Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can u withdraw your application and apply again for a different scheme? Or once u withdraw u can't apply again?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Also can any1 confirm that different schemes have different pass marks for the SJT and Etray?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e^x)
    Can u withdraw your application and apply again for a different scheme? Or once u withdraw u can't apply again?

Thanks
    You will be allowed to apply next year. You cannot apply twice in one year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e^x)

Thanks
    once you've done the tests you can't reapply

ReputationRep:
    Etray results should be out either on Friday or Monday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acqua)
    Etray results should be out either on Friday or Monday
    How do you know!? Thanks!

I guess one positive is that if the assessment centre is in Dec, after the video interview we should hear back pretty quickly as it's half way into November already!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whyamianadult)
    How do you know!? Thanks!

I guess one positive is that if the assessment centre is in Dec, after the video interview we should hear back pretty quickly as it's half way into November already!
    I went to an event today and i asked directly 😊 thats true but itll take them ages to go through all the video interviews so who knows

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing given we've all applied to 2 or 3 schemes or maybe more the video interview will be competency based as opposed to why finance/commercial etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingerwizard)
    I'm guessing given we've all applied to 2 or 3 schemes or maybe more the video interview will be competency based as opposed to why finance/commercial etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I went to a civil service talk and they were like it will be questions such as 'describe a time where you lead a team' or 'a time when you overcame an obstacle' blabla

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cardiffbluebird)
    once you've done the tests you can't reapply
    Ive only done the SJT tests not the Etray. Is still not possible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e^x)
    Highly doubtful. It says once you've chosen your schemes and applied they cannot be changed. Says it right at the beginning. I imagine if you withdraw, that's it, you will not allowed to re-apply differently.

ReputationRep:
    Emailed parity, turns out I am having the same issue as some on here- they haven't yet applied adjustments to my etray which is why it hasn't unlocked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e^x)
    yep, not possible. sorry. I was allowed to reapply before I had done SJT to change courses. but only because i hadnt done the tests

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I found the etray awful. Didn't finish all the questions 😔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoldenGirl92)
    Hey guys,

Sorry to hear that, but whatever you do, do not panic. You've done it now and that's the important thing. Besides, I only answered 16 last year and still got considered for the assessment. The eTray tests your time management inasmuch as it tests your reactions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoldenGirl92)
    Hey guys,

Don't worry, even though I finished it I had idea what I was doing. Pretty much guessed half of them. So probably the questions you did you got all right. Quality if not quantity!

ReputationRep:
    any1 know what the finance scheme is all about? the information on the page seems a bit vague.

ReputationRep:
    Haha here's to hoping but it was so confusing. After a while the responses all seemed pretty identical :/

ReputationRep:
    So this is slightly relevant; http://on.ft.com/2ftWuxa

An extra 30,000 civil servants will be needed for the Brexit talks. Which, the way I see it, means they may be hiring more people for the Fast Stream this year. It could explain how so many of us got through the first round of tests. Either way, this week is technically "the middle of November", so I'm hoping we'll be hearing back any day now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caravan_Palace)
    So this is slightly relevant; http://on.ft.com/2ftWuxa

An extra 30,000 civil servants will be needed for the Brexit talks. Which, the way I see it, means they may be hiring more people for the Fast Stream this year. It could explain how so many of us got through the first round of tests. Either way, this week is technically "the middle of November", so I'm hoping we'll be hearing back any day now.
    I saw this and thought the same! Although, i think it's important to remember that memo was leaked by Deloitte and not the official govt' position.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.