Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! (:

ReputationRep:
    If I got around 52 in C3 and 60 in C4, is that enough to put me into the A boundary? (even if it is a very low A). :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cal 1)
    If I got around 52 in C3 and 60 in C4, is that enough to put me into the A boundary? (even if it is a very low A). :hmmmm:
    Might scrape an A if AQA are generous with C3 grade boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam_98)
    Might scrape an A if AQA are generous with C3 grade boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile
    60 in c4 should definitely be an A, and 52 for an A in c3 won't be that far off considering how hard the paper was

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    40/75 grade prediction? Completely flopped it after getting straight A's on past papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truee123)
    I could not do that at all 😭
    That's 8 marks lost them😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maj12)
    40/75 grade prediction? Completely flopped it after getting straight A's on past papers
    i literally think i got 40 in c3 too! any idea on what that will be anyone? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omarharoun3)
    i literally think i got 40 in c3 too! any idea on what that will be anyone? :/
    How do you think you did in c4?

ReputationRep:
    Got k to = 6 on the last question, then put 1/2arctan(3x/2) because I used the formula from the book because I doubted myself for some reason. Also got c to = 1 for some reason. Bare in mind I got the other integration right so would you guys say 2/7, 3/7 or what? Not entirely sure myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maj12)
    How do you think you did in c4?
    i think i got like 60/75 in c4

ReputationRep:
    If i got 258 UMS at AS, do you think 40/75 in C3 and 60/75 in C4 and like 60/75 in mechanics will get me an A overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MahuduElec)
    For that method, you must times the entire thing by the derivative of 3/2, 4x1.5=6 so k is 6 even if you used formula booklet

(as if use anything that doesn't have the same coefficient of x, you must use chain rule alongside the formula booklet)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah i know i forgot, there goes me trying to use further maths in core haha, my head wasnt in the right place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kedric123)
    Got k to = 6 on the last question, then put 1/2arctan(3x/2) because I used the formula from the book because I doubted myself for some reason. Also got c to = 1 for some reason. Bare in mind I got the other integration right so would you guys say 2/7, 3/7 or what? Not entirely sure myself
    I did a similar thing, I used the integration from the book! Except I got k=4 and C=-1, but that's because I forgot to multiply the first part of the integration by -pi (which you would get from -3 x 1/3pi where y=1/3 pi I believe!) so I would have got positive 1pi!
    I suspect you just forgot about the pi so I wouldn't worry too much, you probably only dropped a couple like I think I did

Overall I'm expecting to get 1/3 in the first part as i didn't really do what they asked, and 5/7 in part b) because I integrated correctly, I just had 1/4 tan instead of 1/6 (which should be a follow through mark due to the wrong k, I suspect the mark scheme will say 1/k for candidates k value) and I forgot to multiply -1 by pi to get +pi for my C!

Part a) 1/3 marks part b) 5/7 marks sound about right for what I did? Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kedric123)
    wow i saw everyone using the formula books but I never and some how got an answer

ReputationRep:
    I think I've almost definitely dropped between 9-11 marks as far as I can remember but that's hoping my arithmetic for everything else was correct, what do you guys think will be 90ums this year (because I really don't want to resit in year 13)? (even though I know speculating won't affect the actual grade bounds)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guls)
    wow i saw everyone using the formula books but I never and some how got an answer
    People using formula booklet forgot that they were practically doing integration by substitution letting u=3x before using the standard integral, and then forgot to divide by 3 later on, which led to their getting 1/2 instead of 1/6

But no you weren't supposed to use the booklet, you only needed the result from part a

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    People using formula booklet forgot that they were practically doing integration by substitution letting u=3x before using the standard integral, and then forgot to divide by 3 later on, which led to their getting 1/2 instead of 1/6

But no you weren't supposed to use the booklet, you only needed the result from part a
    I just said that since dtheta/dx=6/1+4x^2 or whatever; that means that 1/1+4x^2 was 1/6dtheta/dx and then if you sub it in you just integrate 1/6dtheta. The dx cancels out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DEWR98)
    I think I've almost definitely dropped between 9-11 marks as far as I can remember but that's hoping my arithmetic for everything else was correct, what do you guys think will be 90ums this year (because I really don't want to resit in year 13)? (even though I know speculating won't affect the actual grade bounds)
    I think full ums would be like 64-67 or something like that; and I'm hoping I got A* overall so I don't have to resit C3 overall to get the A*.Bear in mind people on twitter etc found C4 hard aswell post the vectors question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guls)
    You didn't need the formula booklet. The question was trying to get you to derive an FP2 technique using C4 knowledge. For FP2 you would just use the formula book, but because the question said "hence" you would probably get more marks for not using the formula booklet

ReputationRep:
    Any idea what around 63 on C3 and 62 on C4 is likely to be?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.