Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.25%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.56%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.19%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devify)
    You can collect coins every 21 hours. Per each Pokemon you have in a gym, you get 10 coins and 500 stardust. You also get some xp just for fighting.

If you lower the prestige enough, you could take over the gym, meaning that's another Pokemon you can leave and more rewards
    Thanks! I stopped at 4 gyms on the way home from work and took them all over! They all got kicked out before the end of the night but hopefully I got some XP from it, and I got 40 coins... It's going to take a while before I can afford anything with coins at this rate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    Why would we deliberately stop doing the most fun thing about this game, and risk getting banned in the process :confused:

If you're just going to sit in your house and catch pokemon you might as well not play the game and just pretend you've caught them all
    Yeh, I agree, I think I'd get bored with the game if I could just sit at home and do it. Takes away the whole point of the game

ReputationRep:
    hey I'm thinking of downloading pokemon go to play on my walk to work ; any advice guys ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    hey I'm thinking of downloading pokemon go to play on my walk to work ; any advice guys ??
    listen to music is better

ReputationRep:
    I just acidently trashed an incense when trying to use it :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    listen to music is better
    No because I don't like blocking out the outside world !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)

Doooooo it

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else getting the 'unable to authenticate' error when trying to log in? Safari is fine but the app won't let me in ;(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .sophia)
    Anyone else getting the 'unable to authenticate' error when trying to log in? Safari is fine but the app won't let me in ;(
    Unfortunately not but the server might be overloaded which might be why the app is not letting you log in. How long have you had the issue?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ed Phelan)
    Unfortunately not but the server might be overloaded which might be why the app is not letting you log in. How long have you had the issue?
    It lasted a few hours but all is fine now - thanks!

ReputationRep:
    been playing pokemon firered on my way to work on the tube on a gba emulator on my phone. Awesome game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I just acidently trashed an incense when trying to use it :bawling:
    What do you mean 'trashed'? You can't exactly delete it. Or did you just use it by mistake?

ReputationRep:
    I just evolved drowzee and eevee
    Got a vaporeon and a hypno (cp 278, 599 respectiveley)
    feeling pretty: rn XD

ReputationRep:
    oh yh and oddish went to gloom and its visually disturbing
    i do not reccomend it :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    What do you mean 'trashed'? You can't exactly delete it. Or did you just use it by mistake?
    You can delete it!!! There is a little trash can icon which lets you delete it.

ReputationRep:
    Caught a jigglypuff never have i been so proud of myself before xD hahaha

ReputationRep:
    I can't get my app to work anymore Shows up with my character surrounded by what appears to be a blue ocean and 'GPS not found' I've checked all my settings and I'm meant to be going on a trek tomorrow If anyone has a solution let me know please

ReputationRep:
    I have another dumbass n00b question:

Is it better to power up pokemon to the maximum and then evolve them or vice versa (or does it not make any difference)? (I'd assume the former?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    You can delete it!!! There is a little trash can icon which lets you delete it.
    Wow I didn't know that. That sucks lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    I have another dumbass n00b question:

Is it better to power up pokemon to the maximum and then evolve them or vice versa (or does it not make any difference)? (I'd assume the former?)
    It's better to save up the stardust and not use any; just mass evolve with a magic egg to level up quickly.

Once you hit level ~20 then start to level them up. Since the higher level you are the high CP pokemon you tend to catch, therefore those higher CP pokemon you caught will make your *****y level 10 powered up Pokemon which you spent all your stardust on redundant.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.