Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Passed my year at uni! :woo:

I just want to thank everyone in here who has been encouraging me with my academic work (and my mental health, obviously) ever since I joined the MHSS last year. Honestly, without the support of this, my wonderful family, and my awesome boyfriend, I would probably be a hobo living on the streets. :sadnod: So thank you, all of you. I mean it. You're all so wonderful :jumphug:

Please excuse me if I forget anyone. Can't tag you, Anonymous#1, but you've been awesome too.

(I've probably forgotten someone, sorry! )

(Original post by Airmed)
    x
    Should be me saying thank you to you Airmed :hugs: you have been fantastic x
    Really really pleased to hear you have passed, congratulations Airmed :jumphug: x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Should be me saying thank you to you Airmed :hugs: you have been fantastic x
    Really really pleased to hear you have passed, congratulations Airmed :jumphug: x
    Aw, thank you. But you've been brilliant, you're so lovely. :hugs:

ReputationRep:

I just want to thank everyone in here who has been encouraging me with my academic work (and my mental health, obviously) ever since I joined the MHSS last year. Honestly, without the support of this, my wonderful family, and my awesome boyfriend, I would probably be a hobo living on the streets. :sadnod: So thank you, all of you. I mean it. You're all so wonderful :jumphug:

Please excuse me if I forget anyone. Can't tag you, Anonymous#1, but you've been awesome too.

I don't really deserve to be on here! but thank you and congratulations for passing! :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    I don't really deserve to be on here! but thank you and congratulations for passing! :party:
    You've been great, trust me. :yep: Thank you! :hugs:

ReputationRep:

Congratulations! :party:
    I'm over the moon for you and I'm also very proud of you! :hugs:

Thank you so much for the mention I'm glad I have been able to help you in some way as you have helped me a lot over the last year or so with everything and I really appreciate that I'm always just a message away if you need me

Have a great summer, you deserve it! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Congratulations! :party:
    I'm over the moon for you and I'm also very proud of you! :hugs:

Thank you so much for the mention I'm glad I have been able to help you in some way as you have helped me a lot over the last year or so with everything and I really appreciate that I'm always just a message away if you need me

Have a great summer, you deserve it! :hugs:
    Aw, thank you. :hugs:

I am glad that your GP has agreed with you about your OCD therapist. I'm really proud that you told them the problems and the uselessness of the therapist, and I hope things will start to improve for you with your treatment! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    That really awkward moment when you forget the awesome Deyesy. :facepalm: :ashamed2:

I am so sorry, will you forgive me? You've been brilliant these last few weeks, honestly.

ReputationRep:
    I hardly post any more but do lurk and wanted to mention something about use of spoilers - the main one being, if you don't give an idea about what the topic of your post is, (ie give a trigger warning to a specific thing, like physical abuse, or eating disorders), then they are effectively redundant. Along with the fact that people seem to be using spoilers for random things/things that I don't think could be considered triggering to anyone, it gets confusing. Because if people are using them for other things *other than* triggering talk, then you are more likely to open the spoiler thinking it will just be a rant or something. And if you are posting triggering content and there is no warning about what it relates to, then you can get caught out. Not entirely sure if that makes any sense, but if you are going to go to the effort of making a spoiler, then please give a trigger warning (including specifics of what is triggering), otherwise it's no help to anyone in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    I hardly post any more but do lurk and wanted to mention something about use of spoilers - the main one being, if you don't give an idea about what the topic of your post is, (ie give a trigger warning to a specific thing, like physical abuse, or eating disorders), then they are effectively redundant. Along with the fact that people seem to be using spoilers for random things/things that I don't think could be considered triggering to anyone, it gets confusing. Because if people are using them for other things *other than* triggering talk, then you are more likely to open the spoiler thinking it will just be a rant or something. And if you are posting triggering content and there is no warning about what it relates to, then you can get caught out. Not entirely sure if that makes any sense, but if you are going to go to the effort of making a spoiler, then please give a trigger warning (including specifics of what is triggering), otherwise it's no help to anyone in my opinion.
    Makes a lot of sense and you're absolutely right. :hugs:

ReputationRep:

Well done!!!! (I thought id give a response!)
    Youve done very well!!

Im new here so ive not been able to support you here, but i hope things are well for you!
    I hope i can help to support you in the future!

How do i officially join the MHSS?

ReputationRep:
    Makes a lot of sense and you're absolutely right. :hugs:
    Thank you :hugs: MASSIVE congratulations to you for getting through your first year at university. It is exceptionally tough and you've done brilliantly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Well done!!!! (I thought id give a response!)
    Youve done very well!!

Im new here so ive not been able to support you here, but i hope things are well for you!
    I hope i can help to support you in the future!

How do i officially join the MHSS?
    Posting in here means you've joined.

And thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Posting in here means you've joined.

And thank you!
    Ah excellent! Ive defo joined then!
    Do you thinm i post here too much?

No worries! I hope things stay good for you!

ReputationRep:
    Ah excellent! Ive defo joined then!
    Do you thinm i post here too much?

No worries! I hope things stay good for you!
    You can post as much or as little as you want. :yep:

(Original post by ScaryScience)
    Thank you :hugs: MASSIVE congratulations to you for getting through your first year at university. It is exceptionally tough and you've done brilliantly.
    Aw, thank you so much! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    You can post as much or as little as you want. :yep:
    Ah excellent! Im probably gonna be posting a lot here tbh.
    Please let me know if you want me to back it off a bit!

I'm just beyond fed up now. My day started fine with a good exam but I'm just annoyed now.

ReputationRep:
    That really awkward moment when you forget the awesome Deyesy. :facepalm: :ashamed2:

I am so sorry, will you forgive me? You've been brilliant these last few weeks, honestly.
    Ah it's absolutely fine! ^_^ I've not done anywhere as much as the people you've tagged and I was just happy to see you've pass this year hence the rep

Ah excellent! Im probably gonna be posting a lot here tbh.
    Please let me know if you want me to back it off a bit!
    You're welcome to post as much or as little as you like in here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    You're welcome to post as much or as little as you like in here
    Thankyou!! Im glad to hear that! I enjoy posting here!
    But please let me know if you want me to back off a bit!
    I enjoy helping others!
    Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm just beyond fed up now. My day started fine with a good exam but I'm just annoyed now.
    Aw no whats up? :hugs:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.