Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker Watch

ReputationRep:
    Didn't the interviews only finish last week? I wouldn't expect any results for another week or two yet as they'll still be scoring the interviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRGooner)
    Attachment 575592575594

I have the same too with 444.
    I can't see that you've received an offer or am I missing something on the screenshot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naszam)
    I can't see that you've received an offer or am I missing something on the screenshot?
    I think that's a section of the attachment they've received, there's only 2 pages shown and it's not specific to them, it's not even filled out by the panel.

Their score may be correct though...

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I understand now and thank you.

Has anyone who applied in London and had interview for London offices seen anything changed on their online account for June campaign?

ReputationRep:
    I got 5, 4, 6 and my overall rating is Make an Offer. (I applied for Nottingham and Birmingham and my interview was on 28th July) I'm still applying for other jobs to be on the safe side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplymekaty)
    I got 5, 4, 6 and my overall rating is Make an Offer. (I applied for Nottingham and Birmingham and my interview was on 28th July) I'm still applying for other jobs to be on the safe side.
    Could you screenshot it?

What does it say on the status page of the civil service jobs website?

ReputationRep:
    @Litts...
    Where have you applied for and when was your interview?

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how they're taking on so many people nationwide? Can anyone explain why please?

I've applied for tax professional caseworker at the Cardiff office, and the job advert stated that they were taking on 200 caseworkers. Is that nationwide?

Also, can anyone please offer some advice for the competency interview? I have mine next week, and I've never had a competency interview before so I'm quite nervous for it!

ReputationRep:
    @Litts...
    Where have you applied for and when was your interview?
    I applied for Cardiff and my interview was on 15/08.

No change on my pages though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    I don't understand how they're taking on so many people nationwide? Can anyone explain why please?

I've applied for tax professional caseworker at the Cardiff office, and the job advert stated that they were taking on 200 caseworkers. Is that nationwide?

Also, can anyone please offer some advice for the competency interview? I have mine next week, and I've never had a competency interview before so I'm quite nervous for it!
    They're taking on so many people because compliance roles generate income for the treasury. As a caseworker, you would generate far more income than HMRC spends on paying you (probably ten times over actually). This means that, as long as caseworkers are profitable, HMRC will keep employing people. They are also moving to regional centres where there's alot more room in there.

Is that a HO or band O job?

Without seeing the advert, I can't tell you whether the vacancies are just in Cardiff or not.

As regards to competency interviews, how many competencies did you have to write for the application (and what did you score in each of them)?

Just make sure your answers in the interview hit the indicators on the competency concerned in the framework.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Litts)
    They're taking on so many people because compliance roles generate income for the treasury. As a caseworker, you would generate far more income than HMRC spends on paying you (probably ten times over actually). This means that, as long as caseworkers are profitable, HMRC will keep employing people. They are also moving to regional centres where there's alot more room in there.

Is that a HO or band O job?

Without seeing the advert, I can't tell you whether the vacancies are just in Cardiff or not.

As regards to competency interviews, how many competencies did you have to write for the application (and what did you score in each of them)?

Just make sure your answers in the interview hit the indicators on the competency concerned in the framework.
    It's to replace the people who are going to retire soon.

Over half the staff are over 50 according to last years stats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TraineeAcc)
    It's to replace the people who are going to retire soon.

Over half the staff are over 50 according to last years stats.
    That's certainly a factor, it's definitely an ageing workforce at HMRC.

However, given the deficit, it's a really good way of the government getting the money in that would normally be lost without those additional caseworkers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Litts)
    Looks like they've made a bit of a balls up.
    That document is used by civil service resourcing(CSR) and the interviewing panel to tell CSR how to progress your application. It's not a document that you should have been sent.

I don't even know whether your scores would be correct from that.

Is that the original sent to you or have you redacted it?
    No, they haven't sent it to me. I found it on the wonderful internet. May be inaccurate.

ReputationRep:
    I've not received an offer. The screenshot was not from the application but from a different document I found on the internet.
    Just a bit of digging, may be completely inaccurate though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Litts)
    I applied for Cardiff and my interview was on 15/08.

No change on my pages though.
    Have you checked the feedback page?..
    I had my interview in Mcr around 20th July. Results will be out early September.

ReputationRep:
    I've not received an offer. The screenshot was not from the application but from a different document I found on the internet.
    Ok thank you, At least you've got feedback on your interview. Seems like they're moving at least and have started compiling interview scores outside London at present.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 256
Size:  20.5 KBthis is what my feedback page is showing at present.

ReputationRep:
    You completely confused me.

Why did you even post the document if it's not been sent to you on civil service jobs?

ReputationRep:
    This was my response on my feedback page. 4 and 6 are my interview competency scores (interviewed on 28/07/16 in Nottingham) not the original sift so I think these have been entered in the wrong space but the Overall rating now states 'make an offer'
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Congrats simplymekaty.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.