Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is "tipping about" and "tilting about" the same thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pauux)
    Is "tipping about" and "tilting about" the same thing?
    Yeah I would think so!

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me what forces act on the bottom block when one block is on top of it and both blocks are in a lift.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a moments question that isnt at equilibrium?

ReputationRep:
    If I got 299/300 last year, assuming I got average of 90 in C3 and C4 do I only need 1 UMS in M1 for an A* overall? (of course I'm aiming for more but just thought it was worth checking)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Questioner1234)
    If I got 299/300 last year, assuming I got average of 90 in C3 and C4 do I only need 1 UMS in M1 for an A* overall? (of course I'm aiming for more but just thought it was worth checking)
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Questioner1234)
    And I thought having to get only 18 UMS in M1 was pretty cool... hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a list of the models we could be asked to define/say why they work etc (you know - the one mark type things) and what we should write? Thanks - and good luck everyone! Terrified over here... x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnowLeopard27)
    Does anyone have a list of the models we could be asked to define/say why they work etc (you know - the one mark type things) and what we should write? Thanks - and good luck everyone! Terrified over here... x
    These are the terms you need to know for modelling:

particle
    rod
    lamina
    uniform body
    centre of mass
    light object
    inextensible string / inelastic string
    smooth / rough surface
    wire
    smooth, light pulley
    bead
    peg
    air resistance
    wind
    gravity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KloppOClock)
    These are the terms you need to know for modelling:

particle
    rod
    lamina
    uniform body
    centre of mass
    light object
    inextensible string / inelastic string
    smooth / rough surface
    wire
    smooth, light pulley
    bead
    peg
    air resistance
    wind
    gravity
    How do wind and air resistance differ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    How do wind and air resistance differ?
    imagine dropping a ball straight down on a calm day vs during a tornado

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KloppOClock)
    imagine dropping a ball straight down on a calm day vs during a tornado
    Ah okay yeah haha

ReputationRep:
    Pls Someone quickly tell me tne forces on bottom blocks when one block is on top of another and they are both inside a lift

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fpmaniac)
    Pls Someone quickly tell me tne forces on bottom blocks when one block is on top of another and they are both inside a lift
    page 21
    http://www.mrbartonmaths.com/resourc...evision/M1.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Force on bottom block will be equal to the weight of the top block and bottom block combined

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    Anyone willing to write a summary of the module? Any important formulas that need to be known and any rules, eg: tension the same on smooth pulley etc.
    I am very confused about the module and by giving a summary it would hopefully help me and others who are struggling. Thanks much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had a link to the 2015 M1 paper?

ReputationRep:
    I found the model answers one, but would like to sit a lil mock for myself before I go to bed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenny01)
    Hey guys,
    Anyone willing to write a summary of the module? Any important formulas that need to be known and any rules, eg: tension the same on smooth pulley etc.
    I am very confused about the module and by giving a summary it would hopefully help me and others who are struggling. Thanks much appreciated
    the exam is in 9 and a half hours?

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone explain what you do when one vector is, for example south west of another? I know its something to do with knowing they make an isosceles triangle but still a bit confused on the method. Thanks in advance

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.