The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Francescopsq97
Still Put Manchester as firm, what you never did is done, you may get those results, or they may get you in with AAB as well. If you reject it you will shut that door anyway no matter what, Put Liverpool as insurance, just incase Manchester won't accept AAB, you could try to see then if Liverpool would. Liverpool Is yet a pretty good school and insurance, but, in the meantime, don't renounce to give yourself a try with Manchester. This is just my opinion, hope that helps 😊

I think that it really comes down to every single student, if you have a regular portfolio they may reject you if you don't get the results, but incase they really liked you as a candidate, they may put a step forward to get you in and accept those results, I don't believe that is just about the grades, they consider your app as a whole, and incase they like someone I'm sure they won't be to strict with their grades requirements.
(edited 8 years ago)
I think that it really comes down to every single student, if you have a regular portfolio they may reject you if you don't get the results, but incase they really liked you as a candidate, they may put a step forward to get you in and accept those results, I don't believe that is just about the grades, they consider your app as a whole, and incase they like someone I'm sure they won't be to strict with their grades requirements.

Thanks - that is really motivational - and yes follow your heart/dreams. My only thing is would Manchester have given me AAB if my portfolio was really brilliant...? They didnt....
Original post by Sean5Star
Thanks - that is really motivational - and yes follow your heart/dreams. My only thing is would Manchester have given me AAB if my portfolio was really brilliant...? They didnt....

Of course they're not gonna do so now. They still want you to do your best in other to get there, they didn't give you low requirements or unconditional offer, but you don't know what will be their response to your Scores once, you don't know what kind of student you are for them wether a good one or an outstanding good one. You can't really tell so why should you deprive yourself the right to see how things will turn out.
(edited 8 years ago)
How long does UCL take to reply from the task? Its been over a week so im slightly worried. Also, I sent my portfolio to Cardiff ages ago and they haven't said anything so that is also freaking me out. How bloody long do these places take to reply?
Reply 884
Original post by gemyerst
How long does UCL take to reply from the task? Its been over a week so im slightly worried. Also, I sent my portfolio to Cardiff ages ago and they haven't said anything so that is also freaking me out. How bloody long do these places take to reply?

UCL answered me only yesterday and I sent my task on 6 January (I'm an international applicant if that helps). No hearing from Cardiff as well.
Original post by Misha97
UCL answered me only yesterday and I sent my task on 6 January (I'm an international applicant if that helps). No hearing from Cardiff as well.

Thanks :smile: good to know I'm early in the waiting haha where else did you apply to?
Thanks :smile: good to know I'm early in the waiting haha where else did you apply to?

Did you guys get a mail where it says they received the task? mine got delivered yesterday with ups, or that is what the track says. I'm worried. should i call and ask ?
Did you guys get a mail where it says they received the task? mine got delivered yesterday with ups, or that is what the track says. I'm worried. should i call and ask ?

Mine was super last minute so I took it there myself even though the email said not to, but they sent me an email the next day confirming they'd received it. I think it normally takes a little longer to process if you send it by mail because there are so many applicants. If you haven't heard back soon I would call them to double check :smile:
Original post by Misha97

Did you get an interview?
Reply 889

Kent, Nottingham and Sheffield. What about you?

"Did you guys get a mail where it says they received the task? mine got delivered yesterday with ups, or that is what the track says. I'm worried. should i call and ask ?"

UCL sent me an email on the next day as far as I remember, but Cardiff didn't.

"Did you get an interview?"

Nope, my application was unsuccessful.
Hey guys is there any EU or internationals that applied to the Bartlett? I found today on the website, (thing that I didn't notice before, and it's crazy since I've been looking at their website so many times... But I just didn't happen to read it ) that EU international students had to communicate by email that they wanted to have an interview in London, incase the wished so. I'm from Italy but I would sure go to an interview if they will contact me for one, it's been a couple of days after they received my task and I don't know if it's appropriate to write them. What did you do ?
Reply 891
Original post by Misha97
Kent, Nottingham and Sheffield. What about you?

"Did you guys get a mail where it says they received the task? mine got delivered yesterday with ups, or that is what the track says. I'm worried. should i call and ask ?"

UCL sent me an email on the next day as far as I remember, but Cardiff didn't.

"Did you get an interview?"

Nope, my application was unsuccessful.

Awesome!! I've got offers from Kent, Nottingham and Sheffield too! - going to an architecture day thing at Sheffield tomorrow!:smile: and waiting to hear back from UCL (from my interview).. Seemed as though we chose the same unis!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 892
Original post by cowie
Awesome!! I've got offers from Kent, Nottingham and Sheffield too! - going to an architecture day thing at Sheffield tomorrow!:smile: and waiting to hear back from UCL (from my interview).. Seemed as though we chose the same unis!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahah yeah. It looks so. Congrats of the offers!
Reply 893
Thanks!^

Is anyone going to the Sheffield architecture open day today?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone applied to Kingston? I sent my portfolio on 21.12 and still have no responce.

I'm also still waiting for Cardiff. I read in their webpage that they might take up to 6 weeks to decide so I'm expecting an answer soon, as I sent my portfolio by the end of winter break.
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyone having got offers from manchester- its been two weeks since i sent off my portfolio, about how much longer do you think should i be expected to wait?
Also does anyone know anything about BCU, DMU, or huddersfield uni? ? Are the facilities, people, cities good etc?
Hey guys is there any EU or internationals that applied to the Bartlett? I found today on the website, (thing that I didn't notice before, and it's crazy since I've been looking at their website so many times... But I just didn't happen to read it ) that EU international students had to communicate by email that they wanted to have an interview in London, incase the wished so. I'm from Italy but I would sure go to an interview if they will contact me for one, it's been a couple of days after they received my task and I don't know if it's appropriate to write them. What did you do ?

It won't hurt to drop them a quick email offering to travel to London for an interview. Did you get confirmation that your task was received? If not you can double check that it got to the right place in the same email.
Reply 897
LOL everyone is waiting on Cardiff!
Reply 898
anyone heard news from AIS at Bartlett, UCL?
Has anyone applied to Reading? It is a new course

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending