The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Got an offer for Education Studies with History AAB!
Trying to decide between Warwick, Durham and UCL...
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Just been allocated Hatfield for Classics! Definitely going to firm Durham- bit worried about the Hatfield stereotypes and the shared accommodation though :/
Reply 882
Original post by Schluni
Course: Music
Conditional offer with 1.8 Abitur- I'm an international student from Germany :smile:
College: Collingwood

Congratulations :smile: I'm kind of jealous of your offer :smile: - I am from Germany too and mine is 1.2 , for PPE though :smile:
Reply 883
Original post by lauttes
Has anyone else been allocated to St Aidan's and gone to check it out? Maybe I missed the posts but I hardly see anyone else who got St Aidan's here haha. I've already chosen Durham as my firm but just wanna know what the college is like.

I'm St Aidans as well! I went to the open day last week, and I thought it was really good, even if it is a bit of a walk from the town centre :smile:
What is hatfield like as a college?
Reply 885
Does anyone know if you're allowed say 1 friend to stay over at your college room ever? Do people just walk in?
Hi guys, has anyone set up a Facebook group chat for Durham offer holders yet? If not I'll set one up, think it'd be nice to get to know people before October :smile:
Reply 887
Original post by mhamill864
Hi guys, has anyone set up a Facebook group chat for Durham offer holders yet? If not I'll set one up, think it'd be nice to get to know people before October :smile:

Hi, there's one already, look "New Durham Students 2016" up on FB :smile:
Original post by elibalt
Hi, there's one already, look "New Durham Students 2016" up on FB :smile:

Original post by Ha2420
Does anyone know if you're allowed say 1 friend to stay over at your college room ever? Do people just walk in?

You're allowed as many friends as you want to stay over. What do you mean walk in? You need keys to get into accommodation buildings.
Reply 890
Hey guys, so I had made an open application to the University, but now I wish to put in a preference for the college. I still haven't been allocated one though I only just received the offer. Is it possible to do so now?

Also, is there a separate thread for people who hold offers for law from Durham?

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 891
Original post by TelAviv
I don't think you can put in a college preference now.

There isn't an 'active' Durham law thread on here, but there's a pretty active group chat on Facebook. Just ask on one of the Durham offer holders 2016 Facebook pages and someone will add you

Oh man! Well then I'll just wait it out and probably ask them if they'd allow me to.

Thank you :smile:

Do you have an offer for law as well?
Anyone have an offer for PPE?
Anyone allocated to Josephine Butler, we have a Facebook group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/585616268253906/ we also have a group chat which I'm happy to add you to, just message me or join the group :smile:
Hi, anyone else worried about having been allocated to Hatfield? I like Durham overall but I'm a bit nervous about the college itself...
Reply 895
Original post by Passmeplease
Hi, anyone else worried about having been allocated to Hatfield? I like Durham overall but I'm a bit nervous about the college itself...

Have you visited it? I think that would considerably improve your opinion of it!

I've not been allocated to Hatfield myself, but wanted to offer up my opinion. On the visit day I asked about Hatfield (was curious as I nearly applied there), and everyone said it was very sporty and seemed like it had a good community feel. Apparently other colleges like to take the piss out of others, and although Hatfield can have some 'posh' people (hence where it gets its stigma from), but that certainly doesn't define it.

On a side note all this attacking of posh people annoys me slightly - if we stereotypically spoke negatively about poor people, it would be serious discrimination!!
Anyone allocated at Stephensons College? Send PM
Original post by Han-
On a side note all this attacking of posh people annoys me slightly - if we stereotypically spoke negatively about poor people, it would be serious discrimination!!

It's not the same as the power dynamic is completely different. Also no one cares about the non-stereotypical posh people at colleges like Hild Bede or Collingwood, it's just when they have negative traits obviously no one's going to be around them! :biggrin:

Also OP, I was taught anti-hatfield chants in freshers week but I have loads of hatfield friends and they're all lovely so I don't think the stereotype is true at all for the most part :smile:
Subject: Biosciences
Offer:AAA
College applied to: St. Marys
assigned to: St. Marys

Also have offers from Birmingham (unconditional), and Warwick.
I have left it pretty late to firm my choices, but I'm leaning towards Birmingham! :biggrin:
Original post by lauttes
Has anyone else been allocated to St Aidan's and gone to check it out? Maybe I missed the posts but I hardly see anyone else who got St Aidan's here haha. I've already chosen Durham as my firm but just wanna know what the college is like.
hi! I've been allocated to st Aidian's too, can I ask what you applied for? How do you think student life is gonna be, I'm not sure whether to firm Durham or a London uni :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest