[2017] Fastest and slowest offer senders!

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JP0458B)
    What course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Econ. Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel58)
    Thank you, same goes for you! It's my preferred insurance choice so I'm really happy with the offer
    What's your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BEARichards)
    Anyone got offers from Birmingham, Southampton, Exeter or Warwick yet?
    I got one from Birmingham today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlie_rhia_x)
    What's your first choice?
    My order of preference is Cambridge, York, Birmingham, Exeter, UCL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Is your application ready?
    Yup personal statement's done. Just need a reference now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AM66)
    If you are wanting to change course you can email to uni asking to be considered by a different department and they may ask you to submit another personal statement - my friend did this last year. I would ring UCAS and ask first though
    Do you know what university your friend did this for? at the moment I'm applying for a mix of joint subjects and I really just want to do history now :/

ReputationRep:
    Just sent my applications off to Cambridge, Bristol, UCL, Warwick and Nottingham for Law. Anyone received any replies from those uni's for law?

ReputationRep:
    Sent in application late last week. Received Bristol offer for EcOn this afternoon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Yup personal statement's done. Just need a reference now!
    Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren1498x)
    Can you change the personal statement? I don't think you can? I'd only do it if I could change that too
    I don't believe you can change your PS but UCAS lets you substitute one of your options in a 2 week period from the date your application was processed in Track, but only one choice.

Otherwise if it's the course you want to change you can always email the universities and ask to change which course you're considered for but keep your universities.

ReputationRep:
    Just got a Maths offer from Warwick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdpjohnson)
    I don't believe you can change your PS but UCAS lets you substitute one of your options in a 2 week period from the date your application was processed in Track, but only one choice.

Otherwise if it's the course you want to change you can always email the universities and ask to change which course you're considered for but keep your universities.
    I want to keep the universities but just change course but if I can't change the personal statement I'll probably end up being even less likely to get in since I'll just be applying for one subject but in my ps I'm talking about 3 so will keep everything as is if I can't make any changes to it

ReputationRep:
    My order of preference is Cambridge, York, Birmingham, Exeter, UCL
    Cambridge is my first choice too but Birmingham is my second so I'm so relieved that i got it today! Which Camb college are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    Sent off application yesterday for maths at Cambridge, Warwick, Bath, Bristol and Southampton! Have had acknowledgement emails from all but Bristol, will update if/when I have offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren1498x)
    I want to keep the universities but just change course but if I can't change the personal statement I'll probably end up being even less likely to get in since I'll just be applying for one subject but in my ps I'm talking about 3 so will keep everything as is if I can't make any changes to it
    Well if you've discussed that subject already in your personal statement then they will know you have an interest in it - it wouldn't be completely changing to a different subject altogether. They might just ask you to send them another personal statement via email.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from York for AAA or A*AB for English, with the other condition being getting an A in English. Was worried I wouldn't get an offer from them, so it's a relief that I have. York's most likely to be my firm choice when I get to that stage, but I suppose it depends on how much I like UEA when I go there for the Open Day on the 22nd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlie_rhia_x)
    Cambridge is my first choice too but Birmingham is my second so I'm so relieved that i got it today! Which Camb college are you applying to?
    Trinity, wbu? The Birmingham lecturers were just a bit uninspiring to me - they didn't even know the standard offer! How unprepared can you be?

ReputationRep:
    Trinity, wbu? The Birmingham lecturers were just a bit uninspiring to me - they didn't even know the standard offer! How unprepared can you be?
    I'm applying to Trinity too! what college?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What course* hahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gmahapatra)
    I'm applying to Trinity too! what college?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    High five!!!
    History What about you? (Please, omg, don't say history, my application isn't the strongest, I want almost no one applying for Trinity History)

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.