue mocks to be the most similar to it?
    Yes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh Laurie)
    i found the VR section to be similar if not harder in the real exam. the qr section was noticeably easier in the real thing, so do not be discouraged if you do badly in the mock (as long as you still understand how to do the maths) - the same applies to other mocks you may have done like from the 1000Q book and Medify. similarly the AR section was also easier in the real thing, IIRC many sets had just one simple rule instead of multiple, and the patterns were far less complex (think simple, like number of shapes or sides). i averaged low to mid 600s in my mocks and got 790 in the real exam. hope that helped!
    I averaged mid 600s in the last Pearson vue practice test, reading this has made me feel a lot better I have my exam in four days!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcobruni98)
    I averaged mid 600s in the last Pearson vue practice test, reading this has made me feel a lot better I have my exam in four days!
    i definitely felt the same having read similar experiences from previous years candidates. be confident if youve put in enough practice. best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone wanna help me with this AR qestion?

ReputationRep:
    took me like 5 mins to get this but at the end i shouldve got this earlier -_- :/.....

In set A both pairs of black objects are in reflection to each other and the type of shape isnt important....whereas in set B the place objects are more scattered and not in any sort of reflection of each other....
    so answers would be imo....B N A B A....
    (Original post by 123chem)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123chem)

umm, you posted the same thing before and a few people already answered you. In A, the colour sequence goes like black-black-white-black-black-white-white-white. in B there are always 4 stars but there is no such colour sequence as seen in A.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone take the free Kaplan online test at www.kaptest.co.uk/ukcattest? If yes, how do you find the difficulty of it in comparison to the actual UKCAT test. I scored really low for it and I'm freaking out

ReputationRep:
    on the medify mocks, what has everyone been getting?

ReputationRep:
    How do people approach the sentence type VR questions, they take forever

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys
    Those who have taken their UKCAT how did you find the AR compared to medify and the revision guides like the ISC 1000

Im finding the patterns so hard on medify

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think that VR is essentially the same across all platforms. QR and AR are easier than most. Medify's AR is similar to the real thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayrk)
    I think that VR is essentially the same across all platforms. QR and AR are easier than most. Medify's AR is similar to the real thing.
    Thanks

Theirs days when i will get them all right then days i just cant get them😢

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemauricien)
    How do people approach the sentence type VR questions, they take forever

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I compare each of the answer choice against the passage, which means these questions take longer than 30 sec each but if you do the t/f/ct quicker you could save time there and go over time on the sentence type questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medicapplicant)
    I compare each of the answer choice against the passage, which means these questions take longer than 30 sec each but if you do the t/f/ct quicker you could save time there and go over time on the sentence type questions.
    Ohh I see, I thought of that idea,and now you use it, I'll do so too, how long would you allow per question of this type then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemauricien)
    Ohh I see, I thought of that idea,and now you use it, I'll do so too, how long would you allow per question of this type then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do that too but only for the 'which one would the author agree with' type questions. For the others you can just eliminate statements like if they say only or always they are usually never the answer so you can get rid of them and then see a statement which looks like the most reasonable and search for it in the passage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    I do that too but only for the 'which one would the author agree with' type questions. For the others you can just eliminate statements like if they say only or always they are usually never the answer so you can get rid of them and then see a statement which looks like the most reasonable and search for it in the passage
    Yeahhh , and then if the non extreme answers don't match, then it's the extreme option that works (extreme being words like never).
    What do you do all the options seem decent tho

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is it me or is the VR on Medify horrible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    Is it me or is the VR on Medify horrible?
    Nah just you mate
    Finding that medify's vr is pretty decent
    Isc's vr is pretty good too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    VR is by far and away my weakest area... Judging by the ISC book, I'll only get to seriously attempt 60% of the questions (even taking into account that they ask more questions than in the real exam). It's a shame, because I pride myself on my ability to deconstruct complicated text (which I need to do a lot), I'm just not a very fast reader... That said, I only revise in the evening, I'm crossing my fingers that my brain will work twice as fast just after my morning coffee. I'm also hoping that skipping through and prioritising shorter texts might save me some points.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2017

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.