The Current Year 12 thread 2016-2017

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

(Original post by mayacarswell)
    Hey does anyone know if there are whatsapp groups for chemistry, pure maths and biology? I'd like to talk to some people and get some revision done too!
    Do you still need one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J0333)
    It's gonna take me twice as long though because it is difficult! I have English that's in for a week on Monday so I'm gonna try and do like sections every day😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That'd be a good idea indeed I believe I have Physics homework for Monday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza772000)
    OCR MEI is the hardest exam board, I wish I did Edexcel

Well, we're gonna do C1 and S1 till October I believe, but overall this year I'm doing C1, C2, S1, M1, D1, FP1.
    i'm also doing maths and fm on ocr mei, and we're doing C1, C2, FP1, D1, S1 and S2 this year, then FP2, C3, C4, M1, M2 and M3 next year. i have no idea what mechanics will be like (i'm guessing it'll start off with kinematics, which i don't mind) so doing three modules of it is daunting hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanilla Cupcake)
    i'm also doing maths and fm on ocr mei, and we're doing C1, C2, FP1, D1, S1 and S2 this year, then FP2, C3, C4, M1, M2 and M3 next year. i have no idea what mechanics will be like (i'm guessing it'll start off with kinematics, which i don't mind) so doing three modules of it is daunting hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh we spoke b4! I am the guy who had the Eminem profile picture

ReputationRep:
    Yh we spoke b4! I am the guy who had the Eminem profile picture
    ahh! i remember talking to someone about fm on ocr mei but couldn't remember whether it was you or not hope sixth form is going well for you!

ReputationRep:
    ahh! i remember talking to someone about fm on ocr mei but couldn't remember whether it was you or not hope sixth form is going well for you!
    haha yh thats me

yep its going well S1 has started to get interesting wbu?

ReputationRep:
    haha yh thats me

yep its going well S1 has started to get interesting wbu?
    we've just finished complex numbers in FP1 and i'm still trying to get my head around it, but it's good overall

ReputationRep:
    we've just finished complex numbers in FP1 and i'm still trying to get my head around it, but it's good overall
    Oh we're gonna do FP1 later on in the year currently we're doing S1 and C1, are you doing C1 aswell?

ReputationRep:
    Oh we're gonna do FP1 later on in the year currently we're doing S1 and C1, are you doing C1 aswell?
    we started with C1 but then jumped to C2, we're not really doing single maths by module but more by topic we've just finished sequences and will be doing proofs next lesson

ReputationRep:
    we started with C1 but then jumped to C2, we're not really doing single maths by module but more by topic we've just finished sequences and will be doing proofs next lesson
    damn u guys are going fast! We had a look at like one question of proof but obviously my teacher has to make sure all students understand so he has to move at a certain pace

ReputationRep:
    Well, I never thought I'd have quite this much work 2 weeks in! Enjoying it though. Finally got to know a couple of people in my health and social care classes, and the teachers are starting to learn my names!! Better than ever before!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Introduce yourself
    - What are your hobbies and interests?
    - What subjects are you planning to take?
    - Your favourite subject(s)?
    - Your ideal future occupation?

Hello everyone! I'm Banana :wavey:

I love reading and I adore History, so books on History are pretty much the best things ever, according to me! I also used to play the piano and do Ballroom and Latin American dancing but I've stopped these now to focus on my A Levels. :teeth:

I'm taking History, Politics, French and Latin for A Level. I love them all but my favourite subject is History.

My ideal future occupation is to join the British Army as an Officer and then perhaps go into Politics?

Best wishes to everyone with their A Levels!
    Banana

ColossalAtom, thank you for making this thread. I'm also a probable Cambridge applicant. :p::teeth:

ReputationRep:
    How do you ask questions/start new posts on the TSR app???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Introduce yourself
    Hi I'm Rachel, I don't have a specific hobby but I sing and play the guitar though I mostly spend my time time obsessing over stupid stuff like TV shows and movies.

General obsessions include:
    The Walking Dead
    Game of Thrones
    The Rocky Horror Show
    AVPM
    X-men
    Seinfeld

I'm taking maths, further maths, physics and computer science (I'm a total nerd)

My favorite subject is computer science, coincidentally I want to be a computer scientist.

Excited to have started my A-levels, hope everyone else is too! :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J0333)
    I'm Joe! I'm into acting, and like to do that in my spare time! I'm studying geography, media and English Lang & Lit A levels! I wanna start using this app more often as I'm starting to struggle already with the gcse to a level jump! Hoping to make some friends on here maybe?😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The GCSE/A-Level jump has been my least favourite thing! I'm already drowning in work!! What's English lit like? I was intending to take it but then decided not to haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marwick7)
    Introduce yourself
    Hi I'm Rachel, I don't have a specific hobby but I sing and play the guitar though I mostly spend my time time obsessing over stupid stuff like TV shows and movies.

General obsessions include:
    The Walking Dead
    Game of Thrones
    The Rocky Horror Show
    AVPM
    X-men
    Seinfeld

I'm taking maths, further maths, physics and computer science (I'm a total nerd)

My favorite subject is computer science, coincidentally I want to be a computer scientist.

Excited to have started my A-levels, hope everyone else is too! :thumbsup:
    Finally another person wants to be a computer scientist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayacarswell)
    Hey does anyone know if there are whatsapp groups for chemistry, pure maths and biology? I'd like to talk to some people and get some revision done too!
    Heyyy I'm doing biology and chemistry!!!!pm me??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryblossoming)
    What are your hobbies and interests?

I love reading (in particular classics. Anyone want to talk about The Catcher in the Rye with me?) Also am learning the French language because I really like it BBC's Sherlock is what I practically live for. Noticed someone mention COD so just going to throw in that I play it but I'm not the best tbh

What subjects are you planning to take?

English lit, Maths, History, French. (What can I say, I'm a humanities kinda gal)

Your favourite subject(s)?

English lit and French

Your ideal future occupation?

Lawyer (Not a barrister though, I prefer the office life so corporate or something along those lines)

Also wanted to throw in that I'm going St Doms so if anyone is also going and wants to say hi please do
    OMG same!! I wanna do law and I want to be a solicitor which means doing the office work

ReputationRep:
    Loving chemistry not struggling doing homework great ,then u have my teacher who says I'm slow ridiculous homework and concerned 😭😡😓 so upset wat if he kicks me out of the course?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering that too ... I don't get it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.