Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Okdmd46)
    How did u get 17? The gradient was i creasing though for rates?
    idk its just what i got lol i think i found RFM and then moles to be 0.1 and multiplied by 170 which was the RFM given... i thought the the gradient was getting less steep? idk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bar73)
    Anyone know where the May June 2014 further maths paper is? its not on ccea i think i used to be though
    It's on the home page of the further maths microsite under the specimen papers.
    It should be here:
    http://www.rewardinglearning.org.uk/..._gcse/support/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabrielealek)
    idk its just what i got lol i think i found RFM and then moles to be 0.1 and multiplied by 170 which was the RFM given... i thought the the gradient was getting less steep? idk
    What was the substance they asked us to find? Yea i found out i got rate trend wrong, i done as time increaes gas volume increases

ReputationRep:
    How does everyone think they've done in the chemistry higher Unit ? Some of the questions were deadly especially that 9 marker!! I think i've got about 88% roughly...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rl15)
    Attachment 550611 I can't get question 1😭
    Name:  1466020856712-995189918.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  515.4 KB
    I hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJM1802)
    How does everyone think they've done in the chemistry higher Unit ? Some of the questions were deadly especially that 9 marker!! I think i've got about 88% roughly...
    I had no idea what i was writing for the 9 marker. I got the 1st, 3rd and 4th bullet points fine (I think!) but I could not get the ionic equation for the 2nd bullet point! I hope I've done okay. I'm no good at Chemistry but I think it went fine. If i got 88% I would be over the moon!

ReputationRep:
    I think the ratio was 2:1 so 1 mole was 0.05 of the other and then 0.05x170 =8.5? Not sure

ReputationRep:
    I think the ratio was 2:1 so 1 mole was 0.05 of the other and then 0.05x170 =8.5? Not sure
    see i used the other mass they gave us of 14.35g and divided by 143.5 which was the RFM of the substance they asked which gave 0.1 moles and i thought the ratio for both was 1:1 as they both had 2 infront of them..

ReputationRep:
    see i used the other mass they gave us of 14.35g and divided by 143.5 which was the RFM of the substance they asked which gave 0.1 moles and i thought the ratio for both was 1:1 as they both had 2 infront of them..
    Why did u do that? I cant acc mind the masses and reactants they gave us

ReputationRep:
    Why did u do that? I cant acc mind the masses and reactants they gave us
    im not sure i just used that mass they gave us because it didnt make sense for them to put in there in the second question and not use it lol i probably read it wrong

ReputationRep:
    I have 7 exams left and absolutely no motivation for further maths tomorrow... not good!!

ReputationRep:
    im not sure i just used that mass they gave us because it didnt make sense for them to put in there in the second question and not use it lol i probably read it wrong
    Its funny bc i have asked two people of about equal intelligence and one said 8.5 the other said 17 lol so i duno, but what ever one of us has got it wrong will probs have only lost one mark as they usually apply follow through marking

ReputationRep:
    Its funny bc i have asked two people of about equal intelligence and one said 8.5 the other said 17 lol so i duno, but what ever one of us has got it wrong will probs have only lost one mark as they usually apply follow through marking
    lol same happened to me when i asked, like you said only 1 mark

ReputationRep:
    lol same happened to me when i asked, like you said only 1 mark
    What u say for why carbon monoxide is dangerous?

ReputationRep:
    What u say for why carbon monoxide is dangerous?
    that its toxic and hard to detect as it odourless and colourless + takes the place of oxygen and something else but cant remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nmeechan)
    i literally made up a random equation for boiling of hard water like caco3 + h2o => ca(oh3)2 + co2 + h2 + 02

like i dont even think it balances
    What was the question i dont remember doing this and im panicking

ReputationRep:
    that its toxic and hard to detect as it odourless and colourless + takes the place of oxygen and something else but cant remember
    Would this get me the two marks: carbon monoxide is colourless, odourless and toxic and can kill us by reacting with the red blood cells in our body? I ran outta space to continue lol but I hope that should be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bar73)
    What was the question i dont remember doing this and im panicking
    An equation was not necessary as it didn't state and was qwc, but it's still accepted I'd say I didn't just to play safe, how hardness is removed by boiling: thermal decomposition to form insoluble or a precipitate of limestone

ReputationRep:
    Its funny bc i have asked two people of about equal intelligence and one said 8.5 the other said 17 so i dunno, but what ever one of us has got it wrong will probs have only lost one mark as they usually apply follow through marking
    I thought I got this one right and I got 17, but overall I thought it was a tricky- but nice paper. Definitely separated those who revised from those who didn't. Dreading ad maths tomorrow- gonna hope its alright- only 3 left then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strudell)
    I thought I got this one right and I got 17, but overall I thought it was a tricky- but nice paper. Definitely separated those who revised from those who didn't. Dreading ad maths tomorrow- gonna hope its alright- only 3 left then!
    Absolutely! So many new questions and if u didn't revise u were abs fckdd

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.